SIM Card Registration - Updated Information and The Procedure

hk blues
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, baronapart said:

I guarantee if it takes more than five minutes my wife is going to do it ;-)

It will take my wife less than 30 seconds - just long enough for her to read what's required and then decide it's a job for tomorrow - or ME!  

• Haha 3

Gas
Posted
Posted
On 12/14/2022 at 6:26 PM, BrettGC said:

It should be noted that this applies to pre-paid sims only as you've already sufficiently identified yourself if you're on a post-paid plan.  

Received the message today. 

Hi! Starting December 27, 2022, the SIM Registration Act (SRA) will require all users of mobile devices to register their SIM as protection against SIM-aided criminal activity.

As a Globe Postpaid customer, you are already registered. We will get in touch with you should further information be required to align your registration details with the requirements of the law. 

To learn more about SRA, visit https://glbe.co/simregfaq

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

L just forwarded this to me today:

image.jpeg

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Thanks 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

L just forwarded this to me today:

image.jpeg

Now there's a surprise. 

• Haha 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Globe sent out sms to me today stating that as my account is postpaid, Im already registered however they reserve the right to contact me later if additional requirements are needed to ensure compliance with the law.

I imagine Globe and Smart have had to employ a few hundred folk each for website development, checking , encoding ( a word only ever used here ) plus plus plus.....I mean globe only have 87 millions Sims to register.. piece of cake, right.

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Freebie said:

I imagine Globe and Smart have had to employ a few hundred folk each for website development, checking , encoding ( a word only ever used here ) plus plus plus.....I mean globe only have 87 millions Sims to register.. piece of cake, right.

This isn't going to turn into a shit show at all.

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

It already is - the message above from Gas above says that as a postpaid customer no action is required which is totally contrary to the regulation's guidance which states that confirmation of details for postpaid holders is still required.  I suspect they simply haven't been able to set up their websites to have a different process for postpaid and prepaid customers.   

ETA - I also note Globe have set a deadline of end April for registration which is not 180 days from mid December.  It make me chuckle that they are shortening the timeframe as if they are so on the ball and switched on that they can bring the deadline forward!  

Let's see.

Edited by hk blues
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, BrettGC said:

Well it’s not the telco’s fault. The fault lies on the DICT’s who implemented it. 🤣

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Smart have online registration  HERE

I will be getting the GF to do mine as no way will I be registering as a tourist so goes in her name. 

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I will be getting the GF to do mine

Living in Canada, I thought I need not worry about it.  Turns out the GF has an active Philippine sim that she wanted to register.  10 tries and she finally got it done using her Canadian ID, which was strange as they wanted Philippine ID but did not accept her Philippine passport.  Good thing these Filipinas are stubborn.  I would have said feck it!

• Haha 3