SIM Card Registration - Updated Information and The Procedure

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Mike J said:

I did three a month or so ago.  Smart and Glove for my phone, and Smart for the big WIFI router.  Tried to do the wife's and it said it was already registered???  Hope that is true or she may trade my phone for hers.  :hystery:

Is she post-paid?  AM's Globe SIM is post-paid and she didn't have to register but she keeps getting messages about updating info if required only.  She confirmed with Globe that all post-paid are pre-registered by Globe. 

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
43 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

Is she post-paid?  AM's Globe SIM is post-paid and she didn't have to register but she keeps getting messages about updating info if required only.  She confirmed with Globe that all post-paid are pre-registered by Globe. 

All our sims are prepaid.  I suspect she may have registered early and forgotten about it.  A lot going on with our ministry and she has been super busy.

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 3/14/2023 at 8:58 AM, GeoffH said:

I never keep more than about 3000 peso in Gcash or Grab, too many stories going around about people losing their balances.

That's enough to pay for a taxi or a meal or a basic hotel, which is all I use them for.

Yes confirm, we lost P2000 here in spite of numerous texts nothing.....Made rule to limit account to P500, a few weeks later P100 disappeared. Friend of my partners lost P2000.  Issue is no office that I am aware of.

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

I thought I was done with all of this because my SMART SIM was registered weeks ago and I checked the app for my GOMO SIM (data on the Globe network) at the same time and it said as I'd already filled in my details when registering they didn't need more information.

But yesterday evening the GOMO app is greyed out (not working) and it said a new version had to be downloaded, that new version wanted all of the registration details (which for a tourist visa foreigner includes passport) so I didn't do that (don't want my passport data in some random small SIM companies data base). 

GOMO leaves this until only a few days before the SIM registration cut off mind you...

I thought "I'll get SWMBO or her sister to register it today" but this morning the new app says "under maintenance" so that's not accepting registrations either (luckily I've only got about 800 peso of load data stored on it).

It's more fun in the Philippines :whistling:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Heeb
Posted
Posted
On 4/23/2023 at 7:54 AM, RBM said:

Went to a small shop in SM yesterday asked if they would register my TNT.

Sure no problem, gave them my local licence, halfway through she said....oh dear they need passport, wait....we change your citizenship to a local....couple minutes later all done, no charge.

I think it’s because the sim registration for foreigners is only good until your visa expires according to the rules I read. I did mine today and when I got to the passport part I switched gears and registered my SIM in my wife’s name. She now has two phones in her name.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Heeb said:

I think it’s because the sim registration for foreigners is only good until your visa expires according to the rules I read

It depends on the exact Status you have Tourist or non (Tourist permanent resident) mine went through quirt easy :tiphat:

Heeb
Posted
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

It depends on the exact Status you have Tourist or non (Tourist permanent resident) mine went through quirt easy :tiphat:

I’m a tourist currently on 30 day extension.

Edited by Heeb

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Heeb said:

I’m a tourist 

Ah then you will have had to re register after  30 days so I guess you went the right road :smile:

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Heeb said:

I think it’s because the sim registration for foreigners is only good until your visa expires according to the rules I read. I did mine today and when I got to the passport part I switched gears and registered my SIM in my wife’s name. She now has two phones in her name.

I'm on a 13A so my Visa has no expiry.  IIRC there were several options for different types of foreigners here - I selected resident foreigner from memory and had to attach my ACR as proof.  

• Like 1