Too dangerous to answer phone on bus?

Lee
Posted
Posted
40 minutes ago, John the grizzly674 said:

What does this law entail exactly?

RA 7610 Section 10

(b) Any person who shall keep or have in his company a minor, twelve (12) years or under or who in ten (10) years or more his junior in any public or private place, hotel, motel, beer joint, discotheque, cabaret, pension house, sauna or massage parlor, beach and/or other tourist resort or similar places shall suffer the penalty of prision mayor in its maximum period and a fine of not less than Fifty thousand pesos (P50,000): Provided, That this provision shall not apply to any person who is related within the fourth degree of consanguinity or affinity or any bond recognized by law, local custom and tradition or acts in the performance of a social, moral or legal duty.

The law basically says that if you are 10 yrs or older than your GF then she will have to be chaperoned by a family member.

Your two ages are close so it won't stand out so much---the foreigners that typically get caught on this is the 62 year old foreigner and his 35 year old GF for example. Notice the catchall  in the law---"in any place public or private".  Filipinos have gotten caught on this also.

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, Lee said:

RA 7610 Section 10

The law basically says that if you are 10 yrs or older than your GF then she will have to be chaperoned by a family member.

Your two ages are close so it won't stand out so much---the foreigners that typically get caught on this is the 62 year old foreigner and his 35 year old GF for example. Notice the catchall  in the law---"in any place public or private".  Filipinos have gotten caught on this also.

That only applies to minors, nobodies going to jail for dating a 35 year old lol.

• Like 3

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, John the grizzly674 said:

Obviously I realize there are "snatchers" on buses in Metro Manilla that can take phones. I called partner on her way home from a girl's night out and she said she can't answer because she is on bus and there are "snatchers". I just find it odd that she can't answer a call but texting is perfectly fine. Am I missing something here? 🤔 

Sounds like you might be the one with trust issues to me. I think I remember my wife saying exactly the same to me ages ago, you can hide your phone infront of you when sending a text, bit different to a phone call and having the phone to your ear.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

That only applies to minors, nobodies going to jail for dating a 35 year old lol.

Quite true but there are more additions to marriage for certain age groups********

What is the legal age to marry in Philippines?

18 years old

The minimum age for marriage in the Philippines is 18 years old, with no exceptions. There are additional age requirements above the age of 18. Filipino citizens ages 18-21 years old can only marry provided they obtain an Affidavit of Parental Consent. For ages 22-25 years, an Affidavit of Parental Advice is required.Jul 26, 2023 :tiphat:

• Like 1

John the grizzly674
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

Quite true but there are more additions to marriage for certain age groups********

18 years old

The minimum age for marriage in the Philippines is 18 years old, with no exceptions. There are additional age requirements above the age of 18. Filipino citizens ages 18-21 years old can only marry provided they obtain an Affidavit of Parental Consent. For ages 22-25 years, an Affidavit of Parental Advice is required.Jul 26, 2023 :tiphat:

That is fine. She is 25 going on 26 and her mum can sign it off. 

John the grizzly674
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

Sounds like you might be the one with trust issues to me. I think I remember my wife saying exactly the same to me ages ago, you can hide your phone infront of you when sending a text, bit different to a phone call and having the phone to your ear.

I acknowledge that I may be overthinkng and will stop digging from here on out.

I have applied enough vigilance at this point. I am not planning to destroy the relationship by being overly suspicious. 

I had a lot of friends whispering in my ear recently and a friend who had a bad experience with a pinoy woman. That is bound to send my radar system into overdrive. I have gone through my thoughts enough now and reached an equilibrium.

• I'm Confused 1

Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

Now go back and read the rest of the sentence          

2 hours ago, Lee said:

Any person who shall keep or have in his company a minor, twelve (12) years or under or who in ten (10) years or more his junior in any public or private place, hotel, motel, discotheque, cabaret, pension house, sauna or massage parlor, beach and/or other tourist resort or similar places shall suffer the penalty of prision mayor in its maximum period and a fine of not less than Fifty thousand pesos (P50,000)

Edited by Lee

Lee
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

18 years old

Parents of contracting parties aged 18-21 must sign a notarized affidavit of parental consent.

https://nomadicfire.com/getting-married-in-the-philippines#:~:text=The minimum age for marriage,of Parental Advice is required.

stevewool
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, John the grizzly674 said:

I got into a long distance relationship with this woman during lockdown. I never planned on an online relationship.

I recently came out of an 11 year marriage. I am Muslim and she is Catholic. He sister converted to Islaam.

I have never had problem getting woman and have many options as friends have contacted me about potentoal spouses. We are compatiblw in looks, career and education. I have just became very attached to this particular woman.

The first year I did not trust her at all and mentioned that I was aware of scammers.

She claims to be have had no sexual relationships due to her Catholic background. She came across very ahy at fist but things did eventually escalate to intimidate sessions together via video chat which have continued up until now. We video chat each evening.

I plan to visit early next year. Recently u have been reading a lot more about female psychology and scammers who play the long game. I have now became increasingly paranoid or should I say vigilant.

Last week I examined her FB account more critically and found some of her photos to be a tad sexual and it looked like she may be seeking male validation. To me this is inappropriate in a monogamous relationship.

She since agreed to remove the photos but it has just changed my thoughts on whether she is truly this religious girl as she claims. 

Asking for money is a red flag. I sent money to her one year in via Weston Union. I sent small amounts once a month. She works 5 days a week and I have her physical work address. Despite working she claims to be short sometimes and her father did need medical help and he since died. This is all 100 percent confirmed with certainty.

Despite this I refused to send her the small amounts one year ago. This was 1) because I agree with idea,that it should not be done until meeting in person and 2) to test her and see her reaction. She has not asked for around a year but I often suspect if she is playing the long game.

Her account was blocked on Weston Union. I looked it up and found lots of info about account being blocked for no good reason as WU can be overly cautious. I then sent to her brother who collected. As I said I have not sent funds for over a year.

We have been on contaxt 4 years. She calls me every night and contexts me daily without fail. 

I just have my doubts after reading so,many horror stories.

As for the gut instinct stuff then yeah I kind of agree. But I have had many times in life where my gut instinct was wrong and I was just being paranoid.

If I travel in January then I have back up arrangements as I have friends in Indonesia. That way the trip is not wasted

But I am considering investigating further to save myself time.

I am sure there are many members here in Manilla.

There are likely many types as I am on phone.

Feel free to move this post to another section and I will copy and paste it perhaps.

I fully acknowledge that I may be being played here and this is why I have reached out. However it's not that easy to just end it based on suspicion. I need solid evidence to make a firm decision

So yeah the incident last night was part of a bigger suspicion

It led to a small argument. When she got home she said she wanted to discuss it in morning.

I suspect that she may have not been home but still out and that she used this as a way to get me off the trail.

It's just the way she said earlier in the week I have a "girls night out" that struck alarm bells. She didn't say I am going to my friends for dinner which she later said was the purpose of the event. The wording just seems like something Atypical to me.

Anyway that is this fiasco in brief. 

You’re going around in circles and confusing yourself now, yes there are folk who will scam you out of everything and then there are folk who just wants to be loyal and loved by that special person , have you found her well only you can say that , get over there and see for yourself then you can put your mind at rest 

• Thanks 1

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Lee said:

Now go back and read the rest of the sentence          

'Any person who shall keep or have in his company a minor who is ten (10) years or more his junior in any public or private place, hotel, motel.'

It says a MINOR. Literally the whole law is about children, if it's not a minor then none of the whole law applies

• Like 2