Age ?

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

One issue that comes up when a senior foreign gentlemen decides to settle down with a younger lady is that of her desire to have a family..... You can't fight mother nature...

I know a girl in her early 20's who is married to a 60 year old (I'm sure we all know someone like that). She says she is ok without kids for now, but later her husband can get a vasectomy reversal and they can have kids..... figure the odds on that ever happening! So I wish them all the best but can't help wonder how long the relationship will last. Although I suppose she is young enough enough to have kids with a 2nd husband?

I am sure the security is important to her, but she seems to really love him. I don't think she married him just for the money and they share a lot of interest and activities. But I do think the kids, or lack thereof, will become an issue later.

My girl friend is 24, I am 48, and kids have already become a thorn. I really don't want anymore kids but it would not be fair to tell a young woman they simply can't have any. So at some point (soon'ish) I will have to choose to have at least one kid, or get another girlfriend. Tough call.

• Like 4

GregZ
Posted
Posted
I have taken pains to remind her of the age difference but to no avail.I am lookinf forward to many years of happiness with my younger woman

I tried the age difference discussion once upon a time and as you say "looking forward to many years of happiness" so decided to listen to her when she said, "We don't need to talk about that anymore." :nudie: btw 50/20

• Like 2

realdeal43
Posted
Posted

to kyua fred

I have 4 grown children and if my GF and future wife wants children I have no problem with that,I'm sure I'll have enough practice I may get lucky.I really think too many people are way too interested in other peoples lives which suggest that maybe they don't have enough to do in theirs or something is missing there.Just a thought!

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

:th_thbestpost: :AddEmoticons04230:

• Like 2

brock
Posted
Posted

1. :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :cheersty:

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Any differences noticed concerning this?:

mayaman

matanda

mamatay

madaling

Isn't it a question mainly of PERSONALITY and FAMILY BEHAVIOUR than on AGE?

(More likely a bar girl (badly handled by her family) and affected by money driven relations they live in, I guess.)

I have no experience from other people I know either, but I have heared if the family has been been involved in the startup of the marriage, approving to the marriage, then they will work for trying the marriage to go on...

If so - how common of lose face MORAL reason OR of ECONOMICAL reason?

Btw my grandparents, both kanos from western europe, had a rather big age difference. When my mother was a child she heared my grandmother thinking loud with her friends, what she would do when grandfather had died. It ended up with HE took care of HER when she got older, and he died 12 years AFTER her :) (He became 95, in a very good shape until 85, when a car hit him.)

Almost all men among my ancestors get old, so if my future wife expect me to die of old age soon, then it's a big risk she will be disapointed :mocking:

(I'm 59 and she is 27.)

(Concerning kids we think same 2 - 3. (I ask important things neutral and BEFORE I have told what I think, trying to avoid only getting answers what she believe I want to hear :) We are interested in similar things, she giving some more priority to work, but she kind of has to because of her family is poor, so them who have work - including her - have to work a lot of hours :unsure: To try to avoid giving them wrong signals, I don't give them anything, aiming at giving them Help-to-self-help almost only, including start up some business where at least some of them can get work, (But I will give them some food at first visit with the family.) I'm not sure yet, but they seem proud not wanting aid, wanting to get more work, because she has never asked for money, but she like to discuss what business, which can be good there and they can get work in. Her business thinking has evolved much after I have told her to think biger, so instead of sarisari and such, she has reached wholesale level now :) I like production much better than selling. Perhaps it will end up with a combination.)

• Like 1

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted
Hence the need for side line guys.

Do you speak from experience? If so are you sure it was age that created the need?

My experience with side line guys is from watching girls here who have boyfriends in other countrys .

i would say on average 70% have a side line guy . I lived in a appt where many would stay when there BF came to visit of course they all lived in the next towns and came here to hide from there family and friends . In 6 months I seen at least 15 guys who came to visit and watched them and talked to them . Only one guy got smart he showed up a day early late at night and caught his GF with her husband and kids all sleeping in bed . Of course she used the old its my brother and his kids but he was smarter than that . The reality of it is ask most philipinas if there single and you get a yes when a Forienger is involved . In fact the real BF will encourage her to go .