if it's not a minor then none of the whole law applies

Minors are  not always minors in law as some recent posts will show :tiphat:

John the grizzly674
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Minors are  not always minors in law as some recent posts will show :tiphat:

I am new to the forums.

So what is the general summary of the laws. I have seen so many mixed views on legal age of marriage as well as consent. It's confusing to see so much conficting views.

John the grizzly674
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, stevewool said:

You’re going around in circles and confusing yourself now, yes there are folk who will scam you out of everything and then there are folk who just wants to be loyal and loved by that special person , have you found her well only you can say that , get over there and see for yourself then you can put your mind at rest 

Yes. Exactly. I will be booking my tickets soon.

Lee
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

Any person who shall keep or have in his company a minor who is ten (10) years or more his junior

We are talking 2 things here----a minor OR a person 10 yrs or more junior to (typically the man).

2 hours ago, Lee said:

Any person who shall keep or have in his company a minor, twelve (12) years or under OR who in ten (10) years or more his junior..........

The law doesn't say that you can't date a 35 yr old for example.

It says that you must stay out of the establishments listed in the law quoted above unless chaperoned by your GFs family. 

John the grizzly674
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, Lee said:

We are talking 2 things here----a minor OR a person 10 yrs or more junior to (typically the man).

It says that you must stay out of the establishments listed in the law quoted above unless chaperoned by your GFs family. 

What is meant by chaperoned for example?

So in other words if I met her and travel with her around the Phillipines - staying together in hotels etc- without her parents then I am breaking the law?

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, Lee said:

No, it's a MINOR 12 years or below OR a MINOR 10 years your junior.

Again, it's only referring to MINORS. According to you the law says I can date/sleep with a woman but I can't go to the beach with them, makes a lot of sense eh.

Gator
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Lee said:

RA 7610 Section 10

The law basically says that if you are 10 yrs or older than your GF then she will have to be chaperoned by a family member.

Your two ages are close so it won't stand out so much---the foreigners that typically get caught on this is the 62 year old foreigner and his 35 year old GF for example. Notice the catchall  in the law---"in any place public or private".  Filipinos have gotten caught on this also.

You’re wrong. You’re not seeing (and in recent posts leaving  out) the comma between minor and twelve. That comma is very important!

b) Any person who shall keep or have in his company a minor, twelve (12) years or under or who is ten (10) years or more his junior…..

Let me ask you this- how are guys given marriage license’s and allowed to marry much younger women….even more then the 10 year age gap you seem to be hung up on? 

Ever been to walking street in Angeles City? Most of the sexpats going there are well over the 10 year age gap of the girls working in the bars. If what you are saying were true Angeles City and places like it here wouldn’t exist or the jails would be full of older men. The law only applies to minors. Period. Full stop. The 10 year age gap is designed to allow, for example, a 20 year old to date or be in the company of a 17 year old.  

• Like 2

Possum
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, stevewool said:

You’re going around in circles and confusing yourself now, yes there are folk who will scam you out of everything and then there are folk who just wants to be loyal and loved by that special person , have you found her well only you can say that , get over there and see for yourself then you can put your mind at rest 

True, nothings beats slippers on the ground.

• Haha 1

Hestecrefter
Posted
Posted
51 minutes ago, Gator said:

...If what you are saying were true Angeles City and places like it here wouldn’t exist or the jails would be full of older men. The law only applies to minors. Period. Full stop. The 10 year age gap is designed to allow, for example, a 20 year old to date or be in the company of a 17 year old.  

Absolutely right about how the law applies.  If a mere 10-year gap made the woman jailbait, a 75-year-old better not get caught with a 64-year-old.  Me, I'd have been thrown in the slam years ago.  If the law applied in that fashion, they could never build enough prisons.  And, if government issued a marriage licence to folks with a 10-year gap, then government would be aiding and abetting a breach of its own laws.

• Like 3

Hestecrefter
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, John the grizzly674 said:

I am new to the forums.

So what is the general summary of the laws. I have seen so many mixed views on legal age of marriage as well as consent. It's confusing to see so much conficting views.

It's not a difficult issue and I am not sure you have been faced with a plethora of "mixed views".  In any event, why care?  Your gf is 25.  By any standard, she is of legal age of consent and marriage.