2011 Forum Get Together

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Time to Bump this up again because the March 18 get together in Cebu City, at The Ranch restaurant and starting at 4 PM, and going to whenever the last person leaves, is coming up this coming Friday. Below is an update of who is coming so far. The get together is for adults, singles, couples, married or just gf's and there is usually a lot of talking, music, TV and just getting to know each other. Smoking will be at outside tables only, inside is no smoking.So far it is Tom (Boss Man) and his wife AnnOf course my ugly self and my beautiful wife and hopefully our adult teacher daughters, Charity and May and probably a couple of their teacher friends they may wish to bring.Frank and his lady, Paul Ancienrock and his wife ElsaPossibly Rusty and ???? unsure.gifCheChe but maybe no Brock, but she will bring a friendOld and cranky and we sure know he is not ugly. :yes:possibly MikejwoodnzProbably Pedra because my wife and I will bring her if she wishes to comeAdventureguy Dave Houndriver plus oneHopefully Talisay but I have not seen him on for a while?Loardblacknail and MarieBritster and ShaSha and his son Paul will stop by for a quick drink before his flight outRoy2Cebu plus oneRudderlessLars (Panserhansen)? I got an email and he may not be able to come.Terrance and his wife ShemieHazelPaul P plus oneAnyone else I missed that would like to join us, and anyone who is a possible that would like to confirm or cancel???The Ranch is on the same road as the Country Mall (Banilad Road is what they told me it was called but it has another name on the map and is called ArchBishop Reyes down near us) and you pass Badgers, and pass the road to the Sandtrap by going over the flyover, then as you come down off the flyover bridge (which goes over AS Fortuna) you will see a walk overpass (skywalk), pull over right after the walkover and the Ranch will be right there on your right side. On the map below, it will be approx where the mouse arrow points and that is just past the walk over bridge that you will see as soon as you come over the fly over (Walk over shown in the other photo).My cell phone number if anyone gets lost is 0929 4212 410Below is the walk over I mentioned above that you have to pull over right after.Attached thumbnail(s)
  • post-40-0-78372500-1298067844_thumb.jpg
  • post-40-0-61120700-1298067852_thumb.jpg

I spoke to James the owner of the Ranch, and James said he was going to have a happy hours type deal for us for p35 and p40 for San Mig, and he will start it at 4 PM and run it until 6 PM, so for those of you who like to have some cold ones and at a discount price, then maybe come early and avail yourselves of the happy hours. I guess my wife and I will then get there by 4 in case, so if any of you wishes to show up early and cool your throats, we will be there say hi. Also Jame said that he will supply some nuts and chips to go along with the happy hours, so come on down and lets have some fun March 18th, and I guess starting at 4 instead of 5 if you wish to start off with some ice cold San Migs.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Just to remind all that the start time for the get together has been changed to 4pm,this will allow a bit more time for happy hour and to beat the trafficIf all goes to plan we will have karaoke so bring your singing voice,Mr Lee will start that off with his version of "My Way" laugh.gif,also we will run a free raffle for those who attend.A few more members not on the list have said they should also be able to attend so a good crowd is expected.All members and their partners are welcome so come along and say hello. 551.gif

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I'm curious if anyone is bringing children. I know that james, the owner, usually has a couple kids running around and I might bring a couple of visiting kids if that is acceptable.

Panserhansen
Posted
Posted
Just to remind all that the start time for the get together has been changed to 4pm,this will allow a bit more time for happy hour and to beat the trafficIf all goes to plan we will have karaoke so bring your singing voice,Mr Lee will start that off with his version of "My Way" laugh.gif,also we will run a free raffle for those who attend.
Party starting at 4PM, you guys are really getting tiguwang..!Looking forward to see you all. PS - could someone tell James to stock up some Tanduay Ice? I don't drink beer due to my celiac condition.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I'm curious if anyone is bringing children. I know that james, the owner, usually has a couple kids running around and I might bring a couple of visiting kids if that is acceptable.
These get togethers have always been for just adults. That was what Tom's wanted when we originally set them up, because many members have children or family, and as you know, the place is not large enough if we were to have a few children running around along with say 30 to 40, or possibly even more adults. Of course who knows who will actually show up or not, but it seems like we have at least that many confirmed. I spoke to Bob Ward last Friday and he said he may stop by early and stay for a couple of hours and Stroker said he will be coming and then I spoke to (Mr Tropic) Mike and he said he will probably come and bring along another couple, so there are others who said they will come besides those listed, but I am not counting them unless they post that they are coming, yet I hope they do show up. Hopefully Tom will read this and make his own comments, but for now it would be appreciated if we kept it to just adults unless Tom says otherwise. th_thanx.gif

paul
Posted
Posted
You know, others may have an issue with it. But, I personally like kids. If we put them on the pit, oh, for 1.5 to 2.0 hours, depending on how big they are, rotating and basting regularly, they should turn out quite well.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
You know, others may have an issue with it. But, I personally like kids. If we put them on the pit, oh, for 1.5 to 2.0 hours, depending on how big they are, rotating and basting regularly, they should turn out quite well.
Well the kids I have in mind are kind of tough and stringy but the other Dave from the other side of Cebu has a young plump suckling one. devil.gif

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
Time to Bump this up again because the March 18 get together in Cebu City, at The Ranch restaurant and starting at 4 PM, and going to whenever the last person leaves, is coming up this coming Friday. Below is an update of who is coming so far. The get together is for adults, singles, couples, married or just gf's and there is usually a lot of talking, music, TV and just getting to know each other. Smoking will be at outside tables only, inside is no smoking.So far it is Tom (Boss Man) and his wife AnnOf course my ugly self and my beautiful wife and our adult teacher daughters, Charity and May, and three of their single lady friends too.Frank and his lady, Paul Ancienrock and his wife ElsaPossibly Rusty and ???? unsure.gifCheChe but maybe no Brock, but she will bring a friendOld and cranky and we sure know he is not ugly. :yes:possibly MikejwoodnzPedra told us today that she will be thereAdventureguy Dave Houndriver plus oneHopefully Talisay but I have not seen him on for a while?Loardblacknail and MarieBritster and ShaSha and his son Paul will stop by for a quick drink before his flight out and then hopefully Britster and ShaSha will come back for some more chat.Roy2Cebu plus oneRudderlessLars (Panserhansen) and a friend.Terrance and his wife ShemieHazelPaul P plus oneAnyone else I missed that would like to join us, and anyone who is a possible that would like to confirm or cancel???The Ranch is on the same road as the Country Mall (Banilad Road is what they told me it was called but it has another name on the map and is called ArchBishop Reyes down near us) and you pass Badgers, and pass the road to the Sandtrap by going over the flyover, then as you come down off the flyover bridge (which goes over AS Fortuna) you will see a walk overpass (skywalk), pull over right after the walkover and the Ranch will be right there on your right side. On the map below, it will be approx where the mouse arrow points and that is just past the walk over bridge that you will see as soon as you come over the fly over (Walk over shown in the other photo).My cell phone number if anyone gets lost is 0929 4212 410Below is the walk over I mentioned above that you have to pull over right after.Attached thumbnail(s)

I spoke to James the owner of the Ranch, and James said he was going to have a happy hours type deal for us for p35 and p40 for San Mig, and he will start it at 4 PM and run it until 6 PM, so for those of you who like to have some cold ones and at a discount price, then maybe come early and avail yourselves of the happy hours. I guess my wife and I will then get there by 4 in case, so if any of you wishes to show up early and cool your throats, we will be there say hi. Also Jame said that he will supply some nuts and chips to go along with the happy hours, so come on down and lets have some fun March 18th, and I guess starting at 4 instead of 5 if you wish to start off with some ice cold San Migs.
Updated members who are coming list above. I just got a text from Charity and May, and they bringing along three of their single lady friends. Also I spoke to Pedra today and she will be coming as well. It looks like we are going to have a large get together. :welcome: Edited by Mr. Lee
add Lars back in

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
These get togethers have always been for just adults. That was what Tom's wanted when we originally set them up, because many members have children or family, and as you know, the place is not large enough if we were to have a few children running around along with say 30 to 40, or possibly even more adults. Of course who knows who will actually show up or not, but it seems like we have at least that many confirmed. I spoke to Bob Ward last Friday and he said he may stop by early and stay for a couple of hours and Stroker said he will be coming and then I spoke to (Mr Tropic) Mike and he said he will probably come and bring along another couple, so there are others who said they will come besides those listed, but I am not counting them unless they post that they are coming, yet I hope they do show up. Hopefully Tom will read this and make his own comments, but for now it would be appreciated if we kept it to just adults unless Tom says otherwise. th_thanx.gif
Well last year I was a bit more on the ball and posted better details about the get together,children were not invited last year and I think its best not to have them this time.Its not that I dont like kids but lets think about it,in a crowded place or even if its not crowded I would hate that some big ox like myself to trip over someone. The recent sad killing of a little girl reported as done by a foreigner rings alarm bells that it would not be in our best interest to have children at a party,I dont mean that anyone at our get together would harm a child but I would not like to see a group of foreigners with children not even related to us together. So sorry if this upsets anyone but no children are invited to this get together.

Sampaguita
Posted
Posted
Time to Bump this up again because the March 18 get together in Cebu City, at The Ranch restaurant and starting at 4 PM, and going to whenever the last person leaves, is coming up this coming Friday. Below is an update of who is coming so far. The get together is for adults, singles, couples, married or just gf's and there is usually a lot of talking, music, TV and just getting to know each other. Smoking will be at outside tables only, inside is no smoking.So far it is Tom (Boss Man) and his wife AnnOf course my ugly self and my beautiful wife and our adult teacher daughters, Charity and May, and three of their single lady friends too.Frank and his lady, Paul Ancienrock and his wife ElsaPossibly Rusty and ???? unsure.gifCheChe but maybe no Brock, but she will bring a friendOld and cranky and we sure know he is not ugly. :yes:possibly MikejwoodnzPedra told us today that she will be thereAdventureguy Dave Houndriver plus oneHopefully Talisay but I have not seen him on for a while?Loardblacknail and MarieBritster and ShaSha and his son Paul will stop by for a quick drink before his flight out and then hopefully Britster and ShaSha will come back for some more chat.Roy2Cebu plus oneRudderlessLars (Panserhansen) and a friend.Terrance and his wife ShemieHazelPaul P plus oneAnyone else I missed that would like to join us, and anyone who is a possible that would like to confirm or cancel???The Ranch is on the same road as the Country Mall (Banilad Road is what they told me it was called but it has another name on the map and is called ArchBishop Reyes down near us) and you pass Badgers, and pass the road to the Sandtrap by going over the flyover, then as you come down off the flyover bridge (which goes over AS Fortuna) you will see a walk overpass (skywalk), pull over right after the walkover and the Ranch will be right there on your right side. On the map below, it will be approx where the mouse arrow points and that is just past the walk over bridge that you will see as soon as you come over the fly over (Walk over shown in the other photo).My cell phone number if anyone gets lost is 0929 4212 410Below is the walk over I mentioned above that you have to pull over right after.Attached thumbnail(s)

Updated members who are coming list above. I just got a text from Charity and May, and they bringing along three of their single lady friends. Also I spoke to Pedra today and she will be coming as well. It looks like we are going to have a large get together. :yes:
This get together is shaping up nicely. I am hoping quite a few ladies will show up so we can end up at our own table like we did last year and chat away. I will be there with my husband.