Annual Report 2014

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)

But if a country brings out a new procedure that complies with the USA's fight against terrorism and drug trafficking that is wrong. Even though other countries the US and UK to mention two have even more stringent application procedures.  Take for instance the UK, to claim Tax credits I had to fill in a 12 page book even though through the tax system they already had all those details.  I've always found going on a visa run to be a pleasant day out and the staff have always been courteous and helpful. You can see that I am blaming USA's policies for the extra paperwork as the UK brought in a number  changes to comply with the USA's policies and we don't ask for aid.

Yes, I was going to post something along these lines but have not gotten around to it.  Look at the bureaucracy in your own country before being too critical about PH.  Certainly there are shortcomings but I certainly want my home country to be strict and gather a lot of information about non-citizens staying in my country for an extended period.

Edited by OnMyWay

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I have more than one friend who has talked about dropping off the radar.  Stuff like this will only encourage that kind of behavior.

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted

From comments I have heard some foreigners make I think some of them haven't had any contact with Immigration for years. If they can stay out of any kind of trouble they may not get caught for many years. There have been news stories where someone was finally caught after living in the Philippines illegally for over 20 years. Some illegals have left the Philippines by applying for a new passport by claiming they lost their passport. Then they can leave the Philippines and reenter like its their first visit.

I could understand collecting the information required on the 4 page report if it was a requirement to obtain Permanent Resident or Citizenship but requesting this information each year after you are already a Permanent Resident or Citizen doesn't make any sense.

Some of the most important information that BOI and our Embassies in the Philippines need from foreigners they never ask for.  When a foreigner dies or is killed in the Philippines and doesn't have any relatives in the Philippines then no one in the Philippines is authorized to sign to have the foreigner's body buried or cremated. Why doesn't BOI ask us for the names of our closest relatives, their addresses, phone numbers and email addresses?   Then they would know who to contact after the foreigner's death. I knew a single foreigner who was living on Cebu when he died almost 2 years ago and his body is still in a mortuary freezer waiting for a family member to sign the authorization to cremate his body.  The Embassy was able to contact some of his family members in his home country but it took so many months to contact them that no one was willing to accept the financial responsibility to pay his huge bill at the mortuary.

Malcolm Graham
Posted
Posted

Aren't your parents and dependent children which this form asks for just the people you are saying they don't ask for

• Like 1

Tortuga
Posted
Posted

Today I went to do this at the Santa Rosa field office only to be told that they had received a memo not to accept any more applications for the annual report and to direct foreigners to file the annual report at the main office Manila. No reason was given?  

Americano
Posted
Posted (edited)

Aren't your parents and dependent children which this form asks for just the people you are saying they don't ask for

Yes, for some foreigners but not for all. When someone is old enough to retire and move to the Philippines to live there's a very good chance that their parents are no longer alive. And, every foreigner doesn't have children. BOI thinks everyone has about a dozen children like in the Philippines. My mother died in 1980 and my father in 1997. I had 2 sons. One died last year in a car wreck and I haven't had any contact with my other son in years. I don't even know if he's married or still single so I sure don't know his wife's name and Passport number.  I have 2 sisters that I have contact with but their information is not a requirement. One of my sisters has a Passport and I think she's the only one in my family that has a Passport besides me.

The closest living relative of the foreigner who died 2 years ago was his sister. He didn't have any children or living parents.

I know another foreigner in Cebu who doesn't have any children but I don't know if his parents are still alive.

Edited by Americano

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Got this info in an email ..... kinda makes sense but then people running from the law DON'T go to the BI to fill out forms or if they do don't give correct info ....... lets face it those flying under the radar don't plan on getting caught so this is just like spitting into the wind ..... JMHO

The story going around is that in mid 2013, a foreigner child rapist was discovered in the Philippines and he was arrested. He was on the International Wanted List and even on the Philippines Blacklist but he was allowed back in the Philippines, under his real name. President Aquino ordered an audit of BI and check on the names of foreigners. Several other wanted international criminals were discovered and arrested. So, this is supposedly why the expanded procedures in doing the BI Annual Report in 2014.

I'll have more info later this afternoon when we go down to the BI here to see what all the hoopla is all about .... I'll try to give a detailed report on the info asked for .... as I too have no living dependents or parents in which to report on the form .....

:cheersty:

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Well as promised ...... it is a complete cluster-f^#k here in Bacolod ..... they don't have any idea what to answer you ......  a simple little question like do I use my current address or the one on my ACR I card met with mass confusion .... the girl said we had to go to IlloIllo to get my card changed before we could file the annual report ..... a PITA but not earth shattering (even though it isn't due till next year) .... so we asked so then we come back here to turn in the Annual report and she said but then you will have to go back to IllioIllio to pay so you might just as well do everything while you are there ...... WTF ..... all answers begin with "this is a new policy and just came out" ..... looks like all the different offices just want to pass the buck and send you some where else ......

I know of at least 3 other people here in Bacolod who went and had no problems ..... leave it to me to get zapped ......

I wonder if when I go back in a few weeks I can just use the ACR I address on the form instead of my present one .... as it will take months to get the new ACR I card back from Manila and by then the Annual Registration will be over and I'm sure I will get stuck with a penalty ....

robert k
Posted
Posted

Here in the US I used to use a permanent address so I would not have to keep getting a new drivers licence with correct address or constantly update addresses for banks, card companies and so on. I didn't think I would need to do it in the RP but I guess my finacees parents farm could be our permanent address.....if it's not a crime in the RP punishable by imprisonment to use a permanent address. :1 (103):

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted

Is the form we can get at Immigration printed on both sides?  I can print it at home but I won't to be sure if I should print on one side or both sides.