Age Difference (New Guy Here)

Thomas
Posted
Posted
My Filipina ex-wife was definitely NOT happy about living in Beijing. Whilst we were able to find a small Filipino community, she was very lonely and depressed for much of the time. This was a reaction to China, not to "abroad", because she settled happily into Britain and still lives here, although she found another bloke after the first decade in Britain.
Many have LOST their Asian wifes by moving abroad and the influence they get from people with their own nationality there, because even if you find a GOOD woman, she can meet BAD behaving people from her home country, which she DON'T have become friends with if being in her home country, because of lonelyness/unsecurity living abroad...
  • Like 2

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

"Many have LOST their Asian wifes by moving abroad and the influence they get from people with their own nationality there, because even if you find a GOOD woman, she can meet BAD behaving people from her home country, which she DON'T have become friends with if being in her home country, because of lonelyness/unsecurity living abroad"... 

That's true, but it wasn't a factor in our case. I know what caused her to suddenly feel she had to move out, and it was such a silly thing that I had trouble believing it for quite a while. Of course, I only worked it out some time after the decree nisi!

Edited by Methersgate
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
El Negrito
Posted
Posted

Thank you very much for your insights guys. This has helped me have a clearer view of age differences...I think.

I am 43 and if I read this thread correctly it is almost nothing if I meet and fall in love with a 19-25 year old, right? I mean I prefer 25-30 year old but I have had interest from much younger (19 being the youngest and for me scariest of propositions). Should I be afraid of younger women?

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

As a 43 year old man you would be considered reasonably young in Philippines. 

Just so you know. Some Filipinas of any age would marry ANY man who has a little money. A few Filipinas would marry ANY man to scam him for a green card and all his money and they are very good at it. Some family's of Filipinas would force them to marry a guy with money and the Green card or whatever the Canadian equivalent would be. They would only see you as an ATM machine.

Having said that there are so many nice Filipinas from good family's who would honestly be interested in a serious real relationship that would lead to marriage.

For sure you could meet an 18 year old girl who would fall in love and marry you. WOuld that be a good choice?

The great thing about Philippines is you could meet a sweet smart well educated beautiful late 20's and older lady who would make an amazing life partner.

• Like 3

El Negrito
Posted
Posted (edited)

You guys crack me up! But also some great advice here! They would be surprised if they try to marry me for a little money, because it would indeed be VERY LITTLE!  :hystery:

Honestly I am now more open to the age idea. My last girlfriend was Mexican and 23-24, so 20 years my junior. In the end it didn't work because of her immaturity. Seems like Filipinas are more mature than your average lot though from what I am reading.

I would be open to anyone 18-35 if they are a good girl and mature enough, however as I said I prefer 25-30, but this forum and other information has helped me not to completely reject the idea of a mature and good girl that is younger. Am I on the right track or no?

Edited by Blackman
  • Like 2

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

You guys crack me up! But also some great advice here! They would be surprised if they try to marry me for a little money, because it would indeed be VERY LITTLE!  :hystery:

Honestly I am now more open to the age idea. My last girlfriend was Mexican and 23-24, so 20 years my junior. In the end it didn't work because of her immaturity. Seems like Filipinas are more mature than your average lot though from what I am reading.

I would be open to anyone 18-35 if they are a good girl and mature enough, however as I said I prefer 25-30, but this forum and other information has helped me not to completely reject the idea of a mature and good girl that is younger. Am I on the right track or no?

You want to be careful some gorgeous young filipina just doesn't decide you are the one for her and once she gets her hooks into you, look out, it does happen, age is irrelevant, I have met some truly beautiful young woman here that I know I would have no problem getting involved with mostly younger from 19-27yo. Tread you own path and enjoy, just be honest and upfront with the girls you meet.

• Like 4

El Negrito
Posted
Posted

You want to be careful some gorgeous young filipina just doesn't decide you are the one for her and once she gets her hooks into you, look out, it does happen, age is irrelevant, I have met some truly beautiful young woman here that I know I would have no problem getting involved with mostly younger from 19-27yo. Tread you own path and enjoy, just be honest and upfront with the girls you meet.

Very wise advice that I try to live by but I can always use a reminder as a pretty face or even a youthful ugly one can catch you sometimes. I WILL be careful! Promise!

• Like 1

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Very wise advice that I try to live by but I can always use a reminder as a pretty face or even a youthful ugly one can catch you sometimes. I WILL be careful! Promise!

As someone once said "A pretty face does not mean a pretty heart, go carefully. Good Luck

• Like 3

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

If I might make a point, an older man who takes up with a younger woman imposes certain obligations on himself.

1. Keep yourself in shape. Be careful what you eat; get down to the gym regularly. If you cant take your shirt off at the beach, you are not in the game.

2 Don't dress like an old fart

3. Don't think like an old fart.

4. Don't talk like an old fart

5. Don't act like an old fart

6. Do **** like a rabbit

These are NOT options. If you fall down on these and she looks elsewhere, the blame does not lie on her but on you.

• Like 3