If You Were Me ?

MikeB
Posted
Posted
I also had a set plan upon arriving and soon found that it was unrealistic

Very true; no matter how you plan, life and fate take over. Try to make the right decisions and let it happen.

• Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Hey CD ..... my take on the internet thing is this .... I met my asawa on there but more than a year before I came here ..... depending on when you are actually going to arrive you really don't have time IMHO for you to develop any kind of relationship that you could rely on ..... at best you might get extremely lucky and worst get taken for a ride .... it generally takes a while to see if the gem you found is cut and polished or rough and flawed ...... now a rough stone can be cut and polished with a little work and time .... but a flawed one is a waste of time ...... IMHO .....

I personally feel that your best bet is to just come here to have a look around as you don't have time to play games with the local beauties in the mall or other places and if you do you won't have time to see the areas you might want to live in ..... believe me they can be very distracting :hystery: ........for me it was easy I had the right girl and the right place I wanted so I jumped in with both feet ..... I guess I don't really know how tough it can be on a first timer (although I was a first timer but I had my asawa to take care of me and that made a big big difference) ...... but I'm not sure you can accomplish both tasks (looking for an area to live or finding a companion) at the same time as your mind will be on one or the other ..... on-line dating can be a very good thing but it takes time ..... meeting someone in a local mall can be a good thing but it also takes time (unless you just want to find a WOTD ..... Wife Of The Day) and I don't think you want that .... at least not from your posts .....

I keep trying to tell guys coming here that there is no special line at the arrival gate with tons of eager young beauties just waiting for you to step off the plane .... yes they are here but just like anything worth while it does take time and a little work to find the one for you ..... maybe just come here with the thought of just having a bit of fun ..... see a few sights ...... take in a few areas that might interest you and maybe if you have time left over make a few lady friends (not lady boy's .... :mocking: ) ..... don't try and pressure yourself into anything my friend ..... if you don't see what you want this time not to worry ..... there will be another ...... yea I know easy for me to say I already live here . ....... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: ........ IMHO

• Like 3

Classic Dry
Posted
Posted

Ashanti, I have to tell you this ! When my daughter was about 5yrs old there was a standing joke around our house that dad had a little black dress in his wardrobe..

For my life I can't remember how it started or why, but occasionally it would come up in conversation and we'd all have a laugh. ( there was no such article I promise you )

One day the three of us were out shopping for a pair of shoes for me.The shoe store was very crowded. I was trying on a pair. Right out of the blue my daughter pipes up,

" They'd go well with your little black dress, Dad." You could have cut the silence with a knife. The little black dress was never mentioned again !

Well, you guys are making me re-think with every new post.

It's true enough, when I met my wife I wasn't looking for anyone's educational abilities, in fact I was only thinking about ..........mmm......Well, never mind ! ! !

There's a lesson there though !

I take Ashanti's point that the more sophisticated ladies would be found in the city, and, even if they were available to me, I think, wouldn't be keen to leave it.

You're right Mike. I'll stay with my planned intention to visit possible sites to live, but if I meet some one I like, I'll jettison the plan and stay with her.

Where we live is probably ( eventually ) going to be a joint decision anyway.

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

You're right Mike. I'll stay with my planned intention to visit possible sites to live, but if I meet some one I like, I'll jettison the plan and stay with her.

Where we live is probably ( eventually ) going to be a joint decision anyway.

What do they say when careful battle plans are thrown out the window when the first bullets start flying -- Murphy's Law: chit happens.

It's the same predicament when strong emotions take over logical thinking. Before you know it, your time and budget is gone with the

wind. Please, please just make sure you put your foot down regarding "joint decision". If all else fails, well......at least you still have

your little black dress to come home to.....he, he.

• Like 2

Classic Dry
Posted
Posted

Well guys, can't say I haven't had my share of good, sound, thoughtful and helpful ideas and advice here.

You've seen me chop and change my mind and ideas a good few times now.

I still think it wise to set off with some loose plans ---------

(1) To scout some possible places to live. (And also to see them as a tourist)

(2) To find someone to fall in love with. ( There's definitely no desperation here ! And I'm sure the search will be interesting.)

I remember what Old55 said right at the beginning of this topic.

"Maybe the best plan is no plan at all. Just relax, go with the flow, and don't forget to have fun."

Many of you have said the same in one way or another.

And Mike S is right (again) There'll always be another time !!! :tiphat: :cheersty:

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

CD if you have time, Pop over to Negros and have a look at Dumaguete, we can share a beer or two :cheers: maybe I can Introduce you to a couple of nice ladies. :)

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted

CD if you have time, Pop over to Negros and have a look at Dumaguete, we can share a beer or two :cheers: maybe I can Introduce you to a couple of nice ladies. :)

I'll be right over......wait a minute, I'm married! Happily at that too. Oh well, perhaps my next life.....he, he.

• Like 2

Classic Dry
Posted
Posted

Thanks Jack, looking forward to it already. Keep a cold one for me !!!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

What about me Jack, you keep enough beer on hand to welcome me ? :13_4_10[1]:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

What about me Jack, you keep enough beer on hand to welcome me ? :13_4_10[1]:

:cheers: But of course, you don't think I got here with out being a creep do you :hystery: kidding JGF. you can join Jake and I, for the Chess match :541: . Come on down the Beer is good and the Waters warm just now. :thumbsup: the loser pays, so the Beer will be on me ! :)

Jack P. :tiphat:

• Like 1