Age Difference (New Guy Here)

El Negrito
Posted
Posted
You're such a diplomat!  

Just trying to be safe! Even if I saw someone that I didn't know I would get a friend to find out about them for me before going further. But I will be around mostly small communities where everyone knows each other or knows someone that knows that person.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I would not rule out anyone just on age. I have met as many immature ladies over 25 as under.

Triple like  :thumbsup:   :thumbsup:   :thumbsup:

• Like 2

El Negrito
Posted
Posted
have met as many immature ladies over 25 as under. It really depends on their life's experiences and upbringing.

Agreed.

Coffeehound
Posted
Posted

Far too much time and effort go into the age topic - to prove my point I'll chip in! I frankly don't care about age issues, the only issue of import is do you make each other happy.

For the sake of debate if a couple had a huge age difference or none at all, at the end of the day all that really matters is there care and compassion for each other.

Oh, and for the record my wife is 4 1/2 years my senior. Guess that just proves I was into cougars before cougars were cool!

Regards

• Like 4

Thomas
Posted
Posted
So are you saying to stay away from anyone under 25? Or are Filipinas just generally mature at almost any age but some are not depending on the person?
As in all countries it's huge difference between different people. Much depending of the parents, because it's common kids live at home until they marry and rather often after marriage too of economical reasons. So it make huge difference if the mother teach the daughter or not let the daughter do any hard things herself   :)

In AVERAGE I believe YOUNG Filipinas are better than western women at taking care of  home and kids,

but them of the western women - who haven't got economical messed up brains by their parents - are MORE mature in average than Filipinas concerning "all" other things.

But I know some very mature for their age Filipinas too.

(E g my ex worked very hard and had saved to better land than her parents have, already when she was 26.

An other managed somehow to start own shop before she was 20, although she her family is squatter!  IF she hadn't done same misstake as many mucg older business owners (=sell on credit, which many didn't pay) her business would have been rather successful.  I don't know her any close, but I believe she is a good woman. Perhaps you want a Scorpio-Snake Filipina?   :)   She look for a good husband. (She is 24 now.)

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted (edited)

My younger wife and I have just a few years left before moving to the Philippines. I met her there and although she is 15 yrs younger-she "looks" about 20-25 years younger-so we're told anyway. Not sure if it's her or me. Anyway, my point is that here in the US, (malls, restaurants, etc..) we get the evil stare from the "mom" :Mad:123 and the subtle "wink and thumbs up" :thumbsup:  from the dad if a family walks by-lol. Obviously his wife is sure to meet his side with her elbow in reaction to her husbands subtle reaction :whistling: . In other words, I noticed it's more the women here that have a problem seeing the "young Asian gal" with the older man than it is the men's negative reactions (for the most part).

All I know is despite our age difference, we have common life goals, similar maturity levels, and love each other with no worries to the Western reactions. I'm sure we've read a lot of reactions before from those off the cuff key board warriors on other sites-lol. 

Can't wait to get over there and join you lucky guys

Edited by Hey Steve
  • Like 5

El Negrito
Posted
Posted (edited)
we get the evil stare from the "mom"

The more I read comments like this I am wondering if this is just jealousy from women unhappy with either their own choices in life or unhappy that the world doesn't conform to their idiotic...sorry "enlightened" feminist view of how women should be. When I was involved with a 24 year old Mexican girl she got similar looks and comments from 2 American female "friends". No basis for it other than the age difference. The Mexicans thought we were a great match.

Edited by El Negrito
  • Like 4

jon1
Posted
Posted
just jealousy from women unhappy with either their own choices in life or unhappy that the world doesn't conform to their idiotic...sorry "enlightened" feminist view of how women should be.

I think that this is the root of the ostricism. I am sure that these women feel threatened when they see a "spring/winter" relationship. http://marriage.about.com/od/lifestylechoices/g/maydecember.htm

When you get over here you will see people in this type of relationship frequently and you get less looks. The few looks that you do get are women trying to get your attention in a positive way.

• Like 4

El Negrito
Posted
Posted
I think that this is the root of the ostricism. I am sure that these women feel threatened when they see a "spring/winter" relationship. http://marriage.abou...maydecember.htm   When you get over here you will see people in this type of relationship frequently and you get less looks. The few looks that you do get are women trying to get your attention in a positive way.

Also I think another part is the "they are taking OUR men". Black women do this a lot if a black man is interested in a white woman. Of course these are all men they don't want until the other side has them.

• Like 3