Age Difference (New Guy Here)

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Hello all, I'm new to this forum and new to dating Filipinas. I'm a 51 year old American who lives and works in China. I was looking at a certain Asian dating site the other day (I've had luck meeting Chinese women using this site before), and I'm getting hit on by many Filipina ladies of all ages. One in particular is 21 years old. I'm mainly talking to ladies in their mid to late 30's but this 21 year old sent me a letter and I chatted with her much of the afternoon. She seems like a nice church going young lady and says that age doesn't matter. Is this normal? 30 year difference? Assuming this girl isn't a scammer, why the hell would she want a 50 year old? I'm looking for a wife not a quick screw but can this possibly work out? Is this normal and accepted over in the Philippines?

Thanks for your thoughts on this...

The age difference here is a non event, you see it every day and no-one bats on eye lid, just accepted. My g/f is 26y.o. I am 63, I was very hesitant at first and sat her down and asked her about the difference in age, no problem for her or her family. I also got some very good advice from Americano's wife on what to look for and after taking that advice everything has worked out fine. We have the same ups and downs as most couples but at the end of the day we are both very happy, I can tell by her lovely smile, good luck with what ever you do.

I have been married to wonderful Filipino for 18 months now and we are on our final to move back to Bohol next month. I'm 71 and she is 30 and we are very much in love. The Filipinos are looking for true love and respect, honesty, trust and loyalty. If you can offer that to her and know in your heart you will be happy with her. Then go for it. Their returned love is un-found anywhere. Good luck. Russ

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

going off topic,

I see no comments about "the children" of older father/ young mother.

Father 70yo ,mom 30. child 2yo.

when the child is 12yo the father is 80 /40 is mom

Has anyone ever considered the children from these marriages/unions?

have you ever thought they might need a father when they are older.

someone to talk with, discuss life or other things that adult children would talk to their father/mother?

the emotional bonding that 1 has with our family.

have you made $$  financial  arrangements that they will be able to start their life off without the lack of money.

I post this as some of us older members still have our father/mother ,

i am 55 something,

my oldest is now 11

the youngest is 4yo so when she is 21 /he would be14 yo i would be under 65 .

when about 75 they would be 31/24

i worry that when i am older , when they are older i would not be around for them,

when they graduate from high school? the 1st car? college graduation?

walking the child down the aisle for marriage? the birth of your 1st grandchild.. etc etc

the late night call, i went out w/my friends and they left me,or I drank to much,i cant drive

can you come to pick me up,,

i guess my point i am trying to make

THINK with the head that has the brain not the head of the XXXX.

once we are gone/dead  they cant speak to us and we cant speak or advise them

• Like 2

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

going off topic,

I see no comments about "the children" of older father/ young mother.

Father 70yo ,mom 30. child 2yo.

when the child is 12yo the father is 80 /40 is mom

Has anyone ever considered the children from these marriages/unions?

have you ever thought they might need a father when they are older.

someone to talk with, discuss life or other things that adult children would talk to their father/mother?

the emotional bonding that 1 has with our family.

have you made $$  financial  arrangements that they will be able to start their life off without the lack of money.

I post this as some of us older members still have our father/mother ,

i am 55 something,

my oldest is now 11

the youngest is 4yo so when she is 21 /he would be14 yo i would be under 65 .

when about 75 they would be 31/24

i worry that when i am older , when they are older i would not be around for them,

when they graduate from high school? the 1st car? college graduation?

walking the child down the aisle for marriage? the birth of your 1st grandchild.. etc etc

the late night call, i went out w/my friends and they left me,or I drank to much,i cant drive

can you come to pick me up,,

i guess my point i am trying to make

THINK with the head that has the brain not the head of the XXXX.

once we are gone/dead  they cant speak to us and we cant speak or advise them

I was born when my father was 50 and my mother was 38. My father died when I was 36, and my mother died a few months after that.

I got on well with my father, but he dreaded the idea of Alzheimers and a slow decline and he avoided that by way of a heart attack in his sleep, so he got what he wanted. 

I was 50 when my second son was born; no I don't play football with him but that's because as a family we play rugby and we go sailing.

Edited by Methersgate
  • Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Just something I overheard today.  It is possible that being an older man with a younger girl could be beneficial to your health.  Who knows, it may catalyze putting cancer into remission.  May even cure it.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Just something I overheard today.  It is possible that being an older man with a younger girl could be beneficial to your health.  Who knows,

:thumbsup:  Well Dave, it seems to have had, a beneficial  effect on my sometimes, problematic, lower back  :)

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

15 years ago I worked with a man named Jack who was 53. Jack was a happy man, his youngest daughter was getting married and the next youngest had graduated college the year before. Jack was happy for months telling everyone his plans. Then Jack came into work and announced he was going to be a daddy again. Nobody really knew what to say. I finally came out with it and asked Jack if he had forgotten where babies come from? The baby is a precious little girl and I am sure she will give Jack equal measures of joy and days when he would like to pull his hair out. Things I look forward to myself. I'm 48, never married and never had children, no firm prospect for a wife in sight. If I have a child, all I can do is give them my best. I would like to be there for all their important days but that may not be possible. Is it fair? I'd say no. But life is not fair. Age and infirmity are not fair. You just have to do the best you know how.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
myself. I'm 48, never married and never had children, no firm prospect for a wife in sight. If I have a child, all I can do is give them my best. I would like to be there for all their important days but that may not be possible.

Robert, never say Never. a Friend of mine in Dumaguete, PatO, is 72, his son is just coming up to 3  they have been married for 4 years.

Que Sera Sera comes to mind my friend.

JP :tiphat:

Americano
Posted
Posted

The age difference here is a non event, you see it every day and no-one bats on eye lid, just accepted. My g/f is 26y.o. I am 63, I was very hesitant at first and sat her down and asked her about the difference in age, no problem for her or her family. I also got some very good advice from Americano's wife on what to look for and after taking that advice everything has worked out fine. We have the same ups and downs as most couples but at the end of the day we are both very happy, I can tell by her lovely smile, good luck with what ever you do.

Thanks for the kind words Chris. I just told my wife what you said.  Sorry for the late reply but I just read this topic tonight.

• Like 2

El Negrito
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks for the kind words Chris. I just told my wife what you said.  Sorry for the late reply but I just read this topic tonight.

What was the advice from your wife Americano? What should be looked for?

Oh and to clarify a comment I made earlier a good girl is someone who isn't a gold digger. I forget who summed it up with honesty but yeah that is pretty much it.

Edited by El Negrito