Health cover

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 1/24/2023 at 2:45 PM, OnMyWay said:

The plan is guaranteed renewable to age 100

you old farts won't need to worry. 20 years leeway. 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, jimeve said:

o going ahead and booked to have the cataract op next Tuesday,

Just keep one eye open. The latest reports I hear that they sometimes confuse cataracts with castration. 

• Haha 4

hk blues
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Just keep one eye open. The latest reports I hear that they sometimes confuse cataracts with castration. 

Balls! 

jimeve
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 2/3/2023 at 6:41 AM, Mike J said:

Be sure you let us know your experience.  I expect I will need to have it done some time in the future if I live long enough.

Hello mike J, Had the eye surgery yesterday in Dumaguete, very professional operation, with all the test and eye drops come to P47k. That was with mono lens.

Went for an checkup today and all is well, got to keep the eye drops every 3 hours, one for anti-inflammatory the other for anti-bacteria.

So far so good, need to wear sun glasses as I'm not use to my eye's letting so much day-light in.

Massive difference to my distance sight but may need reading glasses, due to mono lens.

Oh, and that P47K included the Phil-health discount, If I had the senior discount id they would discount even more. Not sure Foreigners are allowed that!

Edited by jimeve
  • Thanks 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
On 2/3/2023 at 7:02 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

Sill got my lunch-box intact after the opp.

• Haha 3

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Sill got my lunch-box intact after the opp.

But does the operation make it look bigger close up? :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

I've seen a few people mention PhilHealth as an option, is that restricted to 13A and SRRV or can tourist visa holders avail of it as well?

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, GeoffH said:

I've seen a few people mention PhilHealth as an option, is that restricted to 13A and SRRV or can tourist visa holders avail of it as well?

According to the memo in 2017, coverage is extended to SRRV holders and others who hold ACR I-cards who are residing and/or working in the Philippines.  I'd imagine tourists are not able to get cover on this basis.  

• Sad 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

I suspect you’re correct and a tourist ACR card won’t be enough (like with most banks).

jimeve
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, GeoffH said:

I think tourist can avail of Philhealth but must pay the full amount P17K.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmm thinking 1