If You Were Me ?

sjp52
Posted
Posted

Jode, as you say, I'm not hot to hook up with a filippina, but I don't find the idea unappealing.

When I first considered my 6 weeks in the Phils, It was with the very ideas you propose.

And that's very appealing too.

When I was over there my friend suggested I buy a motorbike and go take a long look at the place.

Sort of Easy Rider does the Phils. He said he could find someone to ride along side me (a guy) Keep me out of trouble.

All these ideas have some merit.

cebu rock's suggestion is sensible, and well worth considering.

I don,t know, Coming to the Philippines and not checking out the chicks. Thats like eating cake with out the icing. Well any way you will enjoy the adventure, I know I did

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I think just get a first base to stay for a week, talk to people and you will soon find a lady without looking. Then make the rest of your plans.

Not sure where you could rent a house for only six weeks so I think cross that out. Cross out the motor bike as Mike says. You must have some ideas where you want to explore so that's easy to get the info so there you have it, no drama; care free. :tiphat:

• Like 1

Classic Dry
Posted
Posted

My internet connection was out for a while. But now, I'm thinking............ :89:

Classic Dry
Posted
Posted

Ok guys, here's the plan. ( Subject to change at a moments notice ....lol )

I think I'll go for a small pension hotel in, or close, to Cebu, and make my base there. After the first week I'll pay for just 3 days at a time.

From there I'll take buses to those places which might be possibilities for a permanent home.

( I think my motorcycle days are over )

I'll take all my stuff with me, so if I want to stay over I can. I'll be travelling light. I think I can hold it down to 5 or 6 kilos.

Ok, that was easy. Now, women. Internet or go seek ?

Internet would give some opportunity to maybe find a lady who seems suitable, and gives a chance to establish a budding relationship.

However, I know from experience that many emails and video links doesn't guarantee that the person you eventually meet is the same person

you thought you knew, and that meeting someone totally new, and talking with them for 2 or 3 hours gives more than twice the information,

than the internet thing. At least enough information to decide whether or not to meet again.

Hats off to those guys who met through the dating sites and made it work.

So, go seek ?

I know I can get a girlfriend without too much trouble, but what if I'm looking for the girlfriend I want to keep ? Where to look ?

Now I'm going to tell you what I'm looking for. ( You're going to hate me for this )

I'm not looking for servile or timid. ( Shy at first is ok )

I'm looking for someone proud of her intellect, and who is, or is seriously working towards, becoming a professional or similar. ( Maybe business or art )

It's sad, but I think nowadays, most of that kind of woman won't want me.

But this is my fantasy so I'm allowed to dream, ok ?

My ex wife was a phd, and while I never attained those lofty educational heights, I did enjoy our bantering.

Before you all rise with indignation, and tell me I'm looking in the wrong place I have to tell you, I'm attracted to asian females. I find them physically appealing.

Now, would I give all those qualities up, if I found someone without them, but was so attractive, that I just wanted to take her to bed every 5 minutes ???

ABSO_ BLOODY_ LUTELY ! ! I could get a lady like that and get my interlekshual stimulation somewhere else, maybe right here in the Cebu Expats Forum.

But, however beautiful the woman, after a year or two the novelty fades, and if you don't love her for reasons other than sex, unhappiness will follow.

So, maybe I can find a girlfriend who is both smart and sexy.

And then again, what does it matter ? In 3 or 4 years I may well be drooling and messing my pants.

Are you getting the impression I'm a procrastinater ? :hystery:

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:thumbsup: Ok CD, Sounds as if you have joined the Normal Club, WELCOME

• Like 4

Jake
Posted
Posted

And then again, what does it matter ? In 3 or 4 years I may well be drooling and messing my pants.

Procrastinating is good.....I think. Long range planning and getting your ducks in a row is a good

sign of dreamin' the dream. Here is an internal link that I posted awhile back regarding how to meet

these wonderful ladies: http://www.philippin...__12#entry51837

Bring an inexpensive point and shoot camera and definitely bring along some horse blinders, bags

and bags of chocolate and always display an air of suave and debonair (or de-boner as the need

rises).

Good luck and good hunting -- Jake

• Like 3

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Ok guys, here's the plan. ( Subject to change at a moments notice ....lol )

I think I'll go for a small pension hotel in, or close, to Cebu, and make my base there. After the first week I'll pay for just 3 days at a time.

From there I'll take buses to those places which might be possibilities for a permanent home.

( I think my motorcycle days are over )

I'll take all my stuff with me, so if I want to stay over I can. I'll be travelling light. I think I can hold it down to 5 or 6 kilos.

Ok, that was easy. Now, women. Internet or go seek ?

Internet would give some opportunity to maybe find a lady who seems suitable, and gives a chance to establish a budding relationship.

However, I know from experience that many emails and video links doesn't guarantee that the person you eventually meet is the same person

you thought you knew, and that meeting someone totally new, and talking with them for 2 or 3 hours gives more than twice the information,

than the internet thing. At least enough information to decide whether or not to meet again.

Hats off to those guys who met through the dating sites and made it work.

So, go seek ?

I know I can get a girlfriend without too much trouble, but what if I'm looking for the girlfriend I want to keep ? Where to look ?

Now I'm going to tell you what I'm looking for. ( You're going to hate me for this )

I'm not looking for servile or timid. ( Shy at first is ok )

I'm looking for someone proud of her intellect, and who is, or is seriously working towards, becoming a professional or similar. ( Maybe business or art )

It's sad, but I think nowadays, most of that kind of woman won't want me.

My ex wife was a phd, and while I never attained those lofty educational heights, I did enjoy our bantering.

Before you all rise with indignation, and tell me I'm looking in the wrong place I have to tell you, I'm attracted to asian females. I find them physically appealing.

Now, would I give all those qualities up, if I found someone without them, but was so attractive, that I just wanted to take her to bed every 5 minutes ???

ABSO_ BLOODY_ LUTELY ! ! I could get a lady like that and get my interlekshual stimulation somewhere else, maybe right here in the Cebu Expats Forum.

But, however beautiful the woman, after a year or two the novelty fades, and if you don't love her for reasons other than sex, unhappiness will follow.

Having recently switched back to seeking a relationship I signed up for a few online dating websites a week ago.

IMHO, finding that smart & sexy woman who also has genuine interest in you on one of these dating websites would be like finding a needle in a square miles worth of haystack.

In that week the filipina's who have contacted me fall into four categories with a few outliers.

1. They try to quickly get you to go and sign up for an account on a sex cam website.

2. They start talking about how hard their life is, problems they have, and if you don't offer to help them will end up asking for money or gifts within hours or days of meeting online.

3. They are older than you are interested in. The range I am looking for is 25-35.

4. They are too young (18-22), inexperienced and not very well educated.

My short foray into the online dating sites has soured me on using them.

I think I will use the strategy of waiting until I move, then get active doing those things I like to do, where you have a better chance of meeting that special someone who at least has a few similar interests.

An example of this is I want to get a mountain bike (bicycle) and start cycling again for exercise and as a way to travel back trails, etc. after I move.

• Like 3

Classic Dry
Posted
Posted

Good link Jake, I'll use some of that. ( Horse blinders ????? ) .....mmm... Suave and debonair.....mmm.... I'll add a cravat to my singlet and boardshorts. :lol:

earthdome, I still cruise the dating site I belong to though I don't respond to any messages. What the heck it's fun, and you just never know.......... :)

Ashanti
Posted
Posted

I you were me, what would you do????????????

First, have showers everyday …………. Put on a pretty dress, and in light of the advancing years, medium heeled shoes, light make up and NO bright red lipstick please …......

:hystery:

Soweeeeeee …………… ill behave now ……………..

The type of person you are looking for are usually found in cities. Im not saying you will not find them in the provinces, but they are far in between and besides, to be honest they wouldn’t be interested.

Also please bear in mind, your everyday filipino folks doesn’t know how to banter in english. Im not saying they don’t have potentials but you need to work on them to make them come out of their shell and I don’t think that will happen in 6x weeks’ time.

When you are in PI, have a look out on filipino activity groups and check if they are open to foreigners joining in. Filipinas that are active in some organisations tend to be sophisticated by filipino standards. Activities like, mountaineering, cycling, tennis club, diving club, etc. Dancing clubs/groups are not a bad idea either. They tend to be gregarious people. But I think dancing club in PI tend to be younger age group, from 18-25. Some I think would be as young as 15 yo. But don’t quote me on that please, as ive been away from PI a long time.

Anyway, be the force be with you! :lol:

• Like 3

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

I had the same wish upon arriveing .. very hard to find a educated woman who has time for a boyfriend IE: nurse ,teacher ,etc

If you do it will be in Cebu city and will they be interested in you ?

I think Ashanti said it well (to be honest they wouldn’t be interested.) You need to just relax and let it happen . Theses lots of real good honest women here who will steal your heart .

Don,t let the lack of education make you think these girls are not smart . Your not going to have a deep conversation on the G8 or such but if you listen they will tell you great storys of everyday life .

. I also had a set plan upon arriving and soon found that it was unrealistic (I did meet a few teachers and nurses) but they just are so busy with work I could never get time to take then anywhere . Also the internet thing is a gamble at best I joined CB and had 800 replys in a week

• Like 5