If You Were Me ?

i am bob
Posted
Posted
so the Beer will be on me !

Hmmm... Drinking problem? Always bring a clean dry shirt!

:mocking:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Maybe old age problem, bib is not going to deter others. OK, no one look, Jack messed his bib,, gee don't look,,, don't look I say ......1%20(60).gif

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
so the Beer will be on me !

:hystery: Sure do have a Drinking Problem, I can't afford it :no:

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

That's what you get for doing a P3 mill house...

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

That's what you get for doing a P3 mill house...

mmmmmmm :thats-funny:
  • Like 1

KanoJoe
Posted
Posted

You know classic, I gave this matter a lot of thought before i posted and....I do not think I would retire and move to the PI if i was not married to a Filipina, or if I was single had a serious GF waiting for me. For me a lot of the attraction of living there is not only the lower cost of living, but also the sense of family and friendship that comes with the culture. I am afraid that if i moved there by myself, any friendship I developed would be tinged with "here is my friend the Kano!" (reading between the lines that means "and he has money"). That and being a perminate tourist, with no real roots to the community could get pretty lonely. As it is now, im my Barangay, the people know me, the reaction is "there goes Scott, he is married to Marita and they live on E Salvidor street". I am accepted as a member of the community and not just as a wallet. (not that we are not hit up to help sponser every fiesta, quincenera, graduation, babtism, wedding and funeral that occurs, we will never escape the conception that becuase we are expats we must have money). Also if I was by myself, what would I do? Granted there are 7,102 islands to explore, but alone? Or a series of "guides". When I believe that any "guide" that would show me the local sites is actually only assisting me becuase of the "Kano=money factor". Another point, as I read more and more posts, blogs, stories and articles on expat sites it seems that the happy and successful expats have a significant other of some type. I believe that part their success in aclimating themselves to the PI is in part due to the partner to assist over the bumps and potholes that come with what you must admit is a foriegn culture to most of us. Finally there is the "what do I do tonight?" Being a perminate tourist would get expensive I think, and I really havent seen any local "pubs" in my neighborhood to hang out and watch the game at. I suppose you could meet with other expats, but guess what? they are married or in a relationship with Filipinas. I would bet my bottom dollar that sooner or later the wives would apply the pressure not to hang around with a single guy, becuase in their minds single=girlfriends, who have friends. If you havnt seen a jelous Filipina wife your lucky!!! Believe me it is not pretty.

But you ask, "what would you do". I think i would get back online, and look for that special someone to spend your golden years with. I would suggest a Lady in 30-40's maybe with kids, maybe with out. Maybe separated maybe single. But definatly they are looking for someone to be with. I know you have been down this road before and might be a little gun shy, but now you know what to look for.

Well i have ranted long enough. I'll by just wishing you good luck, and swing by and see us sometime when we move there soon. I promise my wife will not get jelous (or not very anyway)

WTF, over????? So you don't suggest to anyone NOT already married to a pinay to move to the PI? What about meeting someone, falling in love, getting married and starting a new life??? Ain't that the whole point for many lonely, forlorn western males??? Me tinks you tink too mutt.

• 2 weeks later...
bows00
Posted
Posted

You know classic, I gave this matter a lot of thought before i posted and....I do not think I would retire and move to the PI if i was not married to a Filipina, or if I was single had a serious GF waiting for me. For me a lot of the attraction of living there is not only the lower cost of living, but also the sense of family and friendship that comes with the culture. I am afraid that if i moved there by myself, any friendship I developed would be tinged with "here is my friend the Kano!" (reading between the lines that means "and he has money"). That and being a perminate tourist, with no real roots to the community could get pretty lonely. As it is now, im my Barangay, the people know me, the reaction is "there goes Scott, he is married to Marita and they live on E Salvidor street". I am accepted as a member of the community and not just as a wallet. (not that we are not hit up to help sponser every fiesta, quincenera, graduation, babtism, wedding and funeral that occurs, we will never escape the conception that becuase we are expats we must have money). Also if I was by myself, what would I do? Granted there are 7,102 islands to explore, but alone? Or a series of "guides". When I believe that any "guide" that would show me the local sites is actually only assisting me becuase of the "Kano=money factor". Another point, as I read more and more posts, blogs, stories and articles on expat sites it seems that the happy and successful expats have a significant other of some type. I believe that part their success in aclimating themselves to the PI is in part due to the partner to assist over the bumps and potholes that come with what you must admit is a foriegn culture to most of us. Finally there is the "what do I do tonight?" Being a perminate tourist would get expensive I think, and I really havent seen any local "pubs" in my neighborhood to hang out and watch the game at. I suppose you could meet with other expats, but guess what? they are married or in a relationship with Filipinas. I would bet my bottom dollar that sooner or later the wives would apply the pressure not to hang around with a single guy, becuase in their minds single=girlfriends, who have friends. If you havnt seen a jelous Filipina wife your lucky!!! Believe me it is not pretty.

But you ask, "what would you do". I think i would get back online, and look for that special someone to spend your golden years with. I would suggest a Lady in 30-40's maybe with kids, maybe with out. Maybe separated maybe single. But definatly they are looking for someone to be with. I know you have been down this road before and might be a little gun shy, but now you know what to look for.

Well i have ranted long enough. I'll by just wishing you good luck, and swing by and see us sometime when we move there soon. I promise my wife will not get jelous (or not very anyway)

This response got me worrying... so if you are single, how do you get started there? There must be a way to meet some filipinas in my mid 50's. And I don't mean prostitutes or bar girls.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
This response got me worrying... so if you are single, how do you get started there? There must be a way to meet some filipinas in my mid 50's. And I don't mean prostitutes or bar girls.

Of course there is, the Philippines in not on another planet, pretty much the same as any country in the world. Depends where you are each day, they work in the Hotels, they are vendors or sari sari store owners. They might be in the mall shopping or working or your neighbor but if you don't say boo and just walk by then its the same as everywhere else. Go into the big department stores, walk around the luggage area for example and there will be around 12 of them watching or following you, talk to them just as you would if you were home and looking for a partner.

How did you meet your partners previously? I know they did not arrive in the mail so some how you would have found a way to hook up and I don't see anything different in the Philippines.

I can remember my first trip to Cebu, stayed at the Waterfront hotel, stayed there for 2 days before meeting up with the girlfriend for the first time, anyway while just sitting having a beer the waitress and I some how made eye contact at the same time. She spoke to me and I remember her saying you are blushing, I was but this was the first time I chatted to a Filipina other than online or just like at check in etc. If I had not had a girlfriend to meet up with I am sure that this very beautiful woman and I who was maybe mid twenties would have taken this further as a few days later we made eye contact again as I was on the next level looking down to her floor, she smiled and,,,,,, never mind I had a girlfriend. Memories :lol:

• Like 4

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I have heard time and time again that, in the Philippines, if a person is seeing someone and it doesn't work out, there is another just waiting to meet you... Now I am sure that is at least a slight exaggeration but sometimes I wonder... And I already have my "Special Someone" so I'm hoping I never have to find out!

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted
How did you meet your partners previously? I know they did not arrive in the mail

What? No air pump?

• Like 2