Best Place To Find Wife?

Albert Russell
Posted
Posted

Can I pitch in my 2 cents here? :)

OK .. here it goes...

Albert, and despite his due diligence, thought he had met his love of his life and spent 8 moths of chatting with her to discover that she had cheated on him!

What does that tell you?

It tells you that online relationship is not going to work (some readers might object). So, you better move there first and look around when you are there.

This is marriage. Which means, you would be giving your keys to another person. If you do this online, then I'd have to assume that it's not important to you hence, you'd deserve what you get :bash:

It's always better to do this in person. And if you ever do it online, don't send a single penny no matter!

Being naive myself. I thought it would be a good idea to do a simple scan of some candidates before checking personally.

But after several online years, at the end, and after some 70+ women, I came to one conclusion. It's all a scam!

Alby,

You need to read my post more carefully.... I never said anything at all about how long I knew my ex-gf. I had actually known her more than 4 years and visited her several times.   It was only after she got tired of waiting for me that she went out on me.  It still sucks, but I was the one that insisted that she go out with her girlfriends on weekends and enjoy the various discos and karaoke bars in the Cebu area so that she would have something to do.

Both her sisters met their husbands online, and had great marriages.   I know plenty of girls I chatted with in the past who ended up in great marriages.    In my case, due to a job loss, I just had to wait too long to pull the trigger.   

I would to the same thing again in the heartbeat...but this time (moving there next January and will visit again soon), I will be able to consummate the relationship much faster.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

American32, you won't learn much from the men who tell you they met a Filipina online, came here and are still together after 25 years. Life is not 100% success. You have to talk to the men who have met many online who scammed them, then after they came to the PI to meet their special someones, they had 10 failed relationships. You can learn from them.

If you want to get rich, look at what the poor people are doing and don't do it!

Well. Better learn from BOTH types and count success chance for different actions  :)

Alby
Posted
Posted

Can I pitch in my 2 cents here? :)

OK .. here it goes...

Albert, and despite his due diligence, thought he had met his love of his life and spent 8 moths of chatting with her to discover that she had cheated on him!

What does that tell you?

It tells you that online relationship is not going to work (some readers might object). So, you better move there first and look around when you are there.

This is marriage. Which means, you would be giving your keys to another person. If you do this online, then I'd have to assume that it's not important to you hence, you'd deserve what you get :bash:

It's always better to do this in person. And if you ever do it online, don't send a single penny no matter!

Being naive myself. I thought it would be a good idea to do a simple scan of some candidates before checking personally.

But after several online years, at the end, and after some 70+ women, I came to one conclusion. It's all a scam!

Alby,

You need to read my post more carefully.... I never said anything at all about how long I knew my ex-gf. I had actually known her more than 4 years and visited her several times.   It was only after she got tired of waiting for me that she went out on me.  It still sucks, but I was the one that insisted that she go out with her girlfriends on weekends and enjoy the various discos and karaoke bars in the Cebu area so that she would have something to do.

Both her sisters met their husbands online, and had great marriages.   I know plenty of girls I chatted with in the past who ended up in great marriages.    In my case, due to a job loss, I just had to wait too long to pull the trigger.   

I would to the same thing again in the heartbeat...but this time (moving there next January and will visit again soon), I will be able to consummate the relationship much faster.

Sorry for that!

I didn't know she had to wait 4 years while you just visited! Women!!

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I didn't know she had to wait 4 years while you just visited! Women!!

If you're not ready for the commitment of marriage for financial (or whatever) reason it's wise to wait. In my view it shows good judgement, especially in a country that doesn't allow divorce. Of course a lot of guys jump into it with barely a thought. They're usually the ones writing sweeping generalizations like, "It's all a scam".  

• Like 3

Alby
Posted
Posted (edited)

I assume my comment about her waiting was taken as sarcastically? :mocking:

As for the scam thing, I do believe in "Never ever generalize" but I guess talking on a weak textual medium would require a lot of explanations?

One website I found talking about the subject has this article. 

It's  a collection of blogs of an American who went to the Philippines and talking about his experiences in a very candid way.

Edited by MikeB
Removed link to blog

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Quite a few of us first found our life partners (and mothers of our children) on so-called "dating sites"; so while they may be "mostly" or "partly" a scam,  I don't think you can accurately say they are "all" a scam.

Alby
Posted
Posted

Quite a few of us first found our life partners (and mothers of our children) on so-called "dating sites"; so while they may be "mostly" or "partly" a scam,  I don't think you can accurately say they are "all" a scam.

There was no way for me to visit all sites and say ALL were scam?

When I said, "it's all a scam", I meant that particular one website and after 70+ 'females'!

Sorry again if I ever hurt any feelings.

Albert Russell
Posted
Posted
Sorry for that!   I didn't know she had to wait 4 years while you just visited! Women!!

No problem Alby...I had met her in January 2009, when i still had a cushy 6-figure job.    I had assumed that two more years of savings would allow me to move there in 2010/11 with her.  Instead of that, the recession hit in full force, and i lost my job shortly thereafter.  With two kids in college and almost no income the last 4-5 years, my savings evaporated in a hurry.

Bad situation all around.  

I can start hitting my 401K's now, and will have social security before too long..i will be able to retire with a modest amount of money soon....i just will not quite be flying first class coming and going, but will be able to survive fine over there...i hope.

• Like 2

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well for what it's worth this is my experience, come here and then go online, it won't take long and your in box will be full of msg's from young ladies wanting to meet you, once they see you are living here you will have 6 to 8 requests a day for a meet. You will be able to sort most of the scammers out by not even meeting them, just by the things they say to you online, the one's you meet, you will also know first meeting whether they are worth spending some time getting to know them or not, maybe and just maybe you will meet a girl worth the time and trouble. One of the best bits of advice I got on here was from Americano's wife, who said when you take them out, go window shopping and buy them a small gift and see her reaction when you buy it for her, you will know when you do it, looks speak a thousand words. I was lucky the girl I have met seems and I say seems to be doing all the right things, am I being scammed, well at this stage I would say no, maybe she is working on the long game, but no red flags have come up yet. There are lot's of pretty girls here looking for a man, lot's, just think with your big head and you will be ok, do what you would do in your own country when dating, be careful but I can tell you it's loads and loads of fun here, enjoy.

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 2

Americano
Posted
Posted

Frosty,

My wife, Manilyn wants me to clarify something and add to it.

You got it right but its not the size of the gift, its the price that they will be looking at. Buy her a gift that only costs 100 pesos and see if she likes it. And, do it more than one time because she could pretend that she likes it. And, pretend that you are very thrifty with money, then you will know who is the best woman because the best woman will stay and the others will leave you.

• Like 3