Annual Report 2014

Markham
Posted
Posted

Any thoughts on how it will be applied to me in the coming months?

Don, you'll be fine. Just leave the country as planned (in Feb?) and return. You won't be charged the Annual Report fee as your initial 30 days as a visitor will not end until March :)

I'm not worried about the fee but if I have to fill out that form I want to start now so I will have it done by February!   :hystery:

Good job you didn't apply for a UK Fiancé Visa and got married there. The form you'd then need to complete to extend your stay, FLR(M), contains no fewer than 51 pages - to which you may need to attach one or more continuation sheets!

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

It looks like a one size fits most kind of form.  Some sections just do not apply to me.  But I wish there were some instructions to clear up how to proceed with it.  Mothers Passport?  She never had one.  Only answer is N/A/

V. DEPENDENT/S’ INFORMATION [including those residing abroad]
NAME OF ALL LIVING CHILDREN (as appearing on the passport)

I have living children - they are not dependents - and what do you mean as appearing on passport?  On their passport?  Most Americans don't have passports.

Thomas
Posted
Posted

It looks like a one size fits most kind of form.  Some sections just do not apply to me.  But I wish there were some instructions to clear up how to proceed with it.  Mothers Passport?  She never had one.  Only answer is N/A/

I have living children - they are not dependents - and what do you mean as appearing on passport?  On their passport?  Most Americans don't have passports.

I suppouse the purpouse with the form is figuering out how much money foreigners have left after deducting what's needed for dependents, so they know how much money there are to take from us   :)

It say "DEPENDENTS" so if not having any, then it's easy to fill that part of the form  :)   =Just tell there aren't any.

But NOTE! For you who have income in RP, you can get TAX DEDUCTION for dependents (up to a maximum numbers. I believe it's 5. I don't know if they count dependents living anywhere or only them living in RP.)

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:unsure:  :89:  Surely? this Annual Reprting will only affect those on Long Stay Visas or Temporary/Permanent residents. Those on 9a Tourist Extensions, report every 2 months. They know, we are still here and paying. To me, it is a way of seeing if the long stays, are still here at a Given time in any Year and not doing any other Reporting.

Just My Opinion of course, anything else I would think, is Sinister and  marks the definite start, of a new  " Lets get rich quick Scam"   :bonk:

At our Expense of Course, Legally and of Course, very Transparent. :hystery:  :1 (103):

post-2148-0-20869700-1388463227_thumb.jp

post-2148-0-06870200-1388463252_thumb.jp

:tiphat:

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)
Surely? this Annual Reporting will only affect those on Long Stay Visas or Temporary/Permanent residents.

That is correct Jack ..... so far from what I can make out it is just for 13a permanent and temporary .... students .... work visas as far as I see .... 

Also the form is not quite as bad as I first thought as it applies to me BUT there are some questions as to what some of it means .... also someone I know went down yesterday and he said they are VERY picky as to the info you supply and how it is placed in the boxes .... (but some was his fault as he didn't read the instructions .... clearly says "as on your passport") ..... any mistakes and you have fill out the form again to make the changes and have it re-notarized ..... I emailed him some questions about filling in info on parents and children and I'll let you know when I get an answer ....

In Bacolod you have to go outside the office to get it notarized even though it says it must be done in the presents of a BI rep. ..... so I'm sure things will vary form BI office to BI office ..... sound familiar .....  :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

I have a question about how do you do the thumb print if you have someone do the registration for you ..... it clearly states that if you are over 65 .... disabled (proof) or in the hospital .... jail (yea love to see how they handle that one .... :mocking: ) you can have someone like your asawa do it for you .... maybe as the thumb printing here is so horrible she could just use hers ..... :thumbsup: :mocking: :mocking: :mocking:

:cheersty:

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks Mike for sharing the information with us and please continue sharing what you learn about the new form.

Here's another question you could ask.

I have a son who is 39 years old. He's not a child and he doesn't have I passport so should I leave the block blank or provide his name?

Did you find out what ICR Number is?

Edited by Americano

Malcolm Graham
Posted
Posted

But if a country brings out a new procedure that complies with the USA's fight against terrorism and drug trafficking that is wrong. Even though other countries the US and UK to mention two have even more stringent application procedures.  Take for instance the UK, to claim Tax credits I had to fill in a 12 page book even though through the tax system they already had all those details.  I've always found going on a visa run to be a pleasant day out and the staff have always been courteous and helpful. You can see that I am blaming USA's policies for the extra paperwork as the UK brought in a number  changes to comply with the USA's policies and we don't ask for aid.

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

I started to gather info from people that have actually gone to the BI and will list the info as I receive it ....... so far here is what I've gotten ..... will continue

2014 ANNUAL REPORT

They are after all the info. I did not know the parents passport numbers so just put NA for those. Not sure they even got passports anymore tbh. You end up putting wife details in twice for the 13A peeps. As spouse and as petitioner for you.

Make sure you use the address which is on your ACR card as your address when you fill in the form.I filled in NA in every question which had the space for it and which was not relevant. In the certification box you do at the notary use your full christian and surnames exactly as on the ACR.

When writing age in the age boxes start at the far left 2 boxes. This leaves the 3rd box empty. Take passport and ACR card. Fee is still P310. Do not try correcting mistakes. Get a new form. 

Well just back. Call me dunce. New copy of form and try again. They are picky with it. My 3 mistakes - In the age box start from the far left space. (not sensible but whatever). My name I wrote as usual T. Hanlon. Wrong. Must be fully spelled out.

I also put down the ICR number instead of the ACR I number - the correct number is the one above flag - mine begins with F0000. Gotta now have notarized again and back tomorrow - lol. Photos need to be 2" x 2" color on white background. Also I believe they need 4 copies ...... (I think this is a mistake here as I read they only need 2 copies one pasted on the form and 1 extra for god knows what) .....

Just found and added this .........

Well got it done now. The boss there originally said 4 but it was the original plus 1 copy.

You need to find your own notary and they normally do the thumb prints. They DO NOT do it at the office. Fee remains P310. They have started suggesting you fill one copy in "rough" get it checked then go away and do the final copies , get them notarized etc.

Take passport and ACR for them to check against your filled in form. If you do it before you get there make sure the copy is back to back. No mistakes are allowed on the form. If you make a correction then its a whole new form needed.

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

Now I'm getting reports from other parts of the Phils .... like Angeles ..... that they didn't have to fill out any forms except the same as they did last year .... just walk in present your card pay your money and walk out ...... 

As can be expected different strokes for different folks I guess .... each BI office is run like it's own little kingdom anyway ..... "BUT IT'S MORE FUN IN THE PHILIPPINES" ..... :mocking: :mocking:

:cheersty:

Just got this email ......

Yep, there are a lot of different reports from other parts of the Philippines. One expat, who lives in Surigao, reported that he was told he must go to Cebu City BI to do his Annual Report because the local BI did not have the machines to process the new forms! He was sad because he said it would cost him about P5,000 in expenses to make that trip, counting RT transportation, lodging, eating and the P310 BI fee. Too bad!

Edited by Mike S

Americano
Posted
Posted

It sounds like the BOI office in Gaisano on Mactan provide limited services. Does anyone know if the Annual Report can be submitted there?  It would be nice to avoid the big crowd and lines at Mandaue.