Best Place To Find Wife?

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Jollygood advice, fellow you can use a dating site like filipino cupid  or whatever and set up some screens other wise you will be inundated with replies from young beautiful women.  We will show you how to prevent this because at your age and inexperience that could be hazardous to  your health, ours too ,as we would strive to help a member and our wives would hurt us.

​In order to skip all the unnecessary grief going through hundreds of photos and sad tales of the beauties put what you really want in the profile.  For myself I wrote I wished a wealthy and beautiful women who would send her jet, or first class ticket to me for a weekend or even a week, I would then fly and meet her and spend a bit of time on her yacht.  That cut the responses to less than 200, so I then screened for over 35 this cut it to less than 75, now add blonde or redhead and you're down to 25 or so, a much more manageable number.

I think some of the respondents either died or fibbed about their hair, nothing else though as it is the internet so iit must be true.   

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted

Gerald Glatt has an interesting take on the online winnowing of the pack :). I did not discriminate due to economic status, myself though. I set the absolute bottom age limit at 25 because I wanted a person who had some life experience and fully formed, not someone fresh out of high school who did not know what they really want. I was really looking for a woman of about 30, who was holding a job and had some education, 30 because I have never had children and I wanted my wife to have some child bearing years left without having to start as soon as i set foot off the plane, plain and simple. I did wind up with a 25 year old bookkeeper, very intelligent. She stood out head and shoulders above the rest because she did not use text slang when she wrote. She is also 5' 9" and literally stands head and shoulders above many women there, so much it made her self conscious and worried that I would not like her because she was not diminutive in size. She considered herself an old maid at the ripe old age of 25 :). My fiancee is from the island of Mindoro and from living there for a month, I find the people there quite conservative. The RP varies widely with high tech cities and farming done by hand and probably has something for evryone to favor. Just use patience with your heart and in your search for a place to settle to make sure that both suit you. :tiphat:

• Like 2

Americano
Posted
Posted

Gerald Glatt has an interesting take on the online winnowing of the pack :). I did not discriminate due to economic status, myself though. I set the absolute bottom age limit at 25 because I wanted a person who had some life experience and fully formed, not someone fresh out of high school who did not know what they really want. I was really looking for a woman of about 30, who was holding a job and had some education, 30 because I have never had children and I wanted my wife to have some child bearing years left without having to start as soon as i set foot off the plane, plain and simple. I did wind up with a 25 year old bookkeeper, very intelligent. She stood out head and shoulders above the rest because she did not use text slang when she wrote. She is also 5' 9" and literally stands head and shoulders above many women there, so much it made her self conscious and worried that I would not like her because she was not diminutive in size. She considered herself an old maid at the ripe old age of 25 :). My fiancee is from the island of Mindoro and from living there for a month, I find the people there quite conservative. The RP varies widely with high tech cities and farming done by hand and probably has something for evryone to favor. Just use patience with your heart and in your search for a place to settle to make sure that both suit you. :tiphat:

Thanks for sharing your story.

She considered herself an old maid at the ripe old age of 25 because if she did like many Filipina girls she would have became a baby factory when a teenager and already have several babies when you met her.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

I consider my fiancee to be a remarkable woman. :) She refuses to sell her vote and will not vote for anyone she knows nothing about!

• Like 5

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I consider my fiancee to be a remarkable woman. :) She refuses to sell her vote and will not vote for anyone she knows nothing about!

:thumbsup:

The Philippines need more such people.

Perhaps she will be president  :)

robert k
Posted
Posted

Thomas, I would rather keep her alive. Politics is no place for a smart, honest person with a conscience. At least not these days. :no:

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Thomas, I would rather keep her alive. Politics is no place for a smart, honest person with a conscience. At least not these days. :no:

Yes. A very popular Thai bussinesman was asked in a TV show interview if he couldn't be president in Thailand to solve the problems, expected to be elected if trying, because of his popularity, but he answered he better stay out of politics...   :)

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

Filipinas make good wifes? What statement is that? Are you talking about people or certain breed of cows?

• Like 2

Albert Russell
Posted
Posted (edited)

There are a few things to consider.  First, do you have the time and money to make a trip to the Philippines in the next few months to meet a girl and to see if you want to  actually live there?

If not, then starting a search is premature. 

If you do, then my adivce to you would be to join a good dating site.   The major screening I would do is that if a girl asks you for money, just move and find someone else.  75% of the girls are nice, but 25% are looking for money, and will give you every sob story imaginable to separate you from a few hundred dollars.  Anyone who brings up their financial problems early in a chat relationship likes money far more than they like you.  I am not at all against being generous with a Filipina, but do so after you are sure of who she is, and that usually means after you meet her in person.  

Another tip...always be sure that you chat on webcam with a girl before you make any commitment. Many have lovely pictures, but they are not the girl in the picture. Anyone who you still do not see on cam after 3-4 chats is probably not real. They might claim they have no cam at home, but any girl who is interested in you can spend 20P and go the nearest internet cafe and chat on cam with you for a few minutes to prove she is the girl in the picture.

You have the option of meeting one girl or meeting many.  Keep in mind that Filipinas can be extremely jealous and most will not want to see you for anything more than lunch or dinner if they think you are seeing several other girls. There are exceptions to this rule of course.  Probably best to honest with your intentions in that regard to the girls.   Most of these girls are sweethearts and deserve to know your intentions up front. 

If you do your search diligently and are a nice human being, you will be rewarded by meeting a wonderful Filipina in this fashion. In my experience most are just as nice in person as they in chatting.....but always keep in mind that the same girl you are chatting with is also chatting with a dozen other guys as well. The temptation for these girls to see more than one guy is pretty high until you actually marry her.  I recently found out that the Filipina love of my life cheated on me, and got pregnant with another foreign guy...so never assume anything when you are 9000 miles away from your girlfriend. 

Good luck !

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
removed dating sites as per rules
  • Like 3

robert k
Posted
Posted

Albert has some small justice on his side when he says that it may be premature looking online if you can't visit in the next few months. Me personally I had the capability but I did not rush. I was chatting with filipinas for about 2.5 years before I ever visited. I have noticed that many filipinos rush things, if you like each other, you should get married, right away. You need to deal with that, while so many are nice, that doesn't mean you are suited to each other. I have noticed that many of what I would term the most successful couples chatted long term before they ever met, spent more time getting to know each other well before deciding that they will unite. I chatted with my fiancee for 8 months before we decided that we were exclusive and I was coming to see her. When I arrived, within a month my future father in law was getting impatient because I had not yet proposed marriage after a month. Father in law also wanted to set the date for the wedding and he was crestfallen when I told him I knew that it would not happen when he wanted it to because I had to return to the states and take care of some matters. Then too, it's going to take time to marry in the RP, a month at best to meet all requirements and I figure it will take 3 months because I'm not going to run around like a chicken with my head cut off. Get to know each other. It took me a month of chatting to get my now fiancee to not call me Sir Robert, of course that led me to believe that she might be the one for me, of the many accolades I have been favored with, she was the first to grant me a knighthood! :)

I don't care what country you are in, you should know a person for 8 months, in person before you get married. Most people can't stay on their best behavior for more than six months. If they can stay on their best behavior for 8 months to a year, they missed their calling and should have been an actor or a sleeper spy. :)

• Like 2