Training Your Filpino Partner

Vince Runza
Posted
Posted

I decided to read through this entire thread (okay, I did skim some parts) before responding here. Two things jumped out at me:

1. Most of you guys are at the mercy of women, Western or Eastern.
  2. Practically none of you really understand women.

You're not to blame. When I was younger, I didn't either. Fortunately, I delved into the business of 'cracking the code' of a woman's mind. Let's just say that, while I was married, I wanted to understand other women, as my own wife was not long for this World. What I found was eye-opening, to say the least.

I actually found an online resource called 'Build a Better Girlfriend', by a guy who started as a therapist and pivoted into the realm of teaching guys how to deal with (Western) women effectively. I'm not selling anything, here. All I can say is, it works. Really works.

The fundamental difference between men and women (as relates to each other) is that men are looking for desirable behaviors, while women are looking for desirable characteristics. In plain English, men evaluate human 'doings'; women evaluate human beings.

If you really want to build a better Filipina, you need to understand her, on a deep level FIRST, by building genuine rapport with her. Then you can begin to show her new ways of doing things (and testing them out in her mind before jumping in without looking).

I've used this method on women here in the US. They love it! Best of all, we both get what we really want: harmony.

Most you probably won't want to embark on a nerd-quest for reverse-engineering women (like I did). The simplest way to get what you want is to show her you'll give her what SHE wants, by improving your character.

omegaman
Posted
Posted

Beautifully stated. I am in counseling grad school currently. This is right in tune with what makes sense to me as a counselor.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

WordsandMusic
Posted
Posted

I think you folks are being too hard on Wayne. I knew what he was talking about to spite the use of politically un-correct words. You all did too. There is not one of you that have not tried to re-train (Wayne's Word) your Filipina in some way. It is a natural thing to do and most try this because they see some danger of loosing money, life, or face. If you plan on taking your Filipina outside of the Philippines to live there are many lessons to take into consideration. Banking, manners, dress code, driving, etc……….After all there are some restaurants that would frown upon grabbing a big hand full of rice and smearing it across your plate and shoving it into your mouth. Now if you never plan on letting your GF or wife see the world, then ok leave her alone. The number of lessons dwindle a great deal. But the fact is, if you love and care for someone then you are going to want to show them a better way or offer some loving advice. If they like the new way great if not deal with it.  I have learned nearly as much from my wife as she has from me. In the Philippines I couldn't do it without her, wouldn't want to. So in conclusion, we all have lessons to learn and some of the best are the one's that help us be better people, spouses and friends. 

• Like 1

WordsandMusic
Posted
Posted

Cracking the code of a woman's mind is not near as difficult as it is to crack the code of our own minds. Very few people know themselves because to be introspective is much more work than most humans care to engage in. I would venture to say that most Filipinas know themselves better than we know ourselves. Their lives' are not muddled by the world and all her conceptions and misconceptions. Sometimes too much information makes it hard to put your finger on what you believe and want. 

• Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

I don't really understand this thread. 

I don't think I have ever told K what to do, what to say, what to wear....

...hang on... that's wrong..We were going to a friend's party and she chose to wear something much more conservative than I wanted her to wear. She was right.

Edited by Methersgate
  • Like 1

MacBubba
Posted
Posted
I don't really understand this thread. I don't think I have ever told K what to do, what to say, what to wear....

Likewise, unless she asks.  And then I'm at a loss because I'm not accustomed to doing any thinking for her. 

• Like 4

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I used to think that I should help my Special Someone decide on what to wear but I learned quickly to hold my words...  She always dresses in a way that has me wondering what was I thinking?  At least, I would if I could ever get past thinking "WOW!!!"

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

I really wonder who trains who. :1 (103):

After 15 plus years of marriage I can answer that one easy enough.  :attention:

Edited by Old55
  • Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Fortunately, I delved into the business of 'cracking the code' of a woman's mind.

hugo-understand.png

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

I don't need to understand women.  I just need to understand one.  Fortunately, most days, it isn't difficult.