If You Were Me ?

billten
Posted
Posted (edited)
so if you are single, how do you get started there?

If you are already living here you will find many ways to meet 'nice ladies' who are interested. As i was already married when i arrived this advice is passed along from observation rather than personal experience but it sure works having observed it a couple of times already (please, only take this tack if you are serious about looking for a long term relationship).

So, basically what i suggest is join a church, find one that has reasonably middle class congregation, doesn't really seem to matter if you are super religious or not people here seem to respect your religious privicy, most churches will welcome you and quickly involve you into their social life. From there its up to you, once you meet the 'right person', you can slowly move away from the church or whatever you wish. Anyhow, the two guys i know that took this approach had a social calendar that was very full, and the ladies they met were decent and well educated people.

Edited by billten
  • Like 5

Mike S
Posted
Posted
But I sometimes wonder what it would have been like to spend some time in the Philippines dating

Shhhhhhhhhh ...... thoughts like that can cause you bodily harm ..... especially if you talk in your sleep or smile while sleeping ...... :hystery: :hystery:

• Like 5

Ruddy_Rooster
Posted
Posted

But you ask, "what would you do". I think i would get back online, and look for that special someone to spend your golden years with. I would suggest a Lady in 30-40's maybe with kids, maybe with out. Maybe separated maybe single. But definatly they are looking for someone to be with. I know you have been down this road before and might be a little gun shy, but now you know what to look for.

Advising someone with such little experience about Philippines to maybe get involved with a 'separated' lady in Philippines is quite possibly the worst advice you could ever give, at least without pointing out all the pitfalls.

Separated means married but not divorced (there is no divorce in Phils). Adultery is illegal in Philippines and can see you both getting arrested should the 'jealous' husband file a complaint, leaving you open to paying huge bribes or doing time in a Philippines jail. The only way to free such a lady from her marriage is the expensive and often lengthy annulment process. I'm sure OP who might be 'messing' himself in a few years could do without such hassle. With so many single Filipinas available (from all age groups) there really is no need to get involved with 'separated'.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

But you ask, "what would you do". I think i would get back online, and look for that special someone to spend your golden years with. I would suggest a Lady in 30-40's maybe with kids, maybe with out. Maybe separated maybe single. But definatly they are looking for someone to be with. I know you have been down this road before and might be a little gun shy, but now you know what to look for.

Advising someone with such little experience about Philippines to maybe get involved with a 'separated' lady in Philippines is quite possibly the worst advice you could ever give, at least without pointing out all the pitfalls.

Separated means married but not divorced (there is no divorce in Phils). Adultery is illegal in Philippines and can see you both getting arrested should the 'jealous' husband file a complaint, leaving you open to paying huge bribes or doing time in a Philippines jail. The only way to free such a lady from her marriage is the expensive and often lengthy annulment process. I'm sure OP who might be 'messing' himself in a few years could do without such hassle. With so many single Filipinas available (from all age groups) there really is no need to get involved with 'separated'.

Excellent advise ....... avoid separated ladies like the plague ...... unless you are SURE you know what you are doing .... for all the reason the poster quoited has given .... it maybe OK for the Filipino to have an affair but you as a foreigner are going to pay the price ..... a big price .... their are exceptions but extremely rare especially if he finds out about it ..... kinda a double standard but that's life in the Philippines ....

• Like 2

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

Filipinas are such a friendly and kind people, you do not have to worry about meeting a potential girlfriend or wife, even without going to any "girlie bars". Just come here and enjoy the country, and all it has to offer. It is almost impossible not to meet someone, and lots of them!!! Take your time, get to know the Filipinas that you will see every day, just doing your normal things.

Not all Filipinas are looking to trap a foreigner, yes some are, and the chances are most of them are in the places you don't want to go to.

Are there any guarantees that you will not get hurt, or someone will try and get what they can out of you...., NO! But isn't it the same where you live now?

At least here, your chances of meeting the right person are much better, than if you were searching on the internet.

Nothing beats personal face to face contact for getting to the truth about the people you meet, and in my opinion (for what it is worth).

There is no better place in the world to meet the right person, so relax, prepare, do your homework, and then get on a plane or a boat and enjoy ....

BEING IN THE PHILIPPINES!!!!

Papa Carl

• Like 5

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

Here is the best kept secret for finding a great wife in the Phils ...

Not everyone will agree but here it is

1...come here for a extended period at least 3 months .

2.......live in a community make friends with the local expats

3..... get married LOL

point 1 is so you can learn about day to day life and culture to understand the women at least a little and to realize the value of money

its easy for a tourist to say only a dollar or what a deal ten bucks . A dollar can be a lot of money here .

Point 2 is make friends if your a good guy and have morals that match your friends the doors will soon open up to good girls.

I think every expat knows of at least a couple good girls they could set you up with.

BUT I personally would not set up any of the girls I know with someone just because there a kano A good girl deserves a good guy .

point 3 is if you want to get married ?

• Like 4

Classic Dry
Posted
Posted

The 'separated' female problem is new to me, and I thank Ruddy_Rooster for his advice, though I'm sure scott h (or his wife) has separated female friends who would

make wonderful loyal partners.

I think for me to go there and take a good look around is probably the only way. I just can't seem able to get enough information on the internet. Probably my fault.

I have other problems with the internet too, and might start a new topic with these problems in mind.

One thing seems to be true, and that is, I can't leave the dating site I'm on, alone. I spend spare time looking, thoroughly confused by hundreds of lovely girls and women.

By heavens, it's a rough old life.

cebu rocks......Don't know if I can make 3 months next time, but my next visit may give me more of an idea how to spend a 3 month visit, and, yes, I like

the idea of making friends, and learning about life and culture.

I already know the value of a dollar over there, and the observation regarding the comparison between what it buys here, and what it buys there, was made for those

people who intend to visit the Philippines (1st time tourists and the like) for whom it is valid and true. The value of a dollar to a Philippino, has not escaped me.

Do I want to get married ? To be frank no ! Well, not at this time, but my options are wide open, and if I meet someone I want to keep, and can only do so

by marrying her, why then, I'll have to marry her, won't I ?

• Like 2

Ashanti
Posted
Posted
Too late now I,m hook line and sinker with my girl.

Scotty .............. my rate is very cheap, so dont be late in your payment or your wife will read this smileyvault-whip.gif :devil:

:hystery:

• Like 1

sjp52
Posted
Posted
Too late now I,m hook line and sinker with my girl.

Scotty .............. my rate is very cheap, so dont be late in your payment or your wife will read this smileyvault-whip.gif :devil:

:hystery:

Ha Ha Ha. Its ok she can read it, She knows I,m crazy about her. Were seeing another side of you :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

• Like 3