Age Difference (New Guy Here)

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Forty years ago I was stationed in Taipei Taiwan. The Chinese girls there were amazing, I had no idea mainland girls could be so messed up thanks for those stories.

Singapore girls are another issue, the expectations from them and their family is ridiculous. The government is hosting dating classes and other things because the birth rate is so low.

• Like 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

Stereotypes exist for a reason - it's a defined exaggerated norm that has developed over time - who gets to define the norm is another question.  

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 5

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
Wow, glad that is not my experience.  Thirty (30) years, 52/22 now, difference

Hee hee.  Thats only one generation.  My very good friend lives in Florida with his wife of 8 years.  She is 27 and he is 73.  He says the worst comments come from members of the Philippine community there who do not like to remember where they came from.  But seriously, I have never been married longer than 8 years no matter what the age gap so the longevity speaks for itself.

As to me, my previous gf and I had a 30 year age gap but my current gf and I have a 40 year gap.  One of my ex wives was 12 years younger than me and another was a year older than me. (Yes, I know - its me not them)  I truly believe age difference is just one more piece of the relationship puzzle that each person has to put together for him/herself.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 4

Trebek
Posted
Posted (edited)

Forty years ago I was stationed in Taipei Taiwan. The Chinese girls there were amazing, I had no idea mainland girls could be so messed up thanks for those stories.

Singapore girls are another issue, the expectations from them and their family is ridiculous. The government is hosting dating classes and other things because the birth rate is so low.

Educated and middle to upper class Chinese are like you experienced in Singapore.   Most won't get married unless her future husband has a house and a car.   Poor Chinese gals are wonderful.  The salt of the earth.  But they don't speak English and my Chinese isn't good.    But most Chinese believe the same crap that the government inoculates them with... "The Chinese love their children unlike parents in the West"...   or "The Chinese evolved from Peking Man which is a higher breed of cavemen than those low-browed cromagnon europeans...    So yes,  lots of crap to wade through.  

Edited by MikeB
Removed part not appropriate for this forum
  • Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Educated and middle to upper class Chinese are like you experienced in Singapore.

Well me for one, cannot and will not accept this as a prelude, to marrying a Filipino. they are a race, a nation of people. What you see is what you get. Love um or leave em. If social classes, comes into the equation, Stay where you are, cos there is plenty of that. in our own countries.

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:unsure:  Call me old fashioned, Call me what you like but I always, find this type of thing, the norm just now. The OP, was talking about Age difference, now, we are talking Social class and Education Difference, we have been there and done that before. 

What does the OP want to discuss, Age or Social standing? these are 2 (two Totally different things. I think we all know by now. A Filipino lady of 20/30 years old, with Education, Social Standing ( Money) is not Looking for a Fat, Old, Bald Foreigner OK, Please lets stay where we were Brought, AGE Difference

:tiphat:

• Like 3

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

The separate descent of the Chinese from Pekin Man, unlike the rest of us Africans, is horribly familiar to me.

The Chinese are not racist; they are another species! ;)

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Perhaps you should ask yourself what a girl 30 years younger than you would have in common?
Well. I have had "old" hobbies since I were 4 years old (cards, crocket, chess, genealogy a bit later...), becoming 27 in MIND long before I had reached that age, because I found that being a good age to be.  After I passed 27, I have kept several "young" hobbies (dance, sports...)  So it depend much of the person's MINDS.

Many people become booooring when pass 30, so I have had to replace several of my friends to young ones  :dance: :hystery:

I think clever level and mind type are much more important than age concerning finding things in common.

Most young women want to get some kids sometimes, so if the couple get that, then they have at least that in common  :)  

But I have told my gf (if we marry) I will not hunt wild 2 year olds, claiming I have right to don't need to do that because of age :lol:

Once I was in a bar and two older guys and their much younger girls came in, they all sat at a table and were rather quiet and just sitting there. The 2 guys go off to the toilet and as soon as they were gone the girls started dancing and just having fun, the 2 guys come back and it stopped and they went back to sitting there saying nothing so my guess is the girls wanted to do what younger girls might do but in the company of their partners they had to act like someone that is not who they are.
What boooooooooring guys... :mocking:    

Before my knee broke I went to dance places where there are mixed ages 15-80, but mainly under 30 (foxtrot plus "bug" (= a calmer version of jitterbugg) which is popular in all ages in Sweden.) One then 80 year old man was very popular among the 30-40 year old women, because he danced the calm dances very good. And an other man was a bit over 70, still very speedy good at the fast dances. He still compeeted in bug, but thought of if he would quit or replace his 28 year old dance partner, because he found SHE had become to slow  :hystery:

I don't expect my knee will heal enough to start dancing again, but  - asuming my wife and I will have a good relation - I will not mind if she will want to dance. Perhaps I will follow, bring the kid(-s) - it can be to hard to keep order of more than one  :)  My parents brought me to dances, when I were small kid, because my father played in the music group at dances, and my mother wanted to dance, so I'm used to be in such environments. 

A long time living in a culture like Philippines will teach you the pros and cons of age difference
An advantage with having a young wife can be she can cover up, e g concerning taking care of kids, when we get tired.  But I would have prefered if I could ump the parents step and become grandparent direct, because grandparents can give back the kids to the parents, when wanting to rest   :lol:
  • Like 5

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Wow,  thanks for the great responses!    My family back home would sh&t if I bring home a 21 year old cutie!  Jealousy...

I actually enjoy chatting with the gals in their early to late 30's but the 21 year old physically turns me on the most.  But yes,   what can we possibly have to talk about??   Lots of food for thoughts

You can talk about food    :lol:       Eating is a rather common hobby in Phils.

But seriously   - Science say very few persons are mature enough for marriage type relations before reaching 25, so I recomend one not very young, because the main part of time in marriages are NOT sex, so I don't understand men, who marry sexy bitches... :mocking:

Whomever I marry,   I will be taking her to China and that can get quite boring and lonely for the wrong person..

Sure.  That's one of the reasons I want a wife from the country I settle in...

Incidentally the 21 year old asked me "do you have a house in the USA"   which is quite a turn off but at least she's to young to be overly clever about the questions she asks.    

Well. SOME depending of maturity, but IF being clever that's noticable long BEFORE age 21  :)

It CAN be a warning sign, perhaps she want to marry you to get into USA - and then skip you...

BUT it can be a no problem relevant question too. Many Filipinas want a (small) house, so such question can be just checking if YOU have/want to get a house, which she can live in too...

I had my own trepidation about the age difference (19 years in my case), but now see it as a minor problem.
I believe it's a minor age difference   :) 
  • Like 3