Annual Report 2014

jpbago
Posted
Posted

If BOI would require the Filipina wife to be present when the Annual Report is submitted that would catch most people who are Permanent Residents with a fake marriage.

Yes, same as what is required for the BB visa now.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

As I said in my post above ONLY those here on the long term visas (SSRV and BB excluded) are required to go to the BI once a year to do an annual report

Mike, I will agree with your post in the main but here in  Dumaguete, we have a very Large and Downright Unacceptable Situation, It appears that the field Office, has not done some Reporting for quite a long time, to Manila, There are people here that do not show up in Manilas Records as Yearly Reported, some up to 4 years. so it is off the Cebu they go and Hope, that the OR"S they hold for these missing years Reportings are Kosha. If not, I wonder what will crawl out of the Wood work. There are Excuses on Excuses about a reason for this. Seems to me that the PI Immigration is Totally Useless, more than that, criminally Inept, to say the Least

And then there are those who enter on a tourist visa and disappear into the wood work who aren't going to follow ANY of the rules and regulations they might put into place ..

I can see this becoming an every day occurrence and they (BOI) have only themselves to blame.

:tiphat:

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Get real the BI want to know who is here.

Interesting comment ..... just a few of the checks they have but don't bother to use ..... if your in the country more than 6 months you are required to get an exit form from the BI ..... so they know who has left the country ..... every so many months you are required to extend your tourist visa .... so they know who is here and who has gone ...... the people on the SRRV are not required to visit the BI ANY time nor are they on this new form ..... BB tourists are not required to do anything either coming or going .....

As I said in my post above ONLY those here on the long term visas (SSRV and BB excluded) are required to go to the BI once a year to do an annual report ..... it is not about who is here but about who is on the correct visa and who isn't ..... 13a's with out real wives .... 13a's with original partitioner out of the picture ..... students who enrolled in school but dropped out and continue to live here ...... persons on work visas who shouldn't be or who should be and aren't ....

And then there are those who enter on a tourist visa and disappear into the wood work who aren't going to follow ANY of the rules and regulations they might put into place ..... so until they do something with the illegal use some people do with the BB (you are required to be OUT of the country for 1 year before using it again) or keep tabs on the SRRV (they do have to make a payment once a year to the SRRV) they will continue to remain in the dark as to who is here and who isn't .....

Not sure why you picked on Americans as far as country security goes but I could care less ........ I will let you in on a little secrete .... shhhhhh don't tell anyone ..... but if you really want to enter the US and stay with out them knowing about it just enter from Mexico anywhere between Calif. and Texas and you are home free ..... literally hundreds of thousands of people do it yearly .... :thumbsup:

:cheersty:

First - the Americans and country security point by Malcolm G? Probably because some of the first full objections were made by Americans members. Hey! What's fair in BI and US Immigration's Services... :)

Second - the Mexicans have all given up on life in the USA and are only passing through on their way to Canada...

Talked to my friendly contact at the Philippine embassy here and, as far as he knows, BB is still working the same as always. Yes, it does say 1 year out of country on the books but they were all told several years so to ignore that part. The whole point was to get more people coming to the Philippines. Nothing more new that he is aware of on that.

One point on this thread... Keep hearing people asking about "dependent" children who are in their 30s and don't live with them? These are not Dependents! You are not their main or sole means of support! Mark this as NA... Nostra Americanus... Nuetra Appopiprius... Nada Appictious... Not Applicable!

Sent by using a very long piece of string, a couple tin cans, 2 gaseous monkeys, Tapatalk and my Nexus 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Yes, it does say 1 year out of country on the books but they were all told several years so to ignore that part.

BOB! this all well and good that end, it is what happens at the point of Entry that can causes the problem, we have had reports of Denied Entry on a BB quite recently at Manila. She was only out of the country 2 days to meet her Husband in KL.

For me, I would just not want any problems with one saying one thing and another saying something else. At the point of Entry,  they that stamp the Passport, gets the last Word  :1 (103):

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Yes, it does say 1 year out of country on the books but they were all told several years so to ignore that part.

BOB! this all well and good that end, it is what happens at the point of Entry that can causes the problem, we have had reports of Denied Entry on a BB quite recently at Manila. She was only out of the country 2 days to meet her Husband in KL.

For me, I would just not want any problems with one saying one thing and another saying something else. At the point of Entry, they that stamp the Passport, gets the last Word :1 (103):

That's the quandary, isn't it? So was this a newby who didn't know the rules? Or have the change to the rules been cancelled? I did what I can here... Now somebody will have to step up and ask those with the stamp.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Or have the change to the rules been cancelled?

Seems our new BOI Commissioner's broom is sweeping clean, too clean in some areas, what he doesn't realise, is that he is only moving the dirt around, not removing it.

It would appear, that in his view, relaxing something, That then, gets out of hand, should be reviewed. I can guess that BB boxes will be next on the list  :th_unfair:  but who knows, what he will do next. We thought Ricardo David jnr was bad enough, This one seems so intent on interpreting the Law  his way, he has lost all reason  :unsure:

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

It was through the office of the president that the 1 year rule was not followed. It was never removed, just kind of ignored for a bit. The thought was that some people would come home and decide to stay... Decide to switch to what ever Visa was appropriate for them. Not another BB year. But it wasn't working... Not enough takers. So the 1 year rule was relaxed so that maybe, just maybe, this would be enough for the BB group to look into making the move more permanent and getting their proper Visas. Unfortunately nobody really saw what the idea was other than a free way to stay in the country.

Sent by using a very long piece of string, a couple tin cans, 2 gaseous monkeys, Tapatalk and my Nexus 4

MikeB
Posted
Posted

The thought was that some people would come home and decide to stay... Decide to switch to what ever Visa was appropriate for them. Not another BB year. But it wasn't working... Not enough takers. So the 1 year rule was relaxed so that maybe, just maybe, this would be enough for the BB group to look into making the move more permanent and getting their proper Visas. Unfortunately nobody really saw what the idea was other than a free way to stay in the country.

I'm not saying you're wrong but that's certainly not the stated mission of the law. If you put aside the flowery rhetoric ("In recognition of your contribution blah, blah") what it's about is getting former citizens who have escaped to come back from overseas, spend their hard-earned yankee dollars, and leave. That's exactly what the Dept of Tourism, the administrator of the law, wants - more tourists, not permanent residents. 

• Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted
what it's about is getting former citizens who have escaped to come back from overseas, spend their hard-earned yankee dollars, and leave. That's exactly what the Dept of Tourism, the administrator of the law, wants - more tourists, not permanent residents.

:th_thbestpost: :th_thbestpost: :th_thbestpost: ....... :AddEmoticons04230: :AddEmoticons04230:  ..... thank you for that MikeB ..... I have been preaching that for years but for some reason most people don't see it ..... all you have to do is see how the government reacts to how other countries treat the Filipinos there and how much bitching they do about it and then look at how they treat the foreigners here in the Phils and you can see the irony ..... if it wasn't so sad it would be laughable .... :thumbsup:

:cheersty:

Malcolm Graham
Posted
Posted

Yes I made the point because it did seem that the American members were complaining loudest.  The comments I made were both from me and the lass sat next to me reading this.  Also the SRRV visa requires an annual payment of $360 or it is revoked. plus they do have a deposit initially and lots of paperwork.  When the BI frontline desks move to NAIA or a new office in Makati,  which seems to be the plan as reported in the papers beginning of the year, there could be even more rules enforced.