No wonder Philippines has a diabetes problem

jimeve
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Source by Google *****************

Potatoes for health and nutrition

They're rich in vitamin C, which is an antioxidant. Potatoes were a life-saving food source in early times because the vitamin C prevented scurvy. Another major nutrient in potatoes is potassium, an electrolyte which aids in the workings of our heart, muscles, and nervous system. 

s it OK to eat a potato everyday?

A. Yes, it is safe to consume potatoes every day as long as you cook them without much salt or saturated fats. One medium-size potato can be part of a healthy diet. It doesn't increase cardiometabolic risk and the chances of having diabetes and heart disease.Oct 12, 2022 :tiphat:

Depends if one is on a low carb diet, No harm in saturated fat or salt in fact without salt in your diet you could not survive.

It all depends on your macro-nutrients. I'm on a high fat low carb diet so potatoes are off the menu so are the other high carb food,s.

As for vitamin C.

• Citrus (oranges, kiwi, lemon, grapefruit)
  • Bell peppers.
  • Strawberries.
  • Tomatoes.
  • vegetables (broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower and more.
  • Like 5

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Depends if one is on a low carb diet, No harm in saturated fat or salt in fact without salt in your diet you could not survive.

It all depends on your macro-nutrients. I'm on a high fat low carb diet so potatoes are off the menu so are the other high carb food,s.

As for vitamin C.

• Citrus (oranges, kiwi, lemon, grapefruit)
  • Bell peppers.
  • Strawberries.
  • Tomatoes.
  • vegetables (broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower and more.

Same here.  I cut out most of those good veggies but I will add them back later after I hit my weight goal.  I'm going to hit 100 kg this week and my goal mid-term goal is 90.  That would be in the August timeframe.  I will see if I look like a skeleton at that time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

One thing most miss, including "experts", is that nutrition and metabolism are highly individualized.  As some said, Genetics plays role, but with or without genetics, diet is a huge factor.  Also age is a big factor.  Most of us, when young, can eat anything and survive.  However, bad foods do play a role in the mental health of youngsters.  As we age, metabolism changes, and often that is related to food choices.  Insulin is a big factor, and insulin resistance may take years to build up.  Many diseases are the result.

Highly recommend these two videos.  As I have mentioned, the world has been sold a lie about nutrition, propagated by big pharma and big food companies.

https://youtu.be/iVJM_0XEiBI

https://youtu.be/3u8jzKkMA98

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

"No wonder Philippines has a diabetes problem"

I have looked at global lists before, and again just now, and I am surprised that the Philippines only shows a 7% diabetes rate.  I won't post the sources as I'm not confident that they are correct, but they all say the same.

U.S., 11%, Pakistan 30%!

Most likely, poorer countries have a higher incidence of "uncontrolled" diabetes and / or "undetected".

• Hmm thinking 1

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

don't forget to add the banana ketchup to it!

Water Sugar "ketchup"

ufc_tamis_anghang_banana_ketch_163152789

• Haha 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Kingpin said:

Water Sugar "ketchup"

ufc_tamis_anghang_banana_ketch_163152789

Heinz has a sugar free ketchup that they stock at Royal Duty free.  I forget which artificial sweetener they use, but this will be my last bottle  Tastes ok, but my next dietary change is going to eliminate the artificial sweeteners.

• Like 1

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
57 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

my next dietary change is going to eliminate the artificial sweeteners.

Been there too, whatever they use here is the worst.

HFCS is even worse than sugar and is also in nearly everything here, the only ketchup that doesn't have it is glass bottle Heinz, and 'Extra Rich' Del Monte.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Kingpin said:

Been there too, whatever they use here is the worst.

HFCS is even worse than sugar and is also in nearly everything here, the only ketchup that doesn't have it is glass bottle Heinz, and 'Extra Rich' Del Monte.

Here is the Heinz I was talking about.  It uses Stevia which is not as bad as other artificial sweeteners.

IMG20230517230441.jpg

IMG20230517230509.jpg

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum Joe. 

Great info thank you for sharing your experiences with us here.

• Thanks 1