Annual Report 2014

Duma
Posted
Posted

If you are a permanent resident you must submit your annual report in the main office in Manila or Cebu or Davao......bummer so off we go to Cebu

paulus
Posted
Posted

Where am I going wrong here? I have no wife, my kids are not dependent on me, and are not mentioned on my passport, I have no petitioners. So apart from the first column on the first page I need to write 'N/A' everywhere else., and add my signature on the fourth page.

Am I missing something here? My only complaint  so far is the form does not provide enough space for my address here. I need an extra line.

Waste of money and time asking for photo, and thumb print and notary signature. Apart from that, the ordinary visa extension form requires more info than this form. Or have I got it wrong?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Apart from that, the ordinary visa extension form requires more info than this form. Or have I got it wrong?

From this, can we presume, you are on a 9a Tourist visa? If so, then you have no need, to report at all, You do that Every 2 months. the Reporting issue is for Temp /Perm 13a,Student, Retiree Visa Holders and Yesterday, I found out those on Work permits also, I hear that many Large Employers, are up in arms, about this issue, they are I am informed, taking it up Directly, with the BOI Commissioner 

Seems changing Rules Mid stream, on a Work permit is Not Cricket

:tiphat:

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

If you are a permanent resident you must submit your annual report in the main office in Manila or Cebu or Davao......bummer so off we go to Cebu

I'm gonna just sit tight for a while and see what happens even if I have to pay a fine ..... no one seems to know what they are doing (BI offices) or how to implement these new changes ..... looks like the different offices are just trying to push everything off on the other offices ..... can you just imagine ALL the foreigners having to report to those three offices for their annual report ....

The SRRV visa is starting to look better and better except I can't figure out how my asawa would get the $10,000 after I'm gone or how much would be left after the government takes their cut .... gonna check a bit more on what needs to be done to get one ..... sure beats the hell outta what the BI is doing now ...... I understand with a SRRV the only time I will see the BI is if I leave the country ..... :thumbsup:

:cheersty:

• Like 1

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted
The SRRV visa is starting to look better and better

By the way change of rulings are brought about in the RP BI, what is safe today will be a curse tomorrow. Hopefully common sense will prevail in the end

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Anyone know what the penalty is for filing a late annual report .....

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I'm gonna just sit tight for a while and see what happens even if I have to pay a fine

Hmm.  That would make you a 'bad guy' and according to the BI Facebook page:

post-41-0-12336700-1389165168_thumb.jpg

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I thought that the 30 day entry visa and then the 6 month extension was a step in the right direction but now this and the BB visa (1 year out rule) says no.

If I understand you correctly, the Balikbayan privilege has always been a 12 month only privilege.

Balikbayan one-year visa-free stay

Balikbayans – any overseas Filipino returning to the Philippines, including former Filipinos who have acquired foreign citizenship – can stay in the Philippines without a visa for a period of one year. The balikbayan visa-free stay privilege is extended to the balikbayan’s non-Filipino spouse and children, provided they enter the Philippines with the balikbayan.

Former Filipino balikbayans traveling to the Philippines are advised to bring either their old Philippine passport or copy of Philippine birth certificate as proof of their former Philippine citizenship. Accompanying family members of the balikbayan can bring appropriate supporting documents:

For the spouse: copy of marriage certificate

For each child: copy of birth certificate

For adopted children: copy of adoption papers

Philippine Law (R.A. 9174) provides benefits to baikbayans:

Tax-exempt maximum purchases in the amount of USD 1,500, or the equivalent in Philippine and other currency, at Philippine Government–operated duty free shops

Exemption from Travel Tax, provided that their stay in the Philippines is one year or less. If their stay in the Philippines exceeds one year, Travel tax will apply to them.

Americano
Posted
Posted

Don't know what the late penalty is but we have all of January and February to file. Maybe someone at Immigration will figure out what they are doing by some time in February. I think I will wait a while too.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

If I understand you correctly, the Balikbayan privilege has always been a 12 month only privilege.

He's referring to reports that the requirement that the returning Filipino be out of the country for at least 1 year has been reinstated. I don't know if it's true but that would effectively end it as an option for foreign spouses living here, which was never the intent anyway.

• Like 2