Age ?

brock
Posted
Posted

We have all heard that in Philippine culture the age difference between a man and a woman is of no matter, We all know of foreigners with much younger wives, 20 30 40 even 50 years age difference, But I do not know any Filipino with a wife with that age difference, Now I am not talking about some rich famous Filipino, I am talking about the ordinary guy, Does any of your Filipino friends have a very young wife ???.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Brock I think the larger the age gap the more affluent the husband is maybe from a prominent family or like that.

My father in law said fifteen years difference is about right and typical but I’m not sure I do not live full time in Philippines so am not an expert.

We know of an average not well off couple the Filipino man is nearly twenty years younger than his wife. A distant family member on Leyte who works for DAR 30 or more years about my age late fifties has a twenty something wife.

Lee and Nila talked of a Filipino couple with a large age difference the guy in his fifties her much younger just normal average folks.

billten
Posted
Posted

Yup, the lady that cleans my house is 20 years younger than her husband. No biggy as far as she is concerned.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Just knowing my wifes close friends and family, the people we really assosicate with, all husbands and wives are with in a year or two of each other (us included(

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted

I know of two Filipino couples with a substantial age difference and I think the reason it is more prevalent in Asian culture is due to the

fact that Asian ladies are much more practical in selecting a partner. My take is that Filipinas [Asian Ladies} find stabilty and security

much more attractive than abs and curly hair.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Lots and lots that I know do. You just have to look around.

• Like 1

GregZ
Posted
Posted

My take is that Filipinas [Asian Ladies} find stabilty and security much more attractive than abs and curly hair.

Good thing I have it ALL then, stability :bash: , security (at least my wallet appears large in Philippines), abs :thumbsup:, and curly hair :dance: .

Really though, we are 50 and 20. Her father is 3 years junior to her mother. Looking around here in Cebu City it appears to me that men who marry young are close in age to their wife. Now, I am older than her father and younger than her mother. This was a bit awkward to me at first, but okay after I met the family. Her immediate family has NO PROBLEM with it, but there are quite a few uncles that have expressed concern to me... I'm not sure exactly what their hangup is; it could be age or just that they don't want me to take her away. If it is age then it is likely they think that being "older and wiser" I will take advantage for my own pleasure. I WILL take advantage, but only for OUR MUTUAL PLEASURE. :541:

So in summary; ugly Filipinos marry later in life because no one will have them. By then they have gotten enough money to override their ugliness and are then attractive to young Finlipinas??? I'm gonna go with that for now.

• Like 4