Annual Report 2014

Americano
Posted
Posted

Mike is correct about the one year out of the Philippines requirement question for a BB Stamp. There are hundreds or maybe thousands of foreigners who stay almost permanently in the Philippines on a BB Stamp. I did it for my first 3 years here but if the one year requirement is true that would put an end to most BB Stamps.

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Here is a bit more info from someone who went to the Dumaguete BOI ..... this was taken from another board which I am not a member of ..... I did a search on Google for "Philippine 2014 annual report" and found this info .... found some others but this was the most detailed ..... hopefully this will help and if anyone else has already gone down please add to this info for the rest of us ...... I know that each BI will probably be different but it may help  ......... me .... I'm not going back for at least another week in hopes they get some of the stuff sorted out .... :hystery: :hystery:

:cheersty:

I will go down the list of requirements:

1.  she hands you the form and directs you to the copy place next door so you can make copies which you will then use to put in your information.  You must return the original form to her, which she gives to the next in line.

2.  fill out the form in black ink only

3.  the first half of the first page is the normal information which we usually fill out. no problem

4.  the other half of the first page is dedicated to your spouse.  if you don't have one, write NA

5.  the 3rd page is dedicated to info about your children  name, age, sex, residence, etc. etc and/or representatives that may be sponsoring or helping you.  Next come your parents, name, age, residence, etc. etc.  If you don't have any of the above, just write in NA.  The top part of the 4th page you will need to put in your parents name if they are deceased, but no other information is requested.

6.  the bottom part of the 4th page you must take to the lawyer (upstairs) how convenient.  He must sign an notarize the document

7.  take the now filled-out (4) page document next door to get another copy

7.  returning back to the BOI office, you must get your thumb prints (left and right), on both your original document and the copy.  (btw,they have a stinky rag to wipe off the ink, which doesn't work, so come prepared with small bottle of alcohol and some tissue.

8.  As is usually required, you need to submit (2) copies each of the first page in your passport and the last stamped page 

9.  (2) passport size photos

10.  (2) copies of your ACR card

11.  pay your fee

12.  HOWEVER, then you find out that Dumaguete BOI and other satellite offices cannot process your document until payment it is approved by the office in Cebu or Manila.  And (for some unknown reason) can't be done until January 14th, so you must come back then and pick up your passport and receipt.  This was not supposed to apply to just standard tourist visa, but the backlog of papers stacking up in their office indicated that it did not matter.  One of the girls was on the phone to Manila for 20 minutes because they did not understand this requirement and needed clarification.  Then her supervisor took over and talked for an additional 20 minutes.  But when he got off the phone, it was clear that he still did not comprehend any more than she did.  (It may be the case that I did not understand the reasoning either.  I was just overhearing the cross talk;  so if someone else could clarify this, I am sure we would all be grateful.)

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

Just trying to keep all this info together before it gets scattered through out various posts .... makes it very hard to follow ..... this in from a friend who has a website on happenings and advise on the Philippines ...... so he has info sent to him from all over the Phils ..... here is his latest comments .....

However, I think those with the 13a Visa are the ones being looked at closely. I read several articles on the Philippines Inquirer in the last week.

One article had headlines, BI Warns Foreigners of Fake Marriages. The article did not go into great detail but only that 4 Indian Nationals had been arrested for reporting a Filipina wife who did not exist. The article went on to say that as many as 400 Indian Nationals were being investigated. I guess they think if Indians can do it, so can others?

The other article stated that there are also a number of expats who bought a fake 13a Visa stamp for their passport. BI announced that they will grant amnesty to all those who come forward and admit it and report where they bought it. BI claims they will not deport them but will allow them to apply for the tourist visa.

It was not in Bacolod but another BI office ACO told an expat with the 13a to bring his wife in because he wanted to talk to her and verify they were still married. I also know for a fact that a number of expats, other than Indians, are no longer married to the Filipina who sponsored them for the 13a Visa and some are coming out of the woodwork on other groups, inquiring about the new, stricter annual reporting.

Some think their 13a Visa cannot be revoked if they split with their long time older wife and hook up with a younger Filipina! Others know they are about to be discovered!

As always, the inappropriate behavior of others messes it up for those who are legitimate! As one expat said, these guys should be taken out and horsewhipped! I am not going to agree that far, lol, but it is a shame.

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 2

Malcolm Graham
Posted
Posted

I was in Intermuros  Monday and they were taking fingerprints every finger of both hands plus the palm print.  As the annual report area is now a separate area didn't affect me apart from the number of bodies.  Tourist visa area was quite easy professional staff just people thinking they could just go to the window and jump the number system.  

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Hopefully this will be my last post on this subject ..... it appears that the BI has 3 different types of offices here in the Phils from what I have been able to gather .... not sure if the nomenclature is correct or not ..... but here goes ....

1) Regional (or main offices) ..... Manila ..... Davao and Cebu ..... anything and everything can be done here

2) Branches which includes .... Iloilo (not sure which others) .... most stuff can be done here except some stuff like applying for a 13a etc.

3) Satellites which includes Bacolod ..... Dumaguete ...... Mactan (and others) .... only minor things can be handled here 

Now the reason I say this is because anyone with a 13a or 13g (which involves being married to a Philippine citizen) must go to a Branch office to file their annual report ..... the reason I'm told is because of all the fraudulent marriages to get a 13a and those foreigners who dumped their original spouses (for whatever the reason) once the 13a was approved  ..... by signing the 4 page report and having it notarized and thumb prints placed on the paper you are certifying that the information you are giving is correct (you will notice they didn't say to the best of your ability which takes that loop-hole out) and you will have your 13a or 13g revoked and more than likely can be deported .... 

There have been numerous reports of a nationality (not named to prevent the PC crowd from going postal) where they have caught 10 or more with fake marriage licenses ...... and this is supposed to narrow down some of these dead heads ....

Now the following is purely conjecture on my part so do not hold me responsible for my thoughts ....  JMHO ......

But the way I see it if this doesn't work then next year or maybe later on they will ask us to appear at the BI with the person who signed your partition in person with ALL the legal documents supporting the filing of your 13a or 13g ..... it is far to easy in Manila to get ANY forged document from passports to a college degree for very little money ..... but like I said this is ....... JMHO ..... but that is what I would do if I didn't catch these criminals the way they are attempting to do it now .... :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Malcolm Graham
Posted
Posted

Now I'm going to upset some people now.  If the Philippines introduces a system to keep check on the foreign residents in their country it's bad.  But if the US government introduces systems that causes problems for visits by other nationals its still good because it helps security of the US.  Get real the BI want to know who is here.  And being American doesn't let you out of fulfilling those requirements

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted

If BOI would require the Filipina wife to be present when the Annual Report is submitted that would catch most people who are Permanent Residents with a fake marriage.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

If BOI would require the Filipina wife to be present when the Annual Report is submitted that would catch most people who are Permanent Residents with a fake marriage.

Depends on how much someone is willing to pay her...

:mocking:

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Now I'm going to upset some people now.  If the Philippines introduces a system to keep check on the foreign residents in their country it's bad.  But if the US government introduces systems that causes problems for visits by other nationals its still good because it helps security of the US.  Get real the BI want to know who is here.  And being American doesn't let you out of fulfilling those requirements

This applies to ALL foreign residents of the Philippines, it has nothing to with the US govt and "Americans". How can they possibly know "who is here" when foreign visitors with spouses who are either current or former Philippine citizens are allowed to walk in and stay for a year with only an initial in their passport - no registration, no renewals, no background check, no local address, no proof of financial capacity, nada. And keep doing it over and over. Seems like a rather large loophole. Perhaps they should close that, then deal with the inventory of foreign residents.

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted
Get real the BI want to know who is here.

Interesting comment ..... just a few of the checks they have but don't bother to use ..... if your in the country more than 6 months you are required to get an exit form from the BI ..... so they know who has left the country ..... every so many months you are required to extend your tourist visa .... so they know who is here and who has gone ...... the people on the SRRV are not required to visit the BI ANY time nor are they on this new form ..... BB tourists are not required to do anything either coming or going .....

As I said in my post above ONLY those here on the long term visas (SSRV and BB excluded) are required to go to the BI once a year to do an annual report ..... it is not about who is here but about who is on the correct visa and who isn't ..... 13a's with out real wives .... 13a's with original partitioner out of the picture ..... students who enrolled in school but dropped out and continue to live here ...... persons on work visas who shouldn't be or who should be and aren't .... 

And then there are those who enter on a tourist visa and disappear into the wood work who aren't going to follow ANY of the rules and regulations they might put into place ..... so until they do something with the illegal use some people do with the BB (you are required to be OUT of the country for 1 year before using it again) or keep tabs on the SRRV (they do have to make a payment once a year to the SRRV) they will continue to remain in the dark as to who is here and who isn't .....

Not sure why you picked on Americans as far as country security goes but I could care less ........ I will let you in on a little secrete .... shhhhhh don't tell anyone ..... but if you really want to enter the US and stay with out them knowing about it just enter from Mexico anywhere between Calif. and Texas and you are home free ..... literally hundreds of thousands of people do it yearly ....  :thumbsup:

• Like 2