Best Place To Find Wife?

lifeasisrael
Posted
Posted

Frosty,

My wife, Manilyn wants me to clarify something and add to it.

You got it right but its not the size of the gift, its the price that they will be looking at. Buy her a gift that only costs 100 pesos and see if she likes it. And, do it more than one time because she could pretend that she likes it. And, pretend that you are very thrifty with money, then you will know who is the best woman because the best woman will stay and the others will leave you.

I am SO GLAD your wife cleared it up. Because I went back and read it three times to see what I was missing. I was thinking it was as your wife said but I am glad you cleared it up. Thanks. :-)

• Like 1

Albert Russell
Posted
Posted

Frosty,

My wife, Manilyn wants me to clarify something and add to it.

You got it right but its not the size of the gift, its the price that they will be looking at. Buy her a gift that only costs 100 pesos and see if she likes it. And, do it more than one time because she could pretend that she likes it. And, pretend that you are very thrifty with money, then you will know who is the best woman because the best woman will stay and the others will leave you.

You do indeed have a lovely wife.  She is not by chance from Mindanao is she?

Yes she's from Mindanao but doesn't mean you can't find a good woman anywhere in the Philippines.

Lanao del norte.  Kalambugan?  

Yes, that's where she's from. Lanao del Norte Province and Kalambugan Town. How did you know?  Are you psychic? 

Just a lucky guess

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

Define a good wife?  Educated, independent, articulate and intelligent?  Submissive "yes" woman who you can dominate and basically be your maid?  None of the listed adjectives are exclusive of the other in either description or indeed neither are the descriptions themselves.  I learned very early on to never underestimate any woman no matter where they are.  Particularly important is not mistaking lack of fluency in your native language for lack of intelligence; seen that far too many times in PI but it's always good for a chuckle once the Filipina involved becomes aware of it.   :lol:  

Wander around looking lost but not gullible, be friendly and polite, don't dress like a bum.  Don't be one of those expats that is arrogant, superior and treating the locals like dirt in their own country.  You'll get a lot of smiles and "hi's"; it's up to you what you do next.

Internet dating worked for me with my first Filipina gf.  Dated for a while, didn't work out, nothing sinister and we're still friends.  Just be careful. 

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 4

robert k
Posted
Posted

Mine is intelligent and articulate but when she gets excited the province still comes out and she says I be the one!. She doesn't want me to carry anything because of my back although I've tried to explain that it's only the right side that's destroyed. Utterly charming though.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Wander around looking lost but not gullible, be friendly and polite, don't dress like a bum. Don't be one of those expats that is arrogant, superior and treating the locals like dirt in their own country. You'll get a lot of smiles and "hi's"; it's up to you what you do next.
Yes. I haven't reach that level myself - yet, need to be long time enough in same place - but I know some, who have treaten them good, then several Filipins stop by themselves to ask "kano price" from the accepted.
  • Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted

I tried to hold it back but I can't help myself. The street I live on is an excellent place to find wives, I estimate that 95% of the houses contain at least one wife. The problem is that most of them have matching husbands. :)

Robert,

That's very good but most members of this forum want a Filipina wife, not an American wife were you live in Texas.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

Americano, I know. It was meant as a joke. I tried to hold it back for two days but I finally decided to post it. :mocking:

• Like 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Oh, forgot to add to my last:  Stop living by stereotypes.  Treat every lady the same but as an individual.  You are more likely to end up with a lady that is family first in PI but don't ever try to put her in a box - well the good ladies anyway.  As JoeEatManila said; we're not talking about cattle here.  Yes sociatal values differ from country to country but never assume anything; it's a two-way-street in PI as it is anywhere else for a relationship to work long term no matter where you are.  Just ask the guys that have lived with the same lady for years in PI; you get the idea. 

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

Define a good wife?  Educated, independent, articulate and intelligent?  Submissive "yes" woman who you can dominate and basically be your maid?  None of the listed adjectives are exclusive of the other in either description or indeed neither are the descriptions themselves.  I learned very early on to never underestimate any woman no matter where they are.  Particularly important is not mistaking lack of fluency in your native language for lack of intelligence; seen that far too many times in PI but it's always good for a chuckle once the Filipina involved becomes aware of it.   :lol:  

Wander around looking lost but not gullible, be friendly and polite, don't dress like a bum.  Don't be one of those expats that is arrogant, superior and treating the locals like dirt in their own country.  You'll get a lot of smiles and "hi's"; it's up to you what you do next.

Internet dating worked for me with my first Filipina gf.  Dated for a while, didn't work out, nothing sinister and we're still friends.  Just be careful. 

CWO BrettGC of Royal Australian Navy also has a masters degree in behavioral science.  And the above

comments definitely have some merits to think about.  Finding a location for a potential wife should start out

about reflecting your inner self.  Will you bring undesirable baggage upon arrival?  What were the failures

in your previous relationships in your home country?  Are you willing to change for the better?

No doubt it's going to be easy pickings with a lesser chance of rejection, no matter what you look like or how

you behave in public.  There are stories of many Pinays just want to get away from it all and will do anything,

everything to escape their current life's struggle, especially poverty, family, husband and boyfriend abuse.  

Are you willing to accept a package deal with rugrats running around?     

If I had to do it all over again, I would hang out in cafe shops and parks near call centers and nursing schools.  

Bring a camera and politely ask to take individual or group photos.  They may be shy but for some reason

they love to see photos of themselves.  Download into your laptop or IPAD and you may see a gaggle of them

hovering over your shoulder.  Have a stack of personalized cards (like business cards) to distribute for those

that may show some interest in you.  Let's do some numbers here: if you meet 100 ladies, you may get over

50% to respond positively.  For some expats, that could be 100%!  

The problem with the numbers is of course, which one?  Not too many guys ever had that luxury in their entire

lifetime and you need to put on double horse blinders so you don't break your neck......he, he.  In all cases

please be a gentleman and truthful about yourself.  

Now getting back to BrettGC.....he was also an owner/manager of an adult store.  I wonder if he could side-

line as a sex therapist as well.....he, he.  

Respectfully -- Jake 

Edited by Jake
spil chek
  • Like 3