Age Difference (New Guy Here)

Jake
Posted
Posted

You're probably right in everything you say, but most, but not all of the young ladies I know here will have nothing to do with a young expat, they all seem to be happy with an older and some time wiser man. Money or not.

I agree, to the point that I sometimes wonder if I even have a shot being only in my early 40s.

Here's a quick solution to your concern -- have a couple 20 year olds to balance out your age.  I learned that from

King Tuka!

Have a good one Big EL, respectfully -- Jake

• Like 5

Lost
Posted
Posted

You're probably right in everything you say, but most, but not all of the young ladies I know here will have nothing to do with a young expat, they all seem to be happy with an older and some time wiser man. Money or not.

20-something, hell even 30 something, full-time expats are extremely rare. The few I know are players with no interest in settling down, filipinas know that and want men who are ready to commit. I can assure you though, there is no shortage of women no matter you age. 

you have to admit it's hard to automatically equate age with wisdom when you see the life decisions of many old expats out here. 

Not so.  The old guys I know here are large and in charge.  Whereas the keyboard warriors I meet here . . well you can guess.

I suppose that depends on where you live. When I spend time in places like AC I don't come across a lot of enviable expats. Have I become a keyboard warrior? I signed up here like 6 months ago and just finally saw something I wanted to post, I'm must be an underachieving keyboard warrior.  :no:

And there is always an angle to scam. Your first hand experience will be WAY different than the general life's experience. Also could girls be telling you what you want to hear or they expect you want to hear?

Regardless of what I know to be fact, I thought it was pretty well established that many, many filipinas marry foreigners to escape poverty. I'm just saying logic would suggest that the larger the discrepancy in age and income the higher the likelihood this is the case. I'm not saying anything that hasn't been debated a thousand times. Generally speaking, older guys want younger women and women want security.  I'm not even saying there is anything wrong with it. If I make it to 70 I hope I'm spry enough to sack a lady in her 20s, but I also hope I am lucid enough to realize it's a financial arrangement. 

• Like 2

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

2. Your age difference is mocked constantly behind your back by Filipinos — it is not accepted. I see them laughing and hear them talking in Tagalog about you after you walk away. 

Well if what you say is true, then the mockers better not say it with-in ear shot of my girl, she will give them a nice old earful and I wouldn't want to be on the end of it. When you get to a certain age you don't give 2 stuffs what other people think, suppose that has something to do with being older and wiser. These mockers must have a very shallow life.

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I suppose that depends on where you live. When I spend time in places like AC I don't come across a lot of enviable expats.

Point taken.  There are a lot of expats there that I do not associate with, and then there is Papa Carl  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

The Cambodian approach to the same problem has been to pass a new law banning foreign men over fifty from marrying Khmer brides.

• Like 2

El Negrito
Posted
Posted (edited)
enerally speaking, older guys want younger women and women want security.

Security has nothing to do with escaping poverty or money my friend. It is a person who makes them feel secure for whatever reason a very valued thing to women everywhere.

Edited by El Negrito
  • Like 5

Lost
Posted
Posted

enerally speaking, older guys want younger women and women want security.

Security has nothing to do with escaping poverty or money my friend. It is a person who makes them feel secure for whatever reason a very valued thing to women everywhere.

I actually meant it in every sense of the word. But saying financial security isn't an important consideration for women the wold over is contrary to human nature. Anyway, I get your point!  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

I know some charismatic old bas....I mean mature gentlemen of wide and well rounded experience, with younger wives, both in the US and the Philippines. Many young guys are jealous of the old men because that's yet another woman that they probably aren't going to bed. How dare that old man cut my chances? Women, who don't have a relatively wealthy older guy lavishing attention and money on them may also feel a bit jealous. My last girlfriend in the US was 22 and I was 44 and trust me I was not rich. I think you are just hanging out with the wrong, low class crowd, and I mean low class no matter what income level. I can tell because they have time for such chismis and they actually need it to make themselves feel superior. It tells me alot about them. If they are the people whose company you keep, you will be judged by them. I suggest you not let them drag you down to their level. No offence meant but you sound like you are still in your sophomore year in high school.

I don't care if you judge, someone has to and who else should judge for you, but you. I do it myself, but often I keep it to myself, usually only mentioning it when it serves a purpose, like when I see someone figuratively "peeing in the pool". Now I've given you two pieces of fatherly advice [unasked] and I hope it does not take 20 years before the lightbulb turns on, for your sake and not mine. :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Classic Dry
Posted
Posted

With all the horror stories and warnings posted online, I’m amazed by the level of delusion of some old foreigners seeking a young spouse in the PI. I have really come to appreciate seeing a kano with a similarly aged wife (10 or less years difference).

Of course each girl and each relationship is unique, but over the years I have seen the same patterns repeating over and over. These patterns are so common they have become cliche, but hey, you’re girl is different, right?  

1.Your much younger gf/wife is very good at pretending she loves you, she may have even convinced herself she loves you. In reality, though, she loves your money. This should be obvious enough, why else would she be interested in you? Oh right, because you’re honest and loyal. 

2. Your age difference is mocked constantly behind your back by Filipinos — it is not accepted. I see them laughing and hear them talking in Tagalog about you after you walk away. 

3. There is a very high likelihood that one of my young, handsome friends has been treated to dinner by you and has slept in your bed. (I don’t do this myself, but I’ve had countless opportunities).

4. You have probably met her filipino boyfriend and were told it’s her brother or cousin. 

5. If you met her on DIA, you are likely one of several she’s working. Even after years or marriage or dating I’ve seen this. 

6. The expression “hinihintay ko siyang mamatay” is extremely common. 

My question, especially in extreme cases like 30+ year difference, does the guy simply accept the obvious fact that their relationship is financial arraignment? Maybe when you hit your 60’s you just don’t care? 

What I really wonder is why you would concern yourself. Why does the age difference matter to you ?

I don't really understand your motives for posting. Is it to tell us something you think we don't know ?

Are you trying to enlighten us ? Or do you just want to vent your opinions here ? (yes, you can do that)

Ok, the age difference offends you, and you appreciate seeing a kano with a similarly aged wife. Why ?

What possible difference can it make to you?

There are situations much more worthy of your outrage, mate, just go live your life as best you can.

" Maybe when you hit your 60's you just don't care " (quote) ........ I think it was late 30's in my case.

• Like 5

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Lost, may I ask what your background is with the Philippines?  Do you live and work here?  You seem to have spoken with many girlfriends and wives of older expats, which seems unusual for someone in their 20's.

As far as full-time expats, I am one and my neighborhood is full if them.