Too dangerous to answer phone on bus?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

You've become online friends with this Filipina for a couple years now. You don't plan on visiting her until next year.

Frankly John I would say she has a right to live her own life as she likes. Who are you to set rules and boundary's for her to follow? It would be different if you both spent time together and started a committed relationship. 

• Like 3

John the grizzly674
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Mike J said:

Been a couple years since I have ridden the bus but it was not unusual for multiple phone conversations to be going on.  I have never heard of a phone being snatched on a bus.  Jeepney, walking, yes but never a bus.

Yeah well she says it is super busy on a Saturday night and that is not like New Zealand in that regard.

It sounds legit but on the other hand I suspect she may be an expert liar.

It seems nobody here can agree on whether it is suspect or not either. 

John the grizzly674
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Old55 said:

You've become online friends with this Filipina for a couple years now. You don't plan on visiting her until next year.

Frankly John I would say she has a right to live her own life as she likes. Who are you to set rules and boundary's for her to follow? It would be different if you both spent time together and started a committed relationship. 

We do plan on starting a committed relationship. We both already consider it committed.

John the grizzly674
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Old55 said:

And four years to be exact. We are already very committed. She sets boundaries for me too.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, John the grizzly674 said:

It seems nobody here can agree on whether it is suspect or not either. 

Sorry to say but no one can know one way or the other because there are no facts only speculation. 

• Like 4
  • Love it 1

John the grizzly674
Posted
Posted

Anyway. My conclusion is I am likely overthinking everything. There are also many green flags and I will wait until I get slippers on the ground. 

I simply wanted to have some filters to run my thoughts through to make sure I am not being irrational here.

I am trying to find the sweet spot between trust and over vigilance. It's not always easy in an LDR. Every now and then doubts will come especially when you have family and friends whispering in your ears

John the grizzly674
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Old55 said:

Sorry to say but no one can know one way or the other because there are no facts only speculation. 

Correct. Those are my thoughts too. It is nice to run this by people with experience though to check that I am not overlooking anything

Lee
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, John the grizzly674 said:

This is why I need solid evidence to make a firm decision.

To get solid evidence then you need to come to the PI and meet her.

Even then you might still get it wrong. Perhaps she isn't really worth all of this effort nor aggravation and its simply time for you to move along.

There are plenty of nice women in NZ I would guess. Perhaps you are casting your nets a bit too wide.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, John the grizzly674 said:

Correct. Those are my thoughts too. It is nice to run this by people with experience though to check that I am not overlooking anything

I agree with Lee. If this is important to you John go meet her now. 

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

As someone who has been around the periphery of a few friends on long distance relationships purely from my own perspective I wouldn't encourage them.

Four years is a long time for any Filipino to remain loyal as most have a gene that kicks in telling them to get married, have kids and settle down. 

I've lost count of the amount of girls I've seen playing around behind their partners backs unfortunately. Again from my experience the only way you will keep a girl here is when living full time with them. If it's a few weeks here and there the odds are stacked against you and forget the good Catholic tag. I've yet to meet a Filipino Atheist but I've met my fair share of scammers. 

• Like 1