If You Were Me ?

i am bob
Posted
Posted

How someone can go to live in another country without knowing the basics of what can get them into trouble is outright plain foolish to start with. Mr Doe wants to shack up with Miss Smith? Find out if she was married before! She was? Is the marriage annulled? No? If Mr Doe want to have a relationship with her, he should keep it clean until he helps Miss Smith get her annulment! Then you, Mr Doe, will not go to jail! And if Miss Smith runs away after Mr Doe has bought and paid for her freedom? That's the chance Mr Doe has to take! At least he isn't in jail!

• Like 2

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
Find out if she was married before! She was? Is the marriage annulled? No?

Simple. get a CENOMOR*. perhaps the small investment of xxx p(not sure exact price) will save you alot of hardship.

*A Certificate of No Marriage Record (CENOMAR) from the National Statistics Office (NSO) is simply what its name implies.

http://www.verifiedph.com/whatsnew/thecenomar

parts from the link listed below---FYI

If the said individual indeed contracted marriage, but was subsequently annulled, the CENOMAR shall reflect the said recorded marriage. The individual must produce the necessary documents that will prove the annulment as final and executory, and the said judgment reflected in the marriage certificate. (Certificate of Finality of the Judgment, Annotated Marriage Certificate issued by the NSO,etc). These documents must be annexed to the CENOMAR, for it to be accepted by the requesting authorities.

..........................................................................................................................................................................................

• What pieces of information are needed in getting a CENOMAR?
  • Date of birth
  • Place of birth
  • Number or copies needed
  • Purpose for the certification
  • Complete name of the father
  • Complete maiden name of the mother
  • Complete name of the person to be certified
  • Complete name and address of the requesting party

• Like 2

Curley
Posted
Posted

How someone can go to live in another country without knowing the basics of what can get them into trouble is outright plain foolish to start with. Mr Doe wants to shack up with Miss Smith? Find out if she was married before! She was? Is the marriage annulled? No? If Mr Doe want to have a relationship with her, he should keep it clean until he helps Miss Smith get her annulment! Then you, Mr Doe, will not go to jail! And if Miss Smith runs away after Mr Doe has bought and paid for her freedom? That's the chance Mr Doe has to take! At least he isn't in jail!

If someone accuses you of having a "non clean" relationship, how are you going to prove you didn't? The simple answer is to stay clear of ANY married women. There are millions of unmarried women searching for their foreigners.

• Like 1

softail
Posted
Posted (edited)

Simple. get a CENOMOR*. perhaps the small investment of xxx p(not sure exact price) will save you alot of hardship. *A Certificate of No Marriage Record (CENOMAR) from the National Statistics Office (NSO) is simply what its name implies

I'm not sure how many ladies carry a copy of there CENOMOR in there back pocket just in case someone asks them out. Or if I'm checking out at the store and the clerk looks kinda cute I'm not sure I would be comfortable telling her I will be picking her up at 5pm and and don't forget the copy of your CENOMOR. :hystery:

Doug

Edited by softail
  • Like 4

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

Simple. get a CENOMOR*. perhaps the small investment of xxx p(not sure exact price) will save you alot of hardship. *A Certificate of No Marriage Record (CENOMAR) from the National Statistics Office (NSO) is simply what its name implies

I'm not sure how many ladies carry a copy of there CENOMOR in there back pocket just in case someone asks them out. Or if I'm checking out at the store and the clerk looks kinda cute I'm not sure I would be comfortable telling her I will be picking her up at 5pm and and don't forget the copy of your CENOMOR. :hystery:

Doug

True not any would have a copy unless she was prepared(prepared to scam? to be fully up-front?)

It is easy to obtain if you have the right info, if you do get a copy it can relieve you of any "heart-break".

. I have posted this before, when your serious about someone, get their "NSO"s. birth, Cenomar, etc etc.

this can make your relation go slightly smoother. and perhaps SAVE $$$$,

why? one FM found out his soon-to-be-wife birth NSO had errors, he has spent $$$$ in airfare,phoncalls,travel to get this corrected,

by knowing or viewing her NSO's you can plan ahead & save $$$

• Like 1

Julia
Posted
Posted
I'm not sure how many ladies carry a copy of there CENOMOR in there back pocket just in case someone asks them out.

i am not sure with the other ladies, Softail, but i got my copies of CENOMAR - certified as true and correct. didn't occur to me though that I should always keep a copy in my pocket :mocking: but I might as well try that :89:

• Like 2

lyno 47
Posted
Posted

wow there is so much to learne i had better carry around my ex wifes death certificate and also a divorce decree if i had one.We all know there is no divorce in the phils.You actually mean you can go to jail just for dating a married woman who is separated?.If that was the law in oz 50% of the population would be in jail.What ever happened to good old common sence

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Maybe it is just me BUT don't you think, carrying a copy of a Cenomar, would seem to show a little Desperation :unsure:?? a bit like having "I AM SINGLE" tattooed on your forehead.

• Like 3

lyno 47
Posted
Posted

It just seems strange to me that a law can put a person in jail coz he/ she is dating a married person,even if the ex partner is out of the picture for many years maybe left there children never helped to support them and is not likely to return.For a western guy wishing to meet a nice filipina lady maybe a woman with a child who has been married and the husband has done a runner on her, i think it would put a real dampner on any relationship,why should a law like that limit a ladies potential to meet a decent man?

• Like 2