Annual Report 2014

Markham
Posted
Posted

It's almost that time of year when we all troop off to BI with our ACR Cards in our hot, sticky hands, hand-over three hundred odd Pesos, collect our Official Receipts and be on our way to the pub inside 10 to 15 minutes.

Not any more. The new BI Commissioner has decided that we now need to complete an application form - and here it is, all four pages of it. You will doubtless note that some of the details must be given more than once. And it wouldn't be a Philippine government form if it weren't confusing and devoid of any helpful notes to assist with its accurate completion - but omitting any detail or providing incorrect information can lead to cancellation of our visas and deportation. For example, it asks for your ICR Number - yes, you did read that right - but doesn't explain what it is or where to find it.

Not only must we provide full details of all children and other dependants living with us, we must also provide the same information for those living abroad. More controversially perhaps, BI wants details of our deceased parents and children. If your parents are still alive, BI wants to know their Passport details and their ACR / ICR Numbers.

You also must take your Passport - plus photocopies of the usual pages (details, last arrival stamp and current visa page),  your ACR Card - plus photocopies of both sides and previous years Annual Report receipts. Oh and the application form needs a 2x2 colour photo taken within the last 30 days.

And they'll take two thumbprints.

I reckon 2 to 3 hours for processing.

Let the expletives begin! :D

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

The new BI Commissioner

mmmmmmm I wonder if they are all, mad, at the top of the BOI   :36_6_3[1]:

And they talk about us, Table Thumping  :hystery:

post-2148-0-80966300-1388296324_thumb.pn

Obviously, there is no end, to this Lunacy!!!  :morning1:

or is there  :1 (72):

:tiphat:

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

i have seen this NEW REPORT FORM and I am just pissed

some of the questions if answered could( am i paranoid. YES I AM)

i feel... it,,,  Could put my children or even myself at HIGH RISK as this is VERY personal and private security ,

for me I will leave it blank,?, or N/A in the blank

Edited by Pittman apartments Sgn

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I keep telling you guys that they don't want us here especially the pres .... "The Philippines is for Filipinos" .... how many times have we heard that statement from him and his mother .... just a way of life .... make it so hard that people will go back to visa runs to avoid the hassle .... they don't want permanent foreign residents here pure and simple .... next attack will be on BB holders ....

So what are we supposed to do if (for us old farts) your parents are dead .... or you don't have kids .... or your parents were divorced more than 60 years ago and you have no idea where your father now lives (if he is still alive) ..... I see all kinds of signs that 13a visas will soon be a thing of the past  ....

Maybe instead of doing all this checking up on foreigners the new BI director needs to be spending his time curbing the corruption running rampart in his department .... just a thought ..... :1 (103):

I wonder when these new forms will be ready and when we can pick them up or will we have to fill them out there .....

:cheersty:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

mm not sure what happened before but have a read of this

http://www.philippineconsulatela.org/balikbayan.htm#1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

A friend of mine came from the UK 2/3 weeks ago, he was refused a BB stamp, the gate gaurd told him, that his wife had only been out of the PI for 2 days ( She Met him KL) apparently, they have now to ensure, that the Full one (1) year out of country rule will be reactivated.

In order to avail of the privilege, qualified Filipino citizens need to present only their Philippine passports showing the date of last exit from the Philippines, which should not be less than 1 year.  Aside from their foreign passports showing date of last exit from the Philippines, former Filipino citizens need to present their old Philippine passport or Philippine birth certificate.  In the absence of these documents, they can present foreign naturalization papers to show former Philippine citizenship or certification from adopted country.

Well sorry Folks, I seem to have FDUP somewhere, I just hope my post is clear now, Mike B or TOM maybe one of you can delete the Foo Par for me?? Big Thank You  :unsure:

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Which Port of Entry were they refused the BB?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Which Port of Entry were they refused the BB?

MANILA,  AIRPORT

MikeB
Posted
Posted

There have been 2 Presidents and I don't know how many Immigration Commissioners since 2001 so if they waived the 1 year rule on Balikbayan entries they could certainly "unwaive" it. I hope not, it would change a lot of things for people who live here...but the tourist visa extensions are a cash cow, no question. 

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted (edited)
VI. PARENT’S INFORMATION
Father

(as appearing on the passport)

Last Name

As appearing on the passport????  His passport or mine? He doesn't have a passport because he's been dead since 1997 and his name isn't on my passport.

I don't have any children but I have a son who is 39 years old. He's man not a child but do they want his name and information too?

What a stupid form with no detailed instructions.  Its just another reason to question my decision to live in the Philippines.  Stupidity at its finest.

Edited by Americano
  • Like 3