Gun Ownership In The Philippines

johnrxx99
Posted
Posted
For what it's worth, there are pubs in rural Wales where you won't be served unless you are a Cymraeg (a Welsh-speaker).But dont you think that is racist Mark?...I do not support any political movement, But i do think that foreigners living in England now have more rights than someone born there, That is just my opinion, As i said i am not racist, otherwise i wouldnt be living in the Philippines married to a Filipina with 2 children.Regards Brock
Sorry to continue this OT section of the thread but I felt a responce was called for.Mark is very polite but I tend not to be. The Welsh are a strange lot but if I'm not welcome somewhere, so be it. I could take you to a few pubs in Shropshire where a welshman would get the same treatment if he spoke welsh or a Filipino bar if you spoke english. We are tribal and the smaller the brain the more pronounced it is, which is apparent if you go to football matches.However, to say that a British national has the law stacked againt him or her is nonsense and it can only come from a mindset that thinks in the style of the Daily Mail. Blame someone for the crime problems, oh I know, it's the foreigners. Now that is racist not tribal. It is racist because you have no proof, there are no statistics and it merely pub talk by, I suspect, a non multi racial group.I lived in Shropshire before I came over here. Crime was exclusively British. Car theft, fights, burglary, the usual things. Did we sit in the pub and say, bloody British at it again. Of course not.A white British National may well think that every non-white skin is a foreigner. They are not, they are in the main British and proud to be so. In my considerable experience, foreigners are usually the least likely to commit a crime. We know we are in a country by permission that can be withdrawn at any time, especially if you are stupid enough to break the law. How many expat criminals do you know in the RP?Now if we change the subject from foreigners who are legally able to be here to illegal immigrants, that is perhaps more apt. They know they have nothing to loose to a degree and may well come to the UK, France, Germany etc to prey on the greater wealth. A survey was released 2 days ago that estimated there where 750,000 illegal immigrants in the UK - 1.15% of the population. The last estimate of crime in the UK was 10.9m http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/rds/pdfs06/crime0506summ.pdf.That's a lot of crimes by a small group. Assuming the police are utter sh@te, don't you think the remaining 98.85% of the population may have an idea of who is doing it having regard to the fact they are foreigners?So, my conclusion is that by thinking most crimes are by a small sector of the population which are foreigners is a racist statement.Definitions:- According to the Oxford English Dictionary, racism is a belief or ideology that all members of each racial group possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially to distinguish it as being either superior or inferior to another racial group or racial groups. The Merriam-Webster's Dictionary defines racism as a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular racial group, and that it is also the prejudice based on such a belief. The Macquarie Dictionary defines racism as: "the belief that human races have distinctive characteristics which determine their respective cultures, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule or dominate others."Thus, as foreigners are a collection of other racial groups and are perceived to be inferior by way of being criminals, saying that most crime is caused by foreigners is a racial statement. QED.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

"When I feel my finger on the trigger I get a hard on"Robert E Lee Geeeeeeee ......... did Robert really say that ........ and I thought he was a southern gentleman ....... guess it made it kinda HARD when riding on ol' Traveler with a gun in his hand .......

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
""When I feel my finger on the trigger I get a hard on"Robert E Lee
I seriously doubt Robert E. Lee said that. He was quite conservitive.

Markham
Posted
Posted
I also doubt that it was the Robert E Lee who provided that quote. It could have been a Robert E Lee, minor hoodlum from the Bronx! :lol: :cheers:

Mik
Posted
Posted

Hasn't this thread gone far enough yet? Brits insulting American historical figures. What's next? Americans will retaliate and insult the Queen or PM?

tom_shor
Posted
Posted

Most of them might agree with you about the PM from what I've been reading. The Queen? I'm not going there. I have enough people looking for me already. Did I fire six shots or only five? In all this confusion I lost count. The question you have to ask yourself is, "Do I feel lucky." Do ya punk? Dirty Harry (A paraphrase but you get the point)

Markham
Posted
Posted
I also doubt that it was the Robert E Lee who provided that quote. It could have been a Robert E Lee, minor hoodlum from the Bronx! :7_4_17[1]: :th_thsmilies-29057:
Actually, Mike, I believe Tom is an American!

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
I also doubt that it was the Robert E Lee who provided that quote. It could have been a Robert E Lee, minor hoodlum from the Bronx! :cheers: :th_thsmilies-29057:
Actually, Mike, I believe Tom is an American!
Who? Me? :7_4_17[1]:

johnrxx99
Posted
Posted

Well, that got a few laughs I hope - made it all up of course - sorry Mike.The PM or the Queen, especially the Queen Mum, by all means. We Brits like satire.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

No problem John ....... I knew it was a put-on ...... otherwise those quoits would have and continue to make headlines ...... and they were pretty funny ....... hahahahaha ..... As to gun control .... we are not going to change any one's mind weather they are for or against it ....... besides I'm pretty good with a bow or crossbow ........ and both in my opinion are pretty darn quiet and just as deadly ....... I just can't hide them in my shorts ..... hahahahaha