Rice Rice Rice How......

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Rice..... once a day twice a day or every meal? :kidding:Any forum members not like rice? Better yet any one have a wife or GF who will not eat it? :cheersty:

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Oh but I do love my rice! Unfortunately I only like the scented white rice like Jasmine or Basmati... As for how often? Anywhere from twice a day to one a week or so... Don't want to get sick of it from eating too much!Dang you! I'm out of rice and now I want some!!! Grrrrr!!! (Wow! This trying to keep my language GP on here is making me sound sooo lame!!! Time to bring back the Frik and Frakk and Freekin Frackin Firetruck!!! :cheersty: )

• Like 1

volstateguy
Posted
Posted

My girlfriend of could have it every meal. Her rice cooker broke a couple months ago and it was like a red alert...she went straight out and bought a new one that day....no joke! Me...I have it when she cooks a Filipino meal, or another asain meal. Not that I don't like rice, I just dont think it goes with every meal. Of course once I move to the Philippines Im sure I will eat more.

bamboocharlie
Posted
Posted

buy organic rice . rice has layers/skins around the kernal and to make it easy to commercialize it gets milled against steel. if you can find an organic , and semi polished/(milled) that will likely have been milled against rubber /plastic and some skins are left on. Those layers of skin are where alot of good nutrients are. It costs alittle more to buy the healther rice. And it usually is packaged better , as insects like nutrients too.Generally Filipinos will not spend the extra money for the best rice. - Can be up to 20 peso (.45usd) more per kilo. If you can find the best rice , you have food one of the worlds super foods.if u get bored with it.... try good dressing.sauces.1. kalamonsi 2. braggs amino acids-like soy sauce (american company,sold at sm) 2.braggs apple cider vinegaru can mix these 3 things to your liking depending on what u are eating your rice with or depending on what your body whats.

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

I don,t really like rice , some times fried rice is good or puso but I eat it 2 times a week tops the wife once a day or she says she will die LOL

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Generally Filipinos will not spend the extra money for the best rice.
I'm not sure what the best rice is. I know that NFA rice is 20+ pesos and Ganador is 40+ pesos and I know I cannot taste the difference. The only thing I worry about is when I get rice that isn't cleaned well and I crunch down on a tiny pebble. It can ruin thousands of pesos worth of dental work trying to save a peso on the rice.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Guess I once again am going to be "odd man out" :hystery: ...... I don't eat rice only because of the carbs ..... my in-laws can't believe I eat all kinds of ulam but with no rice ...... my asawa eats all kinds of rice with very little ulam ..... so it is a match made in heaven ...... remember the old nursery rhyme ... "Jack Spratt could eat no fat and his wife could eat no lean" ....... but I eat no bread ... potatoes ..... pasta ..... sugars etc. ..... don't loose weight but it does keep my blood sugar and blood pressure down and that is the main thing ... :thumbsup: ..... :541:

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

The Philippines went from being self-sufficient in growing rice to becoming the world's largest importer. It's an interesting story of the unintended consequences of trying to help the poor farmer.Based on my personal experience, the best is mountain rice soaked in spring water overnight. It is then rolled and wrapped like a small log in a banana leaf and placed inside tubes of thin skin, green bamboo (buho). The tubes are then cooked upright in an open fire. You keep pouring spring water on the top until the bamboo is nearly black from the fire. The taste is unbelievable. Someday there will be an international competition on cooking rice. Using the above recipe, a Filipino is guaranteed to win the grand prize. By the way, there are over 2,000 varieties of rice, according to IRRI (International Rice Research Institute) in Los Banos, Laguna.

• Like 2

retired
Posted
Posted

Being from the states i am more of a potato than rice guy . Don't have anything against rice per say but unlike some members of my family can go for days without eating it and not die :-)

• Like 2

ironmaiden
Posted
Posted

I eat rice maybe once a week, not that I don't like it but I hardly eat warm meals anymore, I'm a bread guy. Even my wife eats bread all the time now, she went from eating rice every morning, noon and evening to eating rice maybe 3 times a week. Of course, my bread is very good, I make it myself...

• Like 1