Aussie Executed

Fast&Furious
Posted
Posted (edited)

Heck with that... I had the neighborhood on my side also.. Nothing like a party every now and then bonds them to you.

I had an L200 Diesel Turbo'd... Completely tinted out and local tags that wouldn't associate me as a foreigner... Easy to move about without question.

But then again... YTF would I live like that???

Done with all of that and living free for now... 

that's why I hesitate to come there...no matter how much you protect yourself, as long as your face look like a foreigner, let alone your speech...you are a potential diamond for many criminals out there...it's so evident that if you allow me to compare something in the USA: for example, the colour of the skin in Alabama can make a difference to your life.

Edited by wallaby

Daydreamer
Posted
Posted

I like to jump in with both feet sometimes it works sometimes it don't but all in all I learn a little something on the way

Whatever doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger.  Too bad about the Aussie in the opening post, may he R.I.P.

just wish I could get the whole tale instead of a watered down G rated version, because like you said; Whatever don't kill ya, will make you stronger

Daydreamer
Posted
Posted

Not sure how much a guard will do for you. From what I have seen they are either useless or a liability. Your best guard will be

this:

87545d1253399191-ar-15-bushmaster-colt-a

or this:

attachicon.gifGuard Dog.jpg

At our place in Mindanao, I had electrified spikes on a 3M wall with AC (so I wouldn't fry them), then 2 bichon frise' as watch dogs and 2 german shepherds as the finishers.. If they got thru all of that I had a 45 Colt Commander in my hand waiting to weed thru whatever came. I had the missus trained in the use of it too. Also, reloads were cheap 10cents a round. So I had ball, hollow point and teflon alternately loaded.  

But the bottom line is all of that is not a way to live. It's like being in the military and I am no longer there. So that is why I moved.

Exactly. And unless your car looks like this:

http://www.defencejobs.gov.au/army/technology/bushmaster.aspx

's

then, what's the point of protecting your place when they can wait for you outside?

That's a bad ass bushmaster I wouldn't want to be on the recieving end of a hello from that, but if I needed one of them and an arsenal of AR-15's and .45s then I'd be better off not coming to the Philippines.

jon1
Posted
Posted

You have to understand.. we are talking about Mindanao here.. Not the rest of the Philippines. Mindanao (especially the Zamboanga peninsula, Sulu archipeligo and Cotabato region) is full of armed bandits just waiting for an opportunity to kidnap a foreigner. They will then sell the victim to the Abu Sayaf, who demands a high ransom from the victim's family, employer or gov't..

Anywhere else a dog will be enough protection/warning from the common thieves.

Most foreigners that get killed in the Phil are involved in a business or politics. Bottom line they either pissed off or somehow slighted a local or the local gets greedy and feels that the foreigner is no longer needed for the business...

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Exactly. And unless your car looks like this: http://www.defencejo...bushmaster.aspx

Or this ..... post-11-0-13647900-1371177768_thumb.jpg ........  this is much more suited for travel here in the Phils ...... :thumbsup: :hystery: :hystery:

:cheersty:

• Like 2

Daydreamer
Posted
Posted

You have to understand.. we are talking about Mindanao here.. Not the rest of the Philippines. Mindanao (especially the Zamboanga peninsula, Sulu archipeligo and Cotabato region) is full of armed bandits just waiting for an opportunity to kidnap a foreigner. They will then sell the victim to the Abu Sayaf, who demands a high ransom from the victim's family, employer or gov't..

Most foreigners that get killed in the Phil are involved in a business or politics. Bottom line they either pissed off or somehow slighted a local or the local gets greedy and feels that the foreigner is no longer needed for the business...

OH CRAP! I'm going there, and here I was hoping that my dark skin would save my bacon! Now I don't know about going any further than Manila, because they way you guys are talking my keester just made the menu and the special of the day RUUNNNN $%%$$%T$$#$, can't say what really came to mind :bash:

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Not sure how much a guard will do for you. From what I have seen they are either useless or a liability. Your best guard will be a small barking dog and another larger breed dog. That way the small dog is the alarm clock and the big dog is the finisher. Especially if you have a 300M buffer around your house. The dogs also need to be trained to not accept any food from anyone but you or your family. Burglars will poison dogs then move in.

Yes, in some cases dogs surely are better, but dogs can't phone and ask if let in someone they haven't met before  :)  Bad if they would hurt some friend to my kids, coming to ask for them.

Depending of what business I start, I can place it close to the public road. The "guard" can be someone working in my production, live there and just phone me if he see someone trespassing. 

Perhaps a brother to my future wife, so he want to protect HER, so he protect me some at the same time  :)

then, what's the point of protecting your place when they can wait for you outside?

Except in the regions Zamboanga and such, I don't expect they will have ME as target, but my THINGS  (even I don't have so much worth  :)   but much for them.)

I had the neighborhood on my side also.. Nothing like a party every now and then bonds them to you.

I don't like beer   :)

but if I find a village, which I want to settle behind  (it's to short of space for my taste where my future wife (?) is from so it can't be there) then I have some thoughts trying to get the village on my side by

have a family type of party type swedish Midsommer DAYTIME part (=fun WITHOUT alcohol   :)    

and try to employ at least one per extended family, so all families in the village have advantage if I stay - and alive   :)

That's why - if I start a business of type which need Filipin partners - I plan to split the Filipin 60% into very SMALL parts, so I get HOUNDREDS of partners. Hard for them to take over then, specialy when most of them don't know each other. I don't know if shareholders has to be public in Phili. Extra hard for them if they don't even  know who the others are  :)

Plus I will try to keep as much knowledge as possible for myself, so it would be hard for them to take over without a lot of mess. But of course they can try undepending of if it will be mess...  :)

=Try to make me worth more for them staying than leaving/dead. But some people are stupid, trying to fool me even when they SURELY lose by me leaving... 

(Swedes too. I didn't bother to make any proper legal protection in a partner deal I made with Swede (between our companies), because he would earn more by keeping me. I gave him free consulting organising HIS messed up company, plus the deal would be he would get a big share of my revenue just for he leting me use his suppliers for my SPECIAL made products and my products get a cheaper transport by get a share in containers, when he transport his STANDARD products anyway. The deal was he got all standard products, but the special ones were mine. Then he tried to take my special ones ALSO   :bash:  When I noticed it, I stoped giving him free consulting, so his company went back to being a mess, so he went bankruptcy soon   :hystery:    (I didn't lose any money  at all myself, except missed profit by I didn't got my special products to sell. It took some time before I had solved the supplying, so I missed that season.)

• Like 1

jon1
Posted
Posted

OH CRAP! I'm going there, and here I was hoping that my dark skin would save my bacon! Now I don't know about going any further than Manila, because they way you guys are talking my keester just made the menu and the special of the day RUUNNNN $%%$$%T$$#$, can't say what really came to mind :bash:

I would not be in Manila for anything. Polluted, crowded and huge traffic snarls.... Anywhere outside of the previous regions I mentioned are relatively safe and cleaner. All places have areas not to go in, just like back home. 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Is there any news on the murder? Has a suspect been, if not arrested, at least identified? 

Daydreamer
Posted
Posted
Is there any news on the murder? Has a suspect been, if not arrested, at least identified?
I think that has been forgotten and swept into the big pork barrel scam trial
  • Like 2