Age ?

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted
My experience with side line guys is from watching girls here who have boyfriends in other countrys . i would say on average 70% have a side line guy . I lived in a appt where many would stay when there BF came to visit of course they all lived in the next towns and came here to hide from there family and friends . In 6 months I seen at least 15 guys who came to visit and watched them and talked to them . Only one guy got smart he showed up a day early late at night and caught his GF with her husband and kids all sleeping in bed . Of course she used the old its my brother and his kids but he was smarter than that . The reality of it is ask most philipinas if there single and you get a yes when a Forienger is involved . In fact the real BF will encourage her to go .

With all due respect Cebu rocks, we are talking about two different things here. Your post that I responded to had to do with Older men and younger Filipinas.

"I know from experience its not a joke many young girls are way more interested in a guy in their 60s than a guy in his 40s . I really don,t care about the age thing but I really wonder whenj I see a guy whos 70 with a 18 year old girl from the province . The girls here are very practical in thinking about the future . Hence the need for side line guys."

In your response to my comment you are talking about married Filipinas meeting foriegners. I will stick to my original position that character not age determines

fidelity and I might add that for you to question the character and morality of many of our wives is insensesative at a minimun and then to back it up with personal experience in a totally different area is disingenuous.

While I truely enjoy most of your post, I wish you would read some of the post from many of the happily married members and perhaps reconsider your position. Thanks in advance for your consideration of my proposal. Respectfully Mike

• Like 4

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted

• Well I personally dont give a rats ass what people think of me, I get on with my life and let them get on with theirs, My age difference is 35 years, And I love ittttttttttt :thumbsup:

Brock, I admire your outlook and it is probably a good idea for most of us to consider.

• Like 1

GregZ
Posted
Posted
My experience with side line guys is from watching girls here who have boyfriends in other countrys . i would say on average 70% have a side line guy . I lived in a appt where many would stay when there BF came to visit

I have to recommend that you move to a better location. A 100% rate in your situation would not surprise me since you say you are in a location that is specifically used for avoidance of discovery of another guy.

67% of all statistics are made up :bash:

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
To try to avoid giving them wrong signals, I don't give them anything, aiming at giving them Help-to-self-help almost only, including start up some business where at least some of them can get work,

YES help themselves to help them to improve their lives , thats the best as it reduces your exposure to being a walking ATM and in the long term it helps them to be more productive ,better income to support themselves

• Like 1

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted
My experience with side line guys is from watching girls here who have boyfriends in other countrys . i would say on average 70% have a side line guy . I lived in a appt where many would stay when there BF came to visit of course they all lived in the next towns and came here to hide from there family and friends . In 6 months I seen at least 15 guys who came to visit and watched them and talked to them . Only one guy got smart he showed up a day early late at night and caught his GF with her husband and kids all sleeping in bed . Of course she used the old its my brother and his kids but he was smarter than that . The reality of it is ask most philipinas if there single and you get a yes when a Forienger is involved . In fact the real BF will encourage her to go .

With all due respect Cebu rocks, we are talking about two different things here. Your post that I responded to had to do with Older men and younger Filipinas.

"I know from experience its not a joke many young girls are way more interested in a guy in their 60s than a guy in his 40s . I really don,t care about the age thing but I really wonder whenj I see a guy whos 70 with a 18 year old girl from the province . The girls here are very practical in thinking about the future . Hence the need for side line guys."

In your response to my comment you are talking about married Filipinas meeting foriegners. I will stick to my original position that character not age determines

fidelity and I might add that for you to question the character and morality of many of our wives is insensesative at a minimun and then to back it up with personal experience in a totally different area is disingenuous.

While I truely enjoy most of your post, I wish you would read some of the post from many of the happily married members and perhaps reconsider your position. Thanks in advance for your consideration of my proposal. Respectfully Mike

Agreed most married couples are a different animal I,m talking the guys that come for a short period and find what they think is true love and return home to continue a long distance relationship thats where sideline guys come into play If you live here with your wife its pretty hard to have a sideline guy without you knowing something is up . i will say sorry if i have offended any members but sideline guys are a fact of life in the RP for many guys . I personally know of many girls doing this . I don,t judge them because as they say he has not married me and I can not be sure he will even come back .

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I have to recommend that you move to a better location. A 100% rate in your situation would not surprise me since you say you are in a location that is specifically used for avoidance of discovery of another guy.

I agree. That or change the people one associates with. I could find areas and people that would influence me to make similar comments to Cebu Rocks so I don't doubt what he is saying. Then I could move to another area and/or associate with a different social group and find the numbers change dramatically But people are still human and some girls will always be screwing around on their mates (or the other way around) wherever you move to,

• Like 3

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

I agree. That or change the people one associates with. I could find areas and people that would influence me to make similar comments to Cebu Rocks so I don't doubt what he is saying. Then I could move to another area and/or associate with a different social group and find the numbers change dramatically But people are still human and some girls will always be screwing around on their mates (or the other way around) wherever you move to,

Totally wrong Its a appt building not the group I,m hanging out with . I hang out with philippinos and get to see what really is going on . they trust me and I get a insiders view as to the way they act and think . I have many many local friends both guys and girls . i,m not shut into my own private compound getting only news from forums and other expats . I am part of the bamboo telegraph and am accepted by my pino friends because of the way I act and relate with them .

• Like 1

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted
Agreed most married couples are a different animal I,m talking the guys that come for a short period and find what they think is true love and return home to continue a long distance relationship thats where sideline guys come into play If you live here with your wife its pretty hard to have a sideline guy without you knowing something is up . i will say sorry if i have offended any members but sideline guys are a fact of life in the RP for many guys . I personally know of many girls doing this . I don,t judge them because as they say he has not married me and I can not be sure he will even come back .

Below is your exact qoute and it certainly appears you are talking about younger Filipinas having sideline guys if they are married to older men.

However, I will accept your apology and move forward.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Totally wrong Its a appt building not the group I,m hanging out with . I hang out with philippinos and get to see what really is going on . they trust me and I get a insiders view as to the way they act and think . I have many many local friends both guys and girls . i,m not shut into my own private compound getting only news from forums and other expats . I am part of the bamboo telegraph and am accepted by my pino friends because of the way I act and relate with them .

Well said, I could say exactly the same thing myself, and then add that I am not tied in to only one group of friends so I get to see different views of the picture.

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I have seen the same thing here also about foreigners who marry Filipinas but don't live here with them full time ...... (sorry if this offends anyone it is not my intention) ..... I saw with my own eyes a woman married to a guy and they have a child together ..... he comes here once or twice a year and visits for up to a month ..... when he goes back to his country "Tito" comes around and spends a couple of nights a week with her (he must be married as he never stays more than 2 nights) ..... they go out partying sometimes coming back at day break ..... he carts her around all over in his car but when the husband comes back "Tito" is no where around .... until after he has gone again ..... by the way they have a yaya who is the sister of the woman so no secrets get out .... I also know of a long time girlfriend of a guy who got knocked up by her Filipino boyfriend .... needless to say they are not together ....

Where we live now there are a few incidents of foreign guys setting up their girlfriends here in apartments .... and after they leave the parties begin .... I know of 3 ..... one of which was a foreigner guy who had several girls on the side that would come and stay when the girlfriend would go off for a while (her job required her to travel some)..... she came home unexpected one night and all hell broke loose ..... my god the screaming and carrying on with the girlfriend chasing the other woman down 4 flights of stairs and out the front door ..... she then went back upstairs and started on him ..... the funniest part was when the girl was trying to explain that she didn't know he had a live-in and the girlfriend screamed back "you couldn't see my panties hanging all around in the CR" (translated to me by my asawa) .....

Anyway life is life and as has been said here before it all depends on the character of the person ..... it doesn't matter if it be a man or a woman .... it is what you are made out of that really counts ..... IMHO ..... :cheersty:

• Like 5