Too dangerous to answer phone on bus?

John the grizzly674
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, Lee said:

If there is a 10 year or more disparity in your ages, you might want to look at RA 7610 Section 10, Para B.

A few foreigners have gotten tripped up on this in the past.

Can you clarify 

I am 36 she is 25. I look closer to 29 though. I take health seriously and my dad's side of the family are just like that genetically. 

What does this law entail exactly?

And thanks everyone for the replies. It is interesting 

John the grizzly674
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Absolutely.  As Snowy mentioned, many Filipinas have a biological clock that is ticking all the time they are not married.  Sometimes the only way to stop the clock is to marry her.  Other times marriage is the beginning of a whole new pack of problems.  Women!  Who can figure them out?

She is definitely on board with marriage is everything works out in person and it will be required to marry according to my tradition to navigate the visa process if I planned to bring her here. This is not marriage according to New Zealand law so it does not give her any power if things later go awry. Its a totally different process but is recognized by government departments. 

John the grizzly674
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Lee said:

How would the OP know if his partner isn't married already and perhaps has kids. 

Might consider having her provide a CENOMAR (cert of no marriage) before arriving in this country. A CENOMAR isn't foolproof but its a start.

I did a deep dive on her Facebook account and checked all her friends and the photos she has been tagged in.

I could not find any evidence there. 

I have contacted a PI in Manilla and if someone else have recommendations then I can contact them too. I am ultra-cautiois of PIs too as some are very unprofessional.

I would imagine that a marriage would he easy to dig up info on if someone is on the ground.

I would never recommend anyone to meet a Phillipina online. Anyone who is reading this. Take my advice. Meet someone in person.

I may sound hypocritical here but the spell these girls can put a man under is strong. You won't know until you are bewitched 

• Like 2

Freebie
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, John the grizzly674 said:

I did a deep dive on her Facebook account and checked all her friends and the photos she has been tagged in.

I could not find any evidence there. 

I have contacted a PI in Manilla and if someone else have recommendations then I can contact them too. I am ultra-cautiois of PIs too as some are very unprofessional.

I see no hope for this relationship. When one party is permanently worried and possibly paranoid about the other... Theres trust or theres no trust, and all this from one unanswered call on a bus.

Hiring a PI will achieve what ??....

Was married to a Filipina for 20 plus years and have been living in Philippines for many many years. They only "bewitch" you if or when you let them. Most of them are totally normal ladies with normal wants dreams and aspirations. They can also be very weird kooky and downright strange at times. lol.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

John the grizzly674
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Lee said:

How would the OP know if his partner isn't married already and perhaps has kids. 

Might consider having her provide a CENOMAR (cert of no marriage) before arriving in this country. A CENOMAR isn't foolproof but its a start.

The problem with this is it shows a lot of suspicion on my part. I would have to be very tactful and claim that a government department needs this certificate as part or the visa process 

In fact perhaps that could be my tactic for gathering info. This way I transfer the suspicion to an imaginary entity instead of it directly coming from me. I will just blabber on about how over the top they are etc haha

John the grizzly674
Posted
Posted
Just now, John the grizzly674 said:

The problem with this is it shows a lot of suspicion on my part. I would have to be very tactful and claim that a government department needs this certificate as part or the visa process 

In fact perhaps that could be my tactic for gathering info. This way I transfer the suspicion to an imaginary entity instead of it directly coming from me. I will just blabber on about how over the top they are etc haha

In fact Lee. Let me know a number or documents that would be useful for verification purposes. I will forget a letter and make it look like this documentation is required .

I specialize in linguistics so doing this is a breeze. It might even be quite fun.

John the grizzly674
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Freebie said:

I see no hope for this relationship. When one party is permanently worried and possibly paranoid about the other... Theres trust or theres no trust, and all this from one unanswered call on a bus.

Was married to a Filipina for 20 plus years and have been living in Philippines for many many years. They only "bewitch" you if or when you let them. Most of them are totally normal ladies with normal wants dreams and aspirations. They can also be very weird kooky and downright strange at times. lol.

Nah. I don't agree.

I have feelings for her. I am just not an idiot to only think with one head and not the one on my shoulders too. I am merely doing my due diligence. 

• Like 1

John the grizzly674
Posted
Posted

As for the law then that does not seem relevant. She is definitely in her 20s. I have verification of her graduation and all her work details etc. I have seen her passport before as well.

John the grizzly674
Posted
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Freebie said:

I agree that many of them are fantastic.

A PI would help me confirm what I can't confirm abroad. It would remove all suspicion.

I am not a suspicious person in general. I would not even call this paranoia but rather vigilance. There is just too much dishonesty that takes place for me to only pay attention to sweet words. She may be 100 percent legit. I am not naive enough to be certain. I am not going to let it impact our relationship though.

We talk daily and barely ever argue. There is no internal problems. My trust level will not increase from 85 to 99 though without having slippers on the ground. 

I could not cut off the relationship as I am very attached to her. I am not usually like this with woman but she has really won me over.

Edited by John the grizzly674

John the grizzly674
Posted
Posted

As for the PSA Cenomar then I have brought it up already in regard to the visa process so if she is willing to provide it then there should be nothing to suspect in that regard.