If You Were Me ?

sjp52
Posted
Posted

But you ask, "what would you do". I think i would get back online, and look for that special someone to spend your golden years with. I would suggest a Lady in 30-40's maybe with kids, maybe with out. Maybe separated maybe single. But definatly they are looking for someone to be with. I know you have been down this road before and might be a little gun shy, but now you know what to look for.

Advising someone with such little experience about Philippines to maybe get involved with a 'separated' lady in Philippines is quite possibly the worst advice you could ever give, at least without pointing out all the pitfalls.

Separated means married but not divorced (there is no divorce in Phils). Adultery is illegal in Philippines and can see you both getting arrested should the 'jealous' husband file a complaint, leaving you open to paying huge bribes or doing time in a Philippines jail. The only way to free such a lady from her marriage is the expensive and often lengthy annulment process. I'm sure OP who might be 'messing' himself in a few years could do without such hassle. With so many single Filipinas available (from all age groups) there really is no need to get involved with 'separated'.

This is a very good point and something that all foreigners should know before coming here. You could be dating a women and if she is seperated, By law you and her could be arrested. It has happened in the past.

• Like 3

Ruddy_Rooster
Posted
Posted

The 'separated' female problem is new to me, and I thank Ruddy_Rooster for his advice, though I'm sure scott h (or his wife) has separated female friends who would

make wonderful loyal partners.

I think for me to go there and take a good look around is probably the only way. I just can't seem able to get enough information on the internet. Probably my fault.

I have other problems with the internet too, and might start a new topic with these problems in mind.

One thing seems to be true, and that is, I can't leave the dating site I'm on, alone. I spend spare time looking, thoroughly confused by hundreds of lovely girls and women.

By heavens, it's a rough old life.

You're absolutely correct to say some of these separated ladies would make wonderful loyal partners but the laws are what they are. The annulment process is an absolute minefield to travel with no guarantee of a successful outcome. There will be endless requests for money, not only lawyers but psychiatric reports, travel expenses for the many hearings and maybe the husband will want payment for being compliant. Then you better hope the lady really does want you and not just using you to free her from her marriage, assuming of course husband & wife aren't actually happily married and were just scamming you all along. It really is better to avoid from the beginning.

You're obviously enjoying using the dating sites, no harm in continuing, it could even be a useful tool once you're in Phils. It becomes easier to weed out the scammers and timewasters with experience. Just be upfront with your plans. You're planning to move to Phils eventually so that should take care of the green card/visa scammers. Anyone you're interested in, take them to yahoo or skype and get them to put their cam on, Philippines is full of internet cafes so no excuses why you can't see them, even if it is at a later date.. Speak to them via voice, get them to teach you some useful phrases, scammers wont want to be wasting their time.

Good luck.

• Like 3

Ruddy_Rooster
Posted
Posted

But you ask, "what would you do". I think i would get back online, and look for that special someone to spend your golden years with. I would suggest a Lady in 30-40's maybe with kids, maybe with out. Maybe separated maybe single. But definatly they are looking for someone to be with. I know you have been down this road before and might be a little gun shy, but now you know what to look for.

Advising someone with such little experience about Philippines to maybe get involved with a 'separated' lady in Philippines is quite possibly the worst advice you could ever give, at least without pointing out all the pitfalls.

Separated means married but not divorced (there is no divorce in Phils). Adultery is illegal in Philippines and can see you both getting arrested should the 'jealous' husband file a complaint, leaving you open to paying huge bribes or doing time in a Philippines jail. The only way to free such a lady from her marriage is the expensive and often lengthy annulment process. I'm sure OP who might be 'messing' himself in a few years could do without such hassle. With so many single Filipinas available (from all age groups) there really is no need to get involved with 'separated'.

This is a very good point and something that all foreigners should know before coming here. You could be dating a women and if she is seperated, By law you and her could be arrested. It has happened in the past.

Indeed it has, including the couple who featured in the 'Locked Up Abroad' series. It didn't help they posted all their happy news on facebook, easily done when you're unaware of the potential consequences.

• Like 5

• 5 months later...
Julia
Posted
Posted
Not all Filipinas are looking to trap a foreigner,

:th_thbestpost:

:th_thbestpost: :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

:th_thbestpost:

:th_thbestpost: :thumbsup:

yes thats so true, BUT HOW can one convince others?

example...not all foreigners are sex manics (dom), no pun intended jake :bonk:

but when someone mentions foreigners that is the 1st or 2nd thought that comes to mind,

what do others suggest to keep a Postive outlook towards the women we may meet/date or even marry?

• Like 2

brock
Posted
Posted

When the women back in the UK know you have a Filipina, They call you and say your a DOM, I answer them and say Yeahhhhh its great...Why should I have sausage when I can have steak.....The men are just envious of you and wish it were them

• Like 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted

half the women and men in the uk dont even know where the phils are and every woman is from thailand, even when you have been married they still think you go back to the family in thailand on your holidays too

• Like 3

tiger31
Posted
Posted

The reason the guy on locked up abroad got caught up in a mess is because his g.f ,s ex was well connected and had lots of money and could afford to go after the guy.The average philippino cannot afford the annulment charges and so they don,t bother with it .there is thousands upon thousands of philippinos living with new partners .there is not enough room to jail everyone .Men get away with it far more than the women do ,seperated philippina,s have just the same right as anyone else to lead a happy and an abuse free life like anyone else .The blame for this situation lies squarely at the door of the catholic church ,meaning lots of women have to stay in abusive relationships because they can,t divorce rant over

• Like 3

Curley
Posted
Posted

The reason the guy on locked up abroad got caught up in a mess is because his g.f ,s ex was well connected and had lots of money and could afford to go after the guy.The average philippino cannot afford the annulment charges and so they don,t bother with it .there is thousands upon thousands of philippinos living with new partners .there is not enough room to jail everyone .Men get away with it far more than the women do ,seperated philippina,s have just the same right as anyone else to lead a happy and an abuse free life like anyone else .The blame for this situation lies squarely at the door of the catholic church ,meaning lots of women have to stay in abusive relationships because they can,t divorce rant over

That's very true and if the average Fillipino's ex was shacked up with another Fillipino, no problem. If she has a foreigner then the money signs can start to glow.

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted
what do others suggest to keep a Postive outlook towards the women we may meet/date or even marry?

Well. Yes, positive outlook, but try check they are not scammers :)

(E g as sjp says in an other topic, asking them things and don't send them any money. Most scammers give up, if they don't get any money rather soon, while the good ones don't quit because of that.)

• Like 2