Too dangerous to answer phone on bus?

John the grizzly674
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Old55 said:

I agree with Lee. If this is important to you John go meet her now. 

I am planning to travel asap. I just can't for a few months due to work.

If things work in person I am planning for us to live together. We have discussed this. I have made it clear that unless we live together then the relationship can not continue as it becomes counterproductive for obvious reasons. So we have laid out clear plans.

• Like 2

John the grizzly674
Posted
Posted

Not to be crude but if things are off I almost feel like I should just go there do my business and get it out of my system then go find a real wife that does have traditional values.

John the grizzly674
Posted
Posted

And if she is legit then cool I have found a gem. I just have to not be overly optimistic. Until I arrive I just don't know. With this mentality I win regardless. She is not getting money from me I have other friends in SE Asia. So the trip can be used for other purposes too. This way nothing is such a hard pill to swallow.

For I just focus on my life and wait it out. It's a,holiday and I should enjoy it regardless. 

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, John the grizzly674 said:

Not to be crude but if things are off I almost feel like I should just go there do my business and get it out of my system then go find a real wife that does have traditional values.

Absolutely.  As Snowy mentioned, many Filipinas have a biological clock that is ticking all the time they are not married.  Sometimes the only way to stop the clock is to marry her.  Other times marriage is the beginning of a whole new pack of problems.  Women!  Who can figure them out?

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

and forget the good Catholic tag. I've yet to meet a Filipino Atheist but I've met my fair share of scammers. 

…….of scammers who go to church every Sunday! 

longway
Posted
Posted

Come to the Philippines, you might find one you like even better. Lots of them to meet here. You might also want to hire a private detective to do a report on her. I bet someone here knows of one. Men do it on women and Visa Versa for those with doubts like yourself.

Lee
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Filipinas have a biological clock that is ticking all the time they are not married.

How would the OP know if his partner isn't married already and perhaps has kids. 

Might consider having her provide a CENOMAR (cert of no marriage) before arriving in this country. A CENOMAR isn't foolproof but its a start.

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Lee
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, John the grizzly674 said:

If things work in person I am planning for us to live together.

If there is a 10 year or more disparity in your ages, you might want to look at RA 7610 Section 10, Para B.

A few foreigners have gotten tripped up on this in the past.

• Like 1

John the grizzly674
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, longway said:

Come to the Philippines, you might find one you like even better. Lots of them to meet here. You might also want to hire a private detective to do a report on her. I bet someone here knows of one. Men do it on women and Visa Versa for those with doubts like yourself.

I have considered that. I contacted a reliable PI here actually who will so some further checks 

And yes there may be better options. No doubt. 

John the grizzly674
Posted
Posted

I meant to say that the PI passed me onto another PI in Manilla. If anyone knows anyone then let me know too. A lot can be dug up quite easily simply by being on the ground. It's not required to do a Sherlock Holmes or anything. The average Joe could do it.