Age Difference (New Guy Here)

Trebek
Posted
Posted

Wow,  thanks for the great responses!    My family back home would sh&t if I bring home a 21 year old cutie!  Jealousy...

I actually enjoy chatting with the gals in their early to late 30's but the 21 year old physically turns me on the most.  But yes,   what can we possibly have to talk about??   Lots of food for thought...

Whomever I marry,   I will be taking her to China and that can get quite boring and lonely for the wrong person.. 

Incidentally the 21 year old asked me "do you have a house in the USA"   which is quite a turn off but at least she's to young to be overly clever about the questions she asks.    

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
she's to young to be overly clever about the questions she asks.    

You would be surprised.  One of the reasons age does not matter is that they grow up very fast, through necessity.  If you caught her on one 'red flag' question then I bet she slipped 9 others by you.  BUT, age does not matter and whether you are dating a 19 or 49 year old you should question their motives and commitment to your relationship.

My family back home would sh&t if I bring home a 21 year old cutie!

That is common in many cultures.  My family members make it clear that I would not be welcome to visit if I brought a lady who was vastly younger than I am.  As I live in the Philippines, my family and I compromise with a 'don't ask don't tell' attitude.  I am suggesting that the same approach may work for you.  Interestingly enough, my 79 year old mother has visited and has no problem with it, but she will not tell the rest of the family how I live.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 3

Trebek
Posted
Posted (edited)

Appreciate the advice Dave but I will just show up for Christmas with a 21 year old in tow,  it's my life.   They will talk later but I'll have a good Christmas!

And a better New Year.....

And I don't mind her fam wanting a successful westerner to help pay a few expenses,  thats the way families are.   As long as they keep it in perspective Ill help out as much as I can.   I don't blame her for asking whether I was a homeowner in the US,  she needs to know this.   

Edited by MikeB
  • Like 4

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Not sure if you know this but the chance that your lady friend would get a visitors visa to the States is very small.

An older man married to a very young attractive Filipina both living in the States is not without issues. We have seen more than a few divorces.

If there is an active Filipino OFW group in the Chinese city you work in a Filipina wife could be very happy. If not it could be difficult for her.

I'm curious to ask you, if you don't mind.... With so many attractive educated Chinese lady's there why go with a Filipina?

• Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Second that!

I was never tempted at all by Mainland Chinese women, for just those reasons. The cultural chasm is unbridgeable. I had a drop dead gorgeous and extremely well educated young lady attached to me as my interpreter; we travelled together and no I never did, though I watched her twiddle men round her little finger. She went on to take an MBA at Cambridge, and I helped her into a good job with a big bank in London. She has just returned to Shanghai with husband no.2. We are, and remain, friends, but that's it.

A Hong Kong, Malaysian-Chinese or Singaporean girl might have been a different thing, but I really do feel so much more comfortable with a Filipina.  

• Like 4

Trebek
Posted
Posted

And there I go doing the say stereotyping thing by saying "All Chinese from the mainland are like this"..

But yeah,  I'm done with dating Chinese...

• Like 2

Dougbert
Posted
Posted
We weren't planning to live in the states but I would like to bring her to visit? If we were legally married they wouldn't let her visit?

Do your research.  Unless a Filipino is well-heeled with strong connections to home (children, property, a job, a car, etc.) getting any type of visa to come to the US is a challenge.  A tourist visa, ironically, is less likely to be approved than a K-1 (fiancee) or K-3 (spousal) visa.  Its crazy if you are in a relationship and want to make a sanity check--will she like it here?  Google for "visa journey" and read up.

Dougbert

p.s.  I agree with the _general_ opinion of Chinese folks.  They get indoctrinated from birth.  Korea is different, but has similar problems, in my opinion.  Of course who are we to talk since we are dating or married to women from a country other than our own.  What does that say about the ladies here in the US (and us as well)?

• Like 3