I'm Here! Best Chance To Date A Cebuana?

Mike S
Posted
Posted
This reminds me of an old joke that went like this... When I was 18, it was 12 o'clock... When I was 35, it was 3 o'clock... When I was 45, it was 4 o'clock... When I hit 55, it went 6 o'clock.

Geeeeeeeeeez I must be getting old .... had to read it a dozen times before i understood it ...... MikeS, somewhere between 3 and 4 o'clock ....... :mocking: :cheersty:

• Like 2

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

6 days to find the love of your life . Your not going to find a good girl in that short of a window . IMHO

• Like 1

Dr. Cockroach
Posted
Posted
This reminds me of an old joke that went like this... When I was 18, it was 12 o'clock... When I was 35, it was 3 o'clock... When I was 45, it was 4 o'clock... When I hit 55, it went 6 o'clock.

Geeeeeeeeeez I must be getting old .... had to read it a dozen times before i understood it ...... MikeS, somewhere between 3 and 4 o'clock ....... :mocking: :cheersty:

Hey Mike S,

Actually, it's my fault. :bash:

I should have said, "At 18 and when went shaving in the morning, it would look at me ..." etc.. :hystery:

• Like 4

jonSun
Posted
Posted

You could have been scouting the internet first & had a few possibilities lined up.

You don't just go to a car dealer to buy a car anymore. You search online & find the cars you like & then go to that particular dealer to check it out ;)

• Like 1

realdeal43
Posted
Posted

I'm sure everyone here has a different story of how they met their significant other so let me add mine.I met many women online before I came here but there was one who I eventually spent all my time chatting with,for about 3-4 months.We made arrangements to meet at the airport in Manila(she was working close by for her cousin) We spent 4 days together then moved to Roxas,her home town I met her family and I think they are great.I have never been happier.I found a wonderful woman who is so good to me it is hard to describe.I could be described as an old man but not an old fool.I'm 69 she is 21 and was a virgin.Let the good times roll hahahaha.

• Like 3

bows00
Posted
Posted

yeah ok.. 6 days is a bit of a stretch.. but I had to try. And BTW, i took a stroll around the Ayala mall and it was like how most of you explained it...I can't see myself picking up anybody there. It just feels too awkward, and the older men I see talking to younger girls just doesn't look right. And it wasn't like how the forums explained how foreigners get picked up either. It's no different from any other malls back home, everybody's doing their own thing. in fact i got more glares from the local men around here...I guess it is obvious seeing a single foreigner walking around...

Well anyway, I concluded that Ayala was not for me... And besides, I didn't fly all the way across the Pacific to spend my precious time in malls... what a wasted day...

I will resort to playing tourist tomorrow and just enjoy the rest of time playing with my new camera (instead of a new Cebuana).

I will keep you all posted on Day 2...

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

yeah ok.. 6 days is a bit of a stretch.. but I had to try. And BTW, i took a stroll around the Ayala mall and it was like how most of you explained it...I can't see myself picking up anybody there. It just feels too awkward, and the older men I see talking to younger girls just doesn't look right. And it wasn't like how the forums explained how foreigners get picked up either. It's no different from any other malls back home, everybody's doing their own thing. in fact i got more glares from the local men around here...I guess it is obvious seeing a single foreigner walking around...

Well anyway, I concluded that Ayala was not for me... And besides, I didn't fly all the way across the Pacific to spend my precious time in malls... what a wasted day...

I will resort to playing tourist tomorrow and just enjoy the rest of time playing with my new camera (instead of a new Cebuana).

I will keep you all posted on Day 2...

Just be yourself and be happy you never know what will happen! Have fun!!!

• Like 5

MikeB
Posted
Posted
in fact i got more glares from the local men around here...I guess it is obvious seeing a single foreigner walking around...

They see a lot of foreign losers so maybe that's part of it but I wouldn't assume they are hostile unless you're doing something you shouldn't. They're curious what you're doing here and their facial displays may not be what they seem. Different culture completely.

• Like 5

Thomas
Posted
Posted

6 days to find the love of your life . Your not going to find a good girl in that short of a window . IMHO

Anyway, I think you have done this all wrong,with your limited time you should have had a girl or girls you are seriously interested ready to meet from meeting them online.

Yes, very small chance in that short time without preparings.

Although Cebu and Manila are more "western" - How many decent girls would follow anyone on vacation after knowing him only a few day do you think?... :)

In rural areas it's still common they expect the man to meet the family BEFORE courting the woman...

Leave Cebu City move to a small town hotel. Always be very polite and just talk to the local people you may get lucky and be introduced to a nice lady. Go to Church Saturday night and Sunday morning.

Yes, something like that I see as your only real - small :) - chance.

=Let OTHERS introduce candidates. Rumours travells faster in smaller places where everyone know everyone, so if you tell taxidriver/hotel you are unmarried, soon the whole town/village will know :hystery: .

(But I'm to picky to recomend spreading such for myself, I would be tired of saying "No thanks. Sorry, can't suit me". I haven't counted, but I believe I have said such to over 200 offers anyway (in 3 years, but I say it more polite, trying to find some reason other than something bad with them, Mostly I have blamed astrology saying :) we can't suit.) Only just a very few I have found interested enough to get to know better as possible wife. (But I know rather many as friends.) Now I believe I have found one suiting finaly (I'm 59, but no one believe me when I say that, normal guess is around 40, which perhaps have added amount of offers, but I prefer dressing as a farmer mostly, which I suppose have reduced the amount :hystery:

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Well anyway, I concluded that Ayala was not for me..

You are lucky, in a way, that you did not run into one of the real and total losers that frequent the mall. The people I refer to are expats who make a living by trolling the Ayala mall looking for tourist 'buddies' that they can get a few pesos, or drinks or some food out of (usually the pesos more than anything).

Anyway, I just wanted to admit that I met my partner in SM Mall but that was 5 years ago. I don't recommend that any more than Ayala. It has become too infested with foreign sharks. I still say the filipino type malls and markets are your best bet for the time frame you have, unless you want 'service with conditions' which can be had all over with no commitments.

• Like 3