If You Were Me ?

lyno 47
Posted
Posted

maybe i should have added that if you have to pay for an anullment first, it could be a very expensive first date.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Maybe it is just me BUT don't you think, carrying a copy of a Cenomar, would seem to show a little Desperation :unsure:?? a bit like having "I AM SINGLE" tattooed on your forehead.

I guess you haven't been reading the T Shirts lately; Lots of them say that exact thing

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted
What ever happened to good old common sence

It just seems strange to me that a law can put a person in jail coz he/ she is dating a married person,even if the ex partner is out of the picture for many years maybe left there children never helped to support them and is not likely to return.For a western guy wishing to meet a nice filipina lady maybe a woman with a child who has been married and the husband has done a runner on her, i think it would put a real dampner on any relationship,why should a law like that limit a ladies potential to meet a decent man?

A clever Filipina say Filipin people have almost no logic thinking in average. It seem the same goes for such law writers... :bash: :)

I suppose some of such stupid laws are influenced by the Catholic Church.

• Like 2

lyno 47
Posted
Posted

well thomas i think you maybe right, laws here in oz are mainly introduced to extract as much money out of as many people as humanly possible that is untill the popualtion starts complaining .,and then the government backs off and looks for another avenue to extract money from us.As for catholic church they are a law unto themselves after all they have there own city and as the saying goes he with the biggest stick makes the rules.and the lambs will follow in the name of the church

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

well thomas i think you maybe right, laws here in oz are mainly introduced to extract as much money out of as many people as humanly possible that is untill the popualtion starts complaining .,and then the government backs off and looks for another avenue to extract money from us.As for catholic church they are a law unto themselves after all they have there own city and as the saying goes he with the biggest stick makes the rules.and the lambs will follow in the name of the church

Well. Many of the Phili laws come from when they where colony and more similar added by dictator Marcos. Many of the laws are to protect the rich and powerful. That's why they have the silly system concerning big crimes, has to be a private person accusing them even when the police know who did it!!! If the poor dare to accuse the rich at all, the rich can stay out of prison during waiting for court,anyway, and can bribe or kill witnesses and/or accuser before the court start, and go free by that... :bash: (At least more than one sourse say such.)

• Like 1

lyno 47
Posted
Posted

thomas i dont know about the colonial laws of the phils just the ones i read about on the forum as for the filipinas not being logical i am sure that they are in there own way i just dont think we as westerners can judge there logic by our system after all its there country and its far older than my country and they have been doing so far longer than australia has

• Like 2

lyno 47
Posted
Posted

Australia has some of the most restrctive laws of any country try and bring your filipina wife/gf here and you are in for huge costs and many years of waiting and jumping through hoops just coz they can yet ilegal people arrive by boat and are allowed into the community and the govt gives them money each week to help .i would much rather an imigration system that allows filipina citizens to come here rather than boat people.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Maybe it is just me BUT don't you think, carrying a copy of a Cenomar, would seem to show a little Desperation :unsure:?? a bit like having "I AM SINGLE" tattooed on your forehead.

I guess you haven't been reading the T Shirts lately; Lots of them say that exact thing

Then No wonder the World and it's lovers are in such a state. :unsure:

:tiphat:

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Many of the laws are to protect the rich and powerful. That's why they have the silly system concerning big crimes,

This of course is not Confined to the Philippines or Asia in general, the Whole world is the same, Spain in particular has a deep rooted rich Family, Mafia style scenario to their legal System, being colonised by the Spanish, it is no wonder, the same style of legal hocky pocky gets done here in the PI. It has been a practice for so Long, it could be years to resolve, certainly not in our life time( Mine anyway)

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

thomas i dont know about the colonial laws of the phils just the ones i read about on the forum as for the filipinas not being logical i am sure that they are in there own way i just dont think we as westerners can judge there logic by our system after all its there country and its far older than my country and they have been doing so far longer than australia has

Well. I agree with you concerning CULTURAL things, family relations and such,

but not concerning things needing "mathematical logic" as e g BUSINESS. An uncommon FILIPINA said to me: "Filipin decisions normaly depend of 20% relations, almost only feelings and 2 % logic". I suppose you have heared of their copying of businesses puting them CLOSE, without thinking of if there are customers enough in that place = Missing logic, make them lose money/earn little...

Many of the laws are to protect the rich and powerful. That's why they have the silly system concerning big crimes,

This of course is not Confined to the Philippines or Asia in general, the Whole world is the same, Spain in particular has a deep rooted rich Family, Mafia style scenario to their legal System, being colonised by the Spanish, it is no wonder, the same style of legal hocky pocky gets done here in the PI. It has been a practice for so Long, it could be years to resolve, certainly not in our life time( Mine anyway)

Not the whole world. E g not Scandinavia. Norway stay out of European Union and Sweden protest much against when they try to protect the powerful. Swedish media shout loud when some Swede is involved in corruptions, even when small things not worth a note in most countries. A probably future prime minister otherwice, had to leave politics when media noticed just some chockolate were put on the work credit card... :hystery:

(Norway have the Nobel piece price, which have been given to several "controversial" persons fighting power too. Sweden have supported the weak in several situations e g Nelson Mandela and antiappartheit back long before that became common. Many Swedes fought at Finnland's side against Russia during the freedom war. It isn't proven who made the only murder of a Swedish prime minister, but Olof Palme had many very powerful enemies after protesting against e g BOTH USA and Sovjet actions during the cold war against not powerful. But I don't believe any of them did it.)

• Like 2