I'm Here! Best Chance To Date A Cebuana?

Jake
Posted
Posted

What I found was that the women here are very shy. A lot of foreigners back in their home town are a little shy to approach a women as they are worried about rejection as it happens quite often in the west. In the Philippines there will not be as much rejection only shyness and to overcome that shyness sometimes you need to ask them for their phone number and text them the next day and ask them to go on a date with you. Nine times out of ten they will say yes. Believe it or not you as a foreigner are a very good catch to a lot of Filipina. I can honestly say I felt like a kid in a candy store when I first got here, I could not believe all the attention I was receiving. If you have limited time here on your first visit the dating sites are a great way to find dates, Of course you still have to take them out and find out what their like. If you find one you like you can ask them to accompany you on a trip to one of the vacation spots on one of the islands as most would jump at a free vacation.

Right on Scott! Excellent advice!

Thomas
Posted
Posted
If you find one you like you can ask them to accompany you on a trip to one of the vacation spots on one of the islands as most would jump at a free vacation.

I haven't tested, because I follow my own advice :) (=Better do such moves slow than to fast)

but do realy "family girls" normaly follow a kano to over night stayings that early in a relation?

(Perhaps with a chaperone following her to check her.)

• Like 2

sjp52
Posted
Posted
If you find one you like you can ask them to accompany you on a trip to one of the vacation spots on one of the islands as most would jump at a free vacation.

I haven't tested, because I follow my own advice :) (=Better do such moves slow than to fast)

but do realy "family girls" normaly follow a kano to over night stayings that early in a relation?

Yes a lot do. It can be a good thing or bad depending on the guy. When I met my wife she came and stayed with me for the whole week I was there. We have been married for 3 years now.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I know for a fact some "nice" girls from good family's have done this others not so much.

If you invite a gal to go around with you don't be shy to offer her the chance to bring ONE family or friend along as a "minder".

When my wife and I were courting she would meet me every morning in my hotel lobby but would be hopping around like the tiles were burning her feet. :hystery: Clearly uncomfortable to be meeting a Big Foreigner in a hotel lobby.

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted

I know for a fact some "nice" girls from good family's have done this others not so much.

If you invite a gal to go around with you don't be shy to offer her the chance to bring ONE family or friend along as a "minder".

When my wife and I were courting she would meet me every morning in my hotel lobby but would be hopping around like the tiles were burning her feet. :hystery: Clearly uncomfortable to be meeting a Big Foreigner in a hotel lobby.

Good point Old55! Most Filipinas are generally shy and conservative. I made a serious mistake when

I brought Judy to a beach resort. I didn't think it would embarrass her and she was shocked at all the

other girls walking around with Kanos (US military). It was her first exposure to where the Kanos hang

out and It would appear that she was one of ladies.

Needless to say, I spent that whole weekend apologizing to her.

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Yes a lot do. It can be a good thing or bad depending on the guy. When I met my wife she came and stayed with me for the whole week I was there. We have been married for 3 years now.

Well. Yes, partly depending of the guy,

BUT rumours can start without he do anything bad... :)

(But I suppose less in cities than in a village where everyone know "everything" about the others.)

I know for a fact some "nice" girls from good family's have done this others not so much. If you invite a gal to go around with you don't be shy to offer her the chance to bring ONE family or friend along as a "minder".

You mean from the biger cities where there are more "western"?

(I don't want to go elsewhere for overnight anyway myself, because I'm most interested in checking the soroundings where I can want to live at an "average" distance from her family, and such can be done in daytrips.)

When my wife and I were courting she would meet me every morning in my hotel lobby but would be hopping around like the tiles were burning her feet. Clearly uncomfortable to be meeting a Big Foreigner in a hotel lobby.

Yes, and I suppose extra hard to STAY overnight in same hotel.. :)

Good point Old55! Most Filipinas are generally shy and conservative. I made a serious mistake when

I brought Judy to a beach resort. I didn't think it would embarrass her and she was shocked at all the

other girls walking around with Kanos (US military). It was her first exposure to where the Kanos hang

out and It would appear that she was one of ladies.

Needless to say, I spent that whole weekend apologizing to her.

Yes, so I think better not even ask early in a relationship... Better be safe than sorry :)

GregZ
Posted
Posted (edited)

I believe maybe some time at church is in order for everyone participating in this conversation :angry: to ask for guidance and forgiveness as appropriate. I'm going today. That said, I have a hard time picturing that I would want to KEEP a girl that agreed to go to a resort with me upon meeting. :unsure:

Edited by GregZ
  • Like 1

bows00
Posted
Posted

Oh yeah, I would like to add that when I was looking for my date in mall, I was approached twice by stalking young filina's trying to get a date with me. Prostitutes? One for sure, the other looked pretty innocent with friends. Funny how things happen when you aren't looking for them. So it isn't just the old expats doing the hunting there.

• Like 1

Dr. Cockroach
Posted
Posted

Bows00.

Her, not knowing where the Marriott is, is a good sign!

If she got your interest, then I would continue the communication coz you'd be coming back again but wiser :cheersty: Between now and then, you both can plan the next trip.

From my experience, and I have tried different scenarios,, I would say, short time investments will give you short time results (relationships) and vice-versa. In another word, just like anything, you get what you put into it!

But, you are lucky in a way. You have found a forum where members do respond in a very timely manner and open conversation!

And oh.. don't EVER think using the brains between your legs! You will be the one who gets screwed up ... and not just in the wallet! :bash:

• Like 2