Best Place To Find Wife?

Jake
Posted
Posted

Generally speaking, let's talk about apples and oranges. I don't know about the typical WalFarts in your state of Indiana, but here in southern CA, I need to clean up in aisle 6 because of self induced vomiting.....he, he. The WalFart babes even have double, triple cleavages all over their grossly overweight bodies and they tend to proudly expose their attributes by wearing some outrages clothing. Now go to the MOA (Mall of Asia) or any shopping centers in the Philippines and you will immediate see the difference. Make sure you bring your binoculars and hang out with the rest of expats under the escalators.
Yes. But some bloody in RP pupular china chips has started to sabotage it  :bash:    supported by many Filipins WANT to get fat, because - as I suppouse you know, but I tell to them who don't know  :)   -  many Filipins think fat is a sign for being rich, although in USA it's normaly the poor, who are most fat...   :)

One of the cultures practiced in the Philippines is having the appearance of a Buddha.  It's a Chinese thing of course

and being overweight and out of shape is quite common, even among the poor working class.  A case in point is the

typical PNP cop or someone with the attitude of "don't you know who I am?"  

But of course, I could be one of those fat and out shape guys sampling halo-halo each day and chasing it down with

some cold San Magoo.  Perhaps I could get lucky with the ladies by showing off my fat belly with no ass, as long as

I'm treated like a VIP, walking around like my chit don't stink.    

davewe
Posted
Posted

A good wife to me is loyal, intelligent, loving, obedient, and yes submissive.

The S word is a thread in and of itself. Are Filipinas obedient and submissive? I am a newlywed so perhaps I don't have the right to a real opinion about this, but that never stopped me before :)

If by obedient and submissive a guy wants a girl who will simply do what he tells her to, king of the hill, king of the castle - that sort of thing - then the answer I believe is - no, they are not. They may appear to go along but ultimately they will do what they like, and surprisingly they will train you in short order to do what they like as well.

If on the other hand you mean that you don't want a Western women's propensity to criticize a guy's every action, thought or decision - then a Filipina might fit your notion of a good wife.

It's often been described to me this way; a Filipina will often defer to your judgment or decision making skills - but you'd damn well better make the right decision :)

My wife is a bit shy and deferential to me. Yet somehow she almost always manages to get what she wants.

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I shared your thoughts with my wife....... She enjoyed a long laugh to do with submissive obedient Filipinas. Just so the topic starter understands intelligent and loving are a given in most cases the later, not so much.

• Like 4

american32
Posted
Posted

Sounds like you're interested in the Philippines because you've heard the myth that Asian women are unassertive, compliant, and subservient. Don't believe it. Marriage is an equal partnership. If you can't grasp that concept get a dog. 

Well ultimately there really is no reason for americans to go and seek a wife in the phillipines, if they arent better behaved and more submissive. While i disagree that all phillipine women are submissive, they better be more obediant and subserviant than american women, or americans wouldnt be with them.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Well ultimately there really is no reason for americans to go and seek a wife in the phillipines, if they arent better behaved and more submissive. While i disagree that all phillipine women are submissive, they better be more obediant and subserviant than american women, or americans wouldnt be with them.

It's "Philippines". You may think the women are subservient (or whatever) but cross the wrong one (or the family) and you can end up in little pieces. The stereotypes and generalizations aren't necessarily true, the culture is much more complex than it seems on surface. Before looking for the "best place to find a wife" like you're shopping for a steak or a carburetor, take some time and learn a little about it. 

• Like 5

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Mate sounds like you're after something that doesn't really exist anywhere in the modern world.  This was written in a woman's magazine in the 50's; is this what you're after?

Here's the article in plain text for those with slow connections: 

The Good Wife's GuideFrom Housekeeping Monthly, 13 May, 1955.

• Have dinner ready. Plan ahead, even the night before, to have a delicious meal ready on time for his return. This is a way of letting him know that you have be thinking about him and are concerned about his needs. Most men are hungry when they get home and the prospect of a good meal is part of the warm welcome needed.
  • Prepare yourself. Take 15 minutes to rest so you'll be refreshed when he arrives. Touch up your make-up, put a ribbon in your hair and be fresh-looking. He has just been with a lot of work-weary people.
  • Be a little gay and a little more interesting for him. His boring day may need a lift and one of your duties is to provide it.
  • Clear away the clutter. Make one last trip through the main part of the house just before your husband arrives. Run a dustcloth over the tables.
  • During the cooler months of the year you should prepare and light a fire for him to unwind by. Your husband will feel he has reached a haven of rest and order, and it will give you a lift too. After all, catering to his comfort will provide you with immense personal satisfaction.
  • Minimize all noise. At the time of his arrival, eliminate all noise of the washer, dryer or vacuum. Encourage the children to be quiet.
  • Be happy to see him.
  • Greet him with a warm smile and show sincerity in your desire to please him.
  • Listen to him. You may have a dozen important things to tell him, but the moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first - remember, his topics of conversation are more important than yours.
  • Don't greet him with complaints and problems.
  • Don't complain if he's late for dinner or even if he stays out all night. Count this as minor compared to what he might have gone through at work.
  • Make him comfortable. Have him lean back in a comfortable chair or lie him down in the bedroom. Have a cool or warm drink ready for him.
  • Arrange his pillow and offer to take off his shoes. Speak in a low, soothing and pleasant voice.
  • Don't ask him questions about his actions or question his judgment or integrity. Remember, he is the master of the house and as such will always exercise his will with fairness and truthfulness. You have no right to question him.
  • A good wife always knows her place.

Whilst Filipinas do tend to have a stronger sense of family than we're now used to here in the West I think you'll find it pretty difficult to find someone as described in the article in any country. 

Why are Filipinas so attractive to many of us here on the forums?  I like short, dark-haired women, it's as simple as that.  I also love the Philippines.  For me it's a no-brainer.  I just happend to find the woman of my dreams there.  Other's have their own stories to tell.

post-2862-0-26429900-1395456439_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

it's a two-way-street in PI

Not always  :dance:

post-1-0-97655200-1395457734_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

davewe
Posted
Posted (edited)

There's a joke that I always liked on this subject.

A young man soon to be married approaches an old man, 50 years married, to discover the secret of marital longevity.

The old man ponders the question and answers, "When my wife and I were first married we made an agreement as to how to separate decision making. She would make all the small, day to day decisions. I would make all the big life decisions."

The young man proclaimed, "That sounds great! How has it worked?"

The old man answered, "I don't know. There haven't been any big decisions yet."

Edited by davewe
  • Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted

She can't be intelligent, if she is obidient, if her husband don't make decisions suiting enough to what she want too   :)   (If she can get enough money to support her family anyway.)

The old type of obidient women end when they can earn money themselves. In the western countries the main change started, when many women got jobs during WWII.) I know some Filipinas, who have kicked out their men, because they are to lazy. Several Filipinas say most Filipinos are to lazy. E g one family I know a bit have a lot of small kids, so it's hard work for the women to take care of the household, while the husband and the two grown up sons count as they are working, although they only SPLIT ONE work, which is only full time a few days per year... :hystery:  (=Having HALF hektar farmland only hard work a few days during harvest.) The sons don't even realy try to get more work. One of the sons have worked elsewhere ONCE, perhaps because it was to hard to avoid when a relative found a work for him  :mocking:       But there are exceptions. E g I know a family, who started with LESS than the half hektar family. All grown ups have found full time work AT MINDANAO (except the grandmother, who need to take care of small children, when the grown up kids work). Even the grandfather, who have reached retirement age, work full time repairing houses and other carpeting job.

Several "Help-to-self-help" organisations give assistance to start small business only to women, because they have noticed in countries needing such assistance, in average women are much more reliable and not lazy. A woman in Bangladesh has from such microloan grown a big successful business with many employed. Her husband tries hard - unsuccesfully - to make people believe it's his business, although he is only a lower boss employed there :mocking:

P.S. I want an intelligent wife, who will decide similar to what I want, because she is both intelligent and have similar goals to my goals, so she will decide similar to what I would  :lol:   

=My plan concerning business is I ask what she think and want, but I decide in startup, because she don't have business knowledge enough yet. Then I let her decide more and more concerning business, the more business knowledge she gets, until I want to retire, then she can take over the handling of the business. So she NEED to be intelligent   :)     (I have found one intelligent enough, now I'm trying to figuere out if she has goals suiting mine   :)