Age Difference (New Guy Here)

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Thank you very much for your insights guys. This has helped me have a clearer view of age differences...I think.

I am 43 and if I read this thread correctly it is almost nothing if I meet and fall in love with a 19-25 year old, right? I mean I prefer 25-30 year old but I have had interest from much younger (19 being the youngest and for me scariest of propositions). Should I be afraid of younger women?

Women around 20 and man around 40 is common in North America and Europe too   :)

(Back when I were around 40, MOST Swedish, who hit on me, were around 20.)

You guys crack me up! But also some great advice here! They would be surprised if they try to marry me for a little money, because it would indeed be VERY LITTLE!  :hystery:

Honestly I am now more open to the age idea. My last girlfriend was Mexican and 23-24, so 20 years my junior. In the end it didn't work because of her immaturity. Seems like Filipinas are more mature than your average lot though from what I am reading.

I would be open to anyone 18-35 if they are a good girl and mature enough, however as I said I prefer 25-30, but this forum and other information has helped me not to completely reject the idea of a mature and good girl that is younger. Am I on the right track or no?

Well. MANY young Filipinas are good at taking care of home, kids - and husband   :)  

BUT many of them are immature anyway, some reduced if they have child.

Many have been misstreated by young Filipinos, left when they got pregnant.

And some Filipinas kick out their immature father of their child  (I know 2 such.)

Such make many Filipinas decide they want a mature responcible foreigner.

According to scientists normal brains are NOT mature enough for marriage before 25 years of age.

Until such age Filipinas need permition from their parents to marry according to the law anyway.

Remember- a younger woman is giving YOU her most precious thing; her youth and beauty. She knows that you WILL check out of the relationship and leave her - you will turn her into your nursemaid and then you will die. So how much do you owe to her?  

Sure that's common, but other CAN happen  :)

(One of my grandmothers where rather much younger than my grandfather. When they had been married 15 years or so, my mother heared her talk to a friend worrying about what she would do after grandfather die.  It ended up HE took care of HER, and he died 12 years AFTER her,  95 year old, in very good shape until he was 85, when he was hit by a car, making he lost his good stamina during recovery period.)

• Like 2

Methersgate
Posted
Posted
Well. MANY young Filipinas are good at taking care of home, kids - and husband      BUT many of them are immature anyway, some reduced if they have child. Many have been miss treated by young Filipinos, left when they got pregnant. And some Filipinas kick out their immature father of their child  (I know 2 such.) Such make many Filipinas decide they want a mature responsible foreigner.

My own other half kicked out the immature father of her child when she was 24. He was, according to her, sitting around all day, drinking,taking drugs in front of her and beating her up. Fortunately they were not married. She moved in with her sister and helped her sister with her business; it was perhaps lucky that she could. Her sister had an English boyfriend whom she has since married so when I showed up, I had a point in my favour already. Whether she was actively looking for a foreigner I doubt, but certainly foreigners came with a better reputation. 

• Like 1

El Negrito
Posted
Posted

Thanks for your insights.

Women around 20 and man around 40 is common in North America and Europe too   (Back when I were around 40, MOST Swedish, who hit on me, were around 20.)

I started to see a Mexican girl 20 years younger than me here in Mexico. To me 20 years was a big age difference and to some of our friends here in Mexico it was pretty big but at the end of the day everyone seemed OK with it. Some of our foreign friends (one Canadian lady and one African) started to say it was too much and discouraged her.

In Canada or the US I think it would have been even more of a deal. In fact when I told my brother he said "Oh no! No way!" and said I had poor judgement. So I see what you are saying and part of me agrees but I can't deny the reactions of some. I guess I have to resolve myself to not caring and people eventually getting use to it if it happens.

Well. MANY young Filipinas are good at taking care of home, kids - and husband      BUT many of them are immature anyway, some reduced if they have child....

According to scientists normal brains are NOT mature enough for marriage before 25 years of age. Until such age Filipinas need permition from their parents to marry according to the law anyway.  

So are you saying to stay away from anyone under 25? Or are Filipinas just generally mature at almost any age but some are not depending on the person?

Thanks again for your comments.

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Thanks for your insights.

Women around 20 and man around 40 is common in North America and Europe too   (Back when I were around 40, MOST Swedish, who hit on me, were around 20.)

I started to see a Mexican girl 20 years younger than me here in Mexico. To me 20 years was a big age difference and to some of our friends here in Mexico it was pretty big but at the end of the day everyone seemed OK with it. Some of our foreign friends (one Canadian lady and one African) started to say it was too much and discouraged her.

In Canada or the US I think it would have been even more of a deal. In fact when I told my brother he said "Oh no! No way!" and said I had poor judgement. So I see what you are saying and part of me agrees but I can't deny the reactions of some. I guess I have to resolve myself to not caring and people eventually getting use to it if it happens.

Well. MANY young Filipinas are good at taking care of home, kids - and husband      BUT many of them are immature anyway, some reduced if they have child....

According to scientists normal brains are NOT mature enough for marriage before 25 years of age. Until such age Filipinas need permition from their parents to marry according to the law anyway.

So are you saying to stay away from anyone under 25? Or are Filipinas just generally mature at almost any age but some are not depending on the person?

Thanks again for your comments.

If I was you, I would follow that age rule, espeically if you are looking for someone special and long term.

• Like 3

intrepid
Posted
Posted
You guys crack me up! But also some great advice here! They would be surprised if they try to marry me for a little money, because it would indeed be VERY LITTLE! :hystery:

Just remember "VERY LITTLE" is subjective.  To you and I $10 or $20 may be very little.  But to someone in the Philippines it could make them feel so good they may be dancing for days!  :nudie:  Again, our income/monthly allowence may be small to us and enough to maybe live a comfortable life in the Philippines.  But to a local our "monthly" would certainly support a whole family and their extended family as well! :540:

• Like 3

El Negrito
Posted
Posted
If I was you, I would follow that age rule, espeically if you are looking for someone special and long term.

You mean stay away from anyone under 25?

El Negrito
Posted
Posted
Just remember "VERY LITTLE" is subjective.  To you and I $10 or $20 may be very little.  But to someone in the Philippines it could make them feel so good they may be dancing for days! 

That's great to know that when I ask them to borrow $10 they will dance for days!  :crack-up:

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

You mean stay away from anyone under 25?

Pretty much yes unless they are proven as exceptional.

• Like 1

El Negrito
Posted
Posted

Well I pretty much plan on sticking to girls recommended to me by friends or friends of friends that I know I can trust. So I plan on sticking to them hopefully being exceptional whether they are under or over 25. But your point is well taken and I will definitely keep it in mind. Thanks!

• Like 4

Jake
Posted
Posted

Well I pretty much plan on sticking to girls recommended to me by friends or friends of friends that I know I can trust. So I plan on sticking to them hopefully being exceptional whether they are under or over 25. But your point is well taken and I will definitely keep it in mind. Thanks!

You're such a diplomat!  

• Like 1