Giving Away My Premium Ebook To Members

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I  had been told by a few of the larger gun shops in Manila, and one in  Cagayan de Oro, that they could get me a gun permit to carry a firearm
Nudge nudge wink wink. Thanks Lee you made my point. Getting a permit & getting one LEGALLY is different. Making statements like "someone told me" without any solid evidence (link to the legal reference or reputable source) is IMHO a dangerous thing to do.So, if what you & Rusty are saying is true, show us the evidence
Uzi, I think you have been in the Philippines long enough to know that not everything that goes on is written clearly enough that it cannot be bent if someone wishes to. It really does not matter what any of us says, or even what Rusty's ebook says because anyone who takes the word of anything they read or hear is a fool IMHO, but what does matter is that no one should say as you said "No it is Not" without evidence in writing of it being so. I think we all know how things go in the Philippines and I have no reason to believe that those high ranking police officers and those few guns shops would have a reason to lie to me, but unless one of us tries it, then we will never know who is fooling who. Maybe you know of something in writing that says it cannot be done, but you have chosen not to post it, but IMO anything can be done in the Philippines with enough money and I seem to remember reading that the gun Jason Ivler  used to kill with was registered to his stepfather who I believe is a foreigner. Mon, this is the Philippines we are talking about where rules were made to be adjusted to fit the need.Let me add, show me where it says citizen http://www.pctc.gov....aws/basicFA.htm Please read the last linesGeneral Policies on Firearms:Under our present laws, the possession of firearms by foreigners shall be in accordance with pertinent rules and regulations promulgated by competent authority.

UZI
Posted
Posted
show me where it says citizen
OK....
FIREARMS LICENSING REQUIREMENTSRequirements to Possess New/Transfer Firearm (Individual)An individual must be a Filipino citizen, at least 21 years of age, of good moral character andqualified to posses/own a firearm. Application form must be properly accomplished, signed bythe applicant and duly notarizedProof of citizenship for foreign sounding name (Birth Certificate, proof ofnaturalization issued by the local registrar, Passport, Voters ID)FIREARMS LICENSING REQUIREMENTS PDF
Your reference to Jason Ivler is in connection with being a Diplomat (arguable in his case) and has to be proven.This topic is beaten to death on just about every forum & not once has there been evidence to say someone got a permit & it was legal.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
OK....
FIREARMS LICENSING REQUIREMENTSRequirements to Possess New/Transfer Firearm (Individual)An individual must be a Filipino citizen, at least 21 years of age, of good moral character andqualified to posses/own a firearm. Application form must be properly accomplished, signed bythe applicant and duly notarizedProof of citizenship for foreign sounding name (Birth Certificate, proof ofnaturalization issued by the local registrar, Passport, Voters ID)FIREARMS LICENSING REQUIREMENTS PDF
Your reference to Jason Ivler is in connection with being a Diplomat (arguable in his case) and has to be proven.This topic is beaten to death on just about every forum & not once has there been evidence to say someone got a permit & it was legal.
OK now please explain http://www.pctc.gov....aws/basicFA.htm General Policies on Firearms: Under our present laws, the possession of firearms by foreigners shall be in accordance with pertinent rules and regulations promulgated by competent authority. Which to me says exactly what I am saying. Rules are meant to be bent in the Philippines. So which came first, the chicken or the egg.

UZI
Posted
Posted
OK....
OK now please explain http://www.pctc.gov....aws/basicFA.htm General Policies on Firearms: Under our present laws, the possession of firearms by foreigners shall be in accordance with pertinent rules and regulations promulgated by competent authority. Which to me says exactly what I am saying. Rules are meant to be bent in the Philippines. So which came first, the chicken or the egg.
Come on Lee, read your own quote ( http://www.pctc.gov....aws/basicFA.htm):
SUBJECT: Possession of Firearms by Diplomats in the Philippines
It isn't down to me to find evidence to support your POV.. I have supplied mine. Nothing more for me to add.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
OK....
OK now please explain http://www.pctc.gov....aws/basicFA.htm General Policies on Firearms:  Under our present laws, the possession of firearms by foreigners shall be in accordance with pertinent rules and regulations promulgated by competent authority. Which to me says exactly what I am saying. Rules are meant to be bent in the Philippines. So which came first, the chicken or the egg.
Come on Lee, read your own quote ( http://www.pctc.gov....aws/basicFA.htm):
SUBJECT:  Possession of Firearms by Diplomats in the Philippines
It isn't down to me to find evidence to support your POV.. I have supplied mine. Nothing more for me to add.
Uzi read the law ”Permit To Carry Firearm Outside of Residence” - is written authority issued to any person by the Chief of Constabulary which entitles such person o carry his licensed or lawfully issued firearms outside of residence for the duration and purpose specified therein. So yes the section I quoted from  is under diplomat section but it does not say diplomats it says foreigners, so how do you explain the above section. Uzi you supported yours with an application and I supported mine with a section of law to show how the laws bend depending on who is going to enforce them, so I guess you feel an application trumps a law  :woohoo: and my point is that all laws in the Philippines seem to be at the discretion of those who apply them and I know what I have been told face to face by people who enforce them and no where in the law does it say citizen. 

No name
Posted
Posted

Looking into Philippine law is a maze but it is in most place. I don't fully understand the process, it dates back to the Marco days I'm sure but the president can basically make a law by writing a memo. Its called something else and I don't know all the requirements or the process. That makes it very hard to find all the law on any issue.This is what I know.There are websites all over the place that say foreigners cannot be in possession of a firearm. At one point that carried a life sentence.I know there are hunting reserves in Mindanao that many foreigners go to. I was shocked to find this to be true as I too once thought a foreigner cannot own a gun.About 18 months ago, there was an article in one of the local papers that spelled out how a foreigner can legally obtain a firearm here. I was really excited since I was a legal concealed weapon holder back in Tn. I didn't like giving up my gun.After reading the VERY confusing requirements and the very high cost and talking to my friend Mindanao Bob about the issue, I decided to let it go. So if the article in the paper was wrong then I am too. I highly doubt it.

No name
Posted
Posted

UZI you have argued with me several times and EVERY TIME you have been proven wrong.You feel compelled to try to show how smart you are as you're trying to prove your an authority so people will visit your freaking web site.

No name
Posted
Posted (edited)

Many are finding the book pretty good.. None of them have posted here. Here are their testimonials:Kevin said: "I just finished reading Rusty Fergusons' BASIC EXPAT TRAINING. It is a "must read" for anyone contemplating, or making the move, from your home country to here in the Philippines.It covers not only the logistical information such as visa's, immigration and finance; but also the invaluable insights into the filipino people and their culture. Vital information that can only truly be gleaned from those who have "been there - done that".Buy the book even if you are only having passing thoughts of relocating or wondering "what if". It will be the best $19.95 that you can spend in helping to decide to if a life in paradise is for you."Jerry Said: "Just finished reading the book and commend Rusty on a well written book. It covers so many different ideas of living in the philippines. I appreciate all the information given by someone who has boots on the ground in the philippines.Especially all about the culture of the people there and what not to do was very informative for me. I learned from Rusty what to expect once there and what not to expect as well. This book has given me an insight that will come in very handy in my future adventures in the land of paradise. Thanks Rusty."Mr Lee said: "It is a good worthwhile read"John wrote: "It's good; it's really informative, and Rusty if keeps the information up to date, the book will be very helpful to a wide variety of people who come to the Philippines to live or even vacation for awhile. I read a lot of Philippine blogs and even learned"Lance said: "Rusty Ferguson's Basic Expat Training Manual is a great guide for anyone thinking of moving to the Philippines, it will easily save new expats hundreds of dollars. I have visited the Philippines before and also learned some new things from reading it. It covers preparations to make before your trip (visas, vaccinations, shipping stuff there), culture and the best ways of interacting with Filipinos and Filipinas, scams to watch out for, marriage and divorce, the lower cost of living, and ways of transferring money to the Philippines. Rusty's ebook even has a 60 Day Money Back Guarantee if you are not completely satisfied."

Edited by Cebu Experience

UZI
Posted
Posted

LeeI think the Foreigners ARE Diplomats. It is one section not 2.Rusty,Seems your POV is that any counter position to yours is an argument. Also I don't mention or promote MY website.New readers can read the thread & take from it what they will.Uzi.

Jake
Posted
Posted
UZI you have argued with me several times and EVERY TIME you have been proven wrong.You feel compelled to try to show how smart you are as you're trying to prove your an authority so people will visit your freaking web site.
Boy, I could see this coming a mile away. I am strongly in favor of Lee's argument that a foreigner can obtain legal possession of weapons. As Lee pointed out, it depends on interpretation of written laws, which could be enhanced in your favor provided the hand was greased or not. THAT IS THE REALITY IN THE PHILIPPINES, REGARDLESS OF EXISTING REGULATIONS. If the weapon was discharged to defend oneself, I believe the gun owners' documents would be in proper order. However, if you move to another province or island, then the legality may be different. But in this case, several gun shops and senior PNP officers in Cebu say it's OK, so why continue the argument Uzi?? More importantly, this thread was started as a noble cause and Rusty went through all the protocols for Boss Man's approval. Although I have not ordered his E-book yet, but when I do, I hope I would get an autographed copy. No.....well OK -- then let's just have a major blow out Rusty, with endless pitchers of Mojo and some brown sugar on the side!Thirsty -- Jake