If You Were Me ?

lyno 47
Posted
Posted

thomas i sometimes wonder if they set up there business next door to the same business because of a shortage of available buildings or that they do not want to move too far away from there own community where they know everyone and are less likely to be targeted.maybe its not the wisest thing to do but if you have limited capital they just do the best they can with what they have,after all some money is better than no money.look around your own area i have seen many great little inventions by the locals that earn them a small income and i admire them for having a go.

Thomas
Posted
Posted

thomas i sometimes wonder if they set up there business next door to the same business because of a shortage of available buildings or that they do not want to move too far away from there own community where they know everyone and are less likely to be targeted.maybe its not the wisest thing to do but if you have limited capital they just do the best they can with what they have,after all some money is better than no money.look around your own area i have seen many great little inventions by the locals that earn them a small income and i admire them for having a go.

Yes, good they try, but they get small chance to succeed by that error in miss thinking of Supply-Demand.

Their location depend of where they LIVE mostly, because many start business in their living house.

It's GOOD to start business close to home where they know people both for contacts and for customers (Except if having bad reputation self, then better move :hystery:

BUT the error is copying the neighbour instead of copying something else from an other city.

Most of the ideas in my long business idea list are copying too :hystery: but I will not copy anyone in the neighbourhood, perhaps not even on the same island even if size as Bohol. (Some other are new inventions, and some of my ideas are never (?) done COMBINATIONS of ideas, and sometimes using old ideas in some new way.)

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Yes, good they try, but they get small chance to succeed by that error in miss thinking of Supply-Demand.

Their location depend of where they LIVE mostly, because many start business in their living house.

It's GOOD to start business close to home where they know people both for contacts and for customers (Except if having bad reputation self, then better move :hystery:

BUT the error is copying the neighbour instead of copying something else from an other city.

Most of the ideas in my long business idea list are copying too :hystery: but I will not copy anyone in the neighbourhood, perhaps not even on the same island even if size as Bohol. (Some other are new inventions, and some of my ideas are never (?) done COMBINATIONS of ideas, and sometimes using old ideas in some new way.)

Thomas, setting up shop beside each other must be working in the Philippines or they would not be doing this. Everybody would be out of business overnight if it didn't work - but they aren't. So maybe what is not logical to do in Sweden is logical to do in the Philippines? Besides, I can think of several reasons why this is a better way to market their product for their situation. Remember, everything is static - what works in one place will not work in another and vice-versa!

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted (edited)
Thomas, setting up shop beside each other must be working in the Philippines or they would not be doing this. Everybody would be out of business overnight if it didn't work - but they aren't. So maybe what is not logical to do in Sweden is logical to do in the Philippines? Besides, I can think of several reasons why this is a better way to market their product for their situation. Remember, everything is static - what works in one place will not work in another and vice-versa!

But it don't work in most cases... :) When they don't go bankruptcy or get in dept "for ever" *, it's common they earn very little. I don't count that as being OK business.

*Some examples:

/one Filipina I know have to pay 25 000p just in interest per month (plus close to 250 000p debt left to pay I believe it is. I got to know her after she was in a mess already by taking a big and very expensive loan to start a shop.)

/A kano told they earn 5000p/month on their sarisari in bottom floor of their home. That's perhaps - I don't know the size of the investment - better than having no work, but it's surely very bad for a full time work needing own investment.

/I know more sarisari owners. Only one of them earn OK/good, but that's by OTHER than the sarisari business (=giving loans and harvest sharing).

Edit: And several Filipinas have foreigners paying both the start of sarisaris, AND REFILLING of the stock !!! when they don't have money left to pay themselves :hystery:

Edited by Thomas
  • Like 2

lyno 47
Posted
Posted

thomas i have never looked into setting up a business in the phils and never will i am very gratefull to the phil government for allowing me to live in there country without to many restrictions,the main reason for me wanting to live there is the laws and regulations in my own country are becoming so oppresive that i feel my civil liberties are slowly being taken away.not to mention the actual cost of living which is running out of control.and if you look at the eu countries they are not doing so well ,debt in italy spain greece,just to mention a few,so i dont think we westerners can say look at us are we great at managing countries debt levels in fact if you look at the global picture we have made a complete mess of it.

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

thomas i have never looked into setting up a business in the phils and never will i am very gratefull to the phil government for allowing me to live in there country without to many restrictions,the main reason for me wanting to live there is the laws and regulations in my own country are becoming so oppresive that i feel my civil liberties are slowly being taken away.not to mention the actual cost of living which is running out of control.and if you look at the eu countries they are not doing so well ,debt in italy spain greece,just to mention a few,so i dont think we westerners can say look at us are we great at managing countries debt levels in fact if you look at the global picture we have made a complete mess of it.

There are many restrictions and demand many permits to start business in Phili, which make it bad for the Philippines. I mean starting OTHER than sarisaris and such :) compeeting with Filipins. But it would be good for the Philippines with more foreign investments for refining productions, specialy for export, plus outsoursing businesses.

Yes, lower costs in Phili,

but less liberty in Australia???

(Sweden have stayed out of Euro :) so have managed very good compared to the Euro-countries,

but in the long run I believe Sweden is "doomed" too, most jobs will go on moving to low salary countries as Eastern Europe - or the Philippines :)

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

The Philippine government wants to ensure that the Philippine people have every opportunity to work. That is why people just can't come into the country and start working - because they will be taking jobs from Filipinos. The same goes for ownership of companies and corporations - in order to keep the money in the Philippines and not pushed offshore to some hidden bank account. So to keep the people working and the profits gained in the Philippines, yes, there are a lot of restrictions that have to be met by outsiders. Seriously, if I was running the country? I would have looked at implementing something very similar! Would removing all barriers to foreign business bring more money into the country? Yes, but it would only be there for a minute and then more than the original amount would be back out that door. And, at the same time, there would be no Filipino economic development - no growth in native corporations - as it would be all foreign owned coming in. So, IMHO, this is something the Philippines has done very right!

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Wow... Talk about ending up a little off the original thread here... anybody remember?

It was Classic Dry asking for info on places he would enjoy coming to visit and a brief run-down on what he was looking for in coming to the Philippines. Anybody think we could get this one back on topic at this point?

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
The same goes for ownership of companies and corporations - in order to keep the money in the Philippines and not pushed offshore to some hidden bank account. So to keep the people working and the profits gained in the Philippines, yes, there are a lot of restrictions that have to be met by outsiders.

Yes, WHEN it's businesses COMPEETING with Filipin companies

BUT concernings other business as doing new types of products or exports*, if they have to hard restrictions, then they MISS geting JOBS, and jobs is what the Philippines miss most...

*I don't mean overexploitation as e g many mining and lumber companies do, leaving a much damaged nature.

It was Classic Dry asking for info on places he would enjoy coming to visit and a brief run-down on what he was looking for in coming to the Philippines. Anybody think we could get this one back on topic at this point?

Oh! I thought it could be interesting with job (=business) possibilies too :)

• Like 1

Julia
Posted
Posted (edited)

"Maybe the best plan is no plan at all. Just relax, go with the flow, and don't forget to have fun."

:th_thbestpost:

Edited by Julia