Age Difference (New Guy Here)

El Negrito
Posted
Posted

I don't have a problem with anything that Becky has said;  In fact I agree with her.

Me either, not the actual sentiment. Definitely things to consider, but the way it was said bothers me. Not dignified at all.

• Like 2

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

I respectfully differ, old chap. I'm rather used to hearing sexual matters discussed very frankly by Filipinas who are loyal and faithful in love. Some of my small army of sisters in law use far blunter language, as indeed did many of the Filipina colleagues I have worked with over the years. Filipinas ARE often straightforward when discussing sex. And I find that a good thing.

• Like 1

El Negrito
Posted
Posted

I respectfully differ, old chap. I'm rather used to hearing sexual matters discussed very frankly by Filipinas who are loyal and faithful in love. Some of my small army of sisters in law use far blunter language, as indeed did many of the Filipina colleagues I have worked with over the years. Filipinas ARE often straightforward when discussing sex. And I find that a good thing.

Well man I know a lot of western women who state things in the same way and find them just as distasteful. Also I know a lot of good well educated black people that use the N word and it doesn't bother me but it's not cool. Or women that throw around the B word and still not cool. I mean the term  "Bone me" or such is sad. There are much better ways to phrase things. There is a difference between being straight forward and crass. Personally I might agree with you but in public forums lets be dignified.

• Like 5

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Do you think she is going to sit home and watch John Wayne reruns with you?

Troll.  None of our filipina wives/gfs know who John Wayne is . .  unless you are talking about John Wayne Cruz, who none of the guys here likely know  :hystery:

• Like 5

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
you just pay 25% income tax and get no government benefits.

Sounds great if you say it fast.  What it means is a guy who is drawing 20,000 Canadian a year through pensions and RRSPs is suddenly living on 15,000 a year when they would be in a ZERO tax bracket with a Canadian residence.

But this can be beat by maintaining a Canadian address and staying here as a tourist.  To my knowledge there is no Canadian law on how long you can travel as a tourist.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Sounds great if you say it fast.  What it means is a guy who is drawing 20,000 Canadian a year through pensions and RRSPs is suddenly living on 15,000 a year when they would be in a ZERO tax bracket with a Canadian residence.   But this can be beat by maintaining a Canadian address and staying here as a tourist.  To my knowledge there is no Canadian law on how long you can travel as a tourist.

:hystery:  WTF, did this come from? :rolleyes:  :unsure:

• Like 1

El Negrito
Posted
Posted
Sounds great if you say it fast.  What it means is a guy who is drawing 20,000 Canadian a year through pensions and RRSPs is suddenly living on 15,000 a year when they would be in a ZERO tax bracket with a Canadian residence.   But this can be beat by maintaining a Canadian address and staying here as a tourist.  To my knowledge there is no Canadian law on how long you can travel as a tourist.

You are exactly right.

WTF, did this come from?  

Canada man! Where all random things come from. Actually earlier post. LOL

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted (edited)

you just pay 25% income tax and get no government benefits.

Sounds great if you say it fast. What it means is a guy who is drawing 20,000 Canadian a year through pensions and RRSPs is suddenly living on 15,000 a year when they would be in a ZERO tax bracket with a Canadian residence.

But this can be beat by maintaining a Canadian address and staying here as a tourist. To my knowledge there is no Canadian law on how long you can travel as a tourist.

Close, guys but a little off... Living in Canada, your first $8k and change is normally taxed at (I think) 8 or 10%, and from $8k to $36k, your tax is basically 15%. Plus what ever deductions you can find. If you are living outside the country, you pay a straight 25% on everything... No deductions... No lower rate on smaller amounts... No paperwork even! Yup! You don't have to even file - the money is taken off at source!

Don't forget... Anything rated at $36,000 and above is 25% tax so is it really worth the hassle? In my case, it is! I pay 25% on a smaller amount but my airfare home to maintain a residency is a lot more than that 25% - 8%/15% payment!

Edited by I am bob

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Do you think she is going to sit home and watch John Wayne reruns with you?

Troll.  None of our filipina wives/gfs know who John Wayne is . .  unless you are talking about John Wayne Cruz, who none of the guys here likely know  :hystery:

Mine does.

But she's in the movie business.

Becky Bulasco
Posted
Posted

I,m sorry I got several of you upset. Sex is a subject that my Kano and i discuss regularly. We discuss each others needs and what we each want out of a relationship. I stand by my statement that any young Filipina that says she will happily sit and watch old cowboy movies with you when there is a festival in town with dancing and party just down the street, is not being honest. She may sit there with you, out of loyalty, but she won't like it. Keep in mind that your Filipina wife isn't attracted to you because of your resemblance to Justin Bieber.

• Like 1