Age ?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
It's probably extremely impractical that Filipinos would have a huge age gap simply due to no divorces.

In theory yes. In practice, most of the OFW males I know of (estimating about 60 to 70 % of the ones I know) end up divorced because they are not home so their wife ends up with another guy. Thus these OFW males come back when they are 50 plus and take a young wife. Many times I have seen it. How do they end up divorced? I have no idea as I don't get that far into their business. Perhaps they just shack up with someone else and are still legally married to the first wife.

BTW, this practice is not limited to the OFWs but that is the section of the population that I see it standing out the most. Most anyone who can afford it has a discrete young affair gong on.

Thomas
Posted
Posted
How do they end up divorced? I have no idea as I don't get that far into their business. Perhaps they just shack up with someone else and are still legally married to the first wife.

The FEW Filipino-Filipina relations I know of that type just live together with the new one without marry them, still being married to the earlier partner. I guess it has to do with it cost much to make a lawyer make an "annulment". (If I'm corect informed, "divorces" don't excist in the Philippines for catholics, but can do for other religions. A kano claimed it can be solved by catholic, who want divorce, converts to islam.)

ekimswish
Posted
Posted (edited)
It's probably extremely impractical that Filipinos would have a huge age gap simply due to no divorces.

In theory yes. In practice, most of the OFW males I know of (estimating about 60 to 70 % of the ones I know) end up divorced because they are not home so their wife ends up with another guy. Thus these OFW males come back when they are 50 plus and take a young wife. Many times I have seen it. How do they end up divorced? I have no idea as I don't get that far into their business. Perhaps they just shack up with someone else and are still legally married to the first wife.

BTW, this practice is not limited to the OFWs but that is the section of the population that I see it standing out the most. Most anyone who can afford it has a discrete young affair gong on.

That's exactly what I meant. They're probably not legally divorced, but moved on. I met a "wise-guy", uncle Ben, who had 7 "wives", which we all know is impossible. They meant living-parteners, which is 90% the same thing here. Not at the same time. If they are older with a young wife, like joeatmanila said, they were probably too ugly until they made money, or smarter than average, like i said, or are simply between relationships.

PS: Uncle Ben, a Leyte native like Imelda Marcos, used to be on her security team, tasked with holding her umbrella because he was tall and good looking.

Edited by ekimswish

Julia
Posted
Posted
No doubt there are a number of senior sexpats taking advantage of the target enriched environment. However, I must say that there are some who need to start a new life after their love ones passed away. There are plenty of 30 to 40 year old Filipinas willing to share and provide much comfort to a lonely man. Those who venture to a strange land in order to seek a companion during their last years would be an adventure of a lifetime.

well said, Jake! :thumbs-up-smile:

• Like 2