Can't Find Miss Right?

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

The Mother of My Children. From Bataan and "a pure Tagalog".  She has UK citizenship, is deputy manager of a a care home, and found a new bloke and walked out four years ago leaving me with said kids,the elder of whom seems to be A Success and the younger is A Teenager

Pretty lady, but it stinks that she did that to you. Were you able to get anything from her to care for the kids?

Real sorry to hear that, sadly seems not uncommon.

At risk of going off topic I would be interested knowing how these situations stack up as opposed to same race marriages. Maybe should be discussed on a new thread. Have heard the divorce rate in Aussie with Filipinas is pretty grim.

Well, since we were together for twenty years, and the bloke she moved in with is also English (not that we have been introduced - he has the common sense to keep out of my way! ;) ) I don't think race came into it at all.

here are the said children, a couple of years back:

alexandcharleseaster2013800x600_zps8f91b

• Like 4

RBM
Posted
Posted

Nice kids. 

Think what i mean is here the older guys have many so called admirers, even at times some competition among younger girls. Not wishing to go into the whys and wheres of it but its how it is.

For those that marry, often a rushed decision, bring their pretty young bride back home....Well things can change, even perhaps the roles reversed. many of the cuties are more interested in providing for the family back home (as we all know) rather  than working on the relationship.

Also the risk of the wife getting into the wrong company....For some reason Filipinas do not seem to intermingle as much as one would expect. Especially with the advantage of the language. 

My opinion is the strain placed on these relationships is often greater than same race marriage. Of course many people whom have married Filipinas and live abroad have a normal happy  marriage.

For myself I find less stress if both parties stay here in the Philippines and enjoy what the country has to offer.

• Like 5

El Negrito
Posted
Posted (edited)
here are the said children, a couple of years back:

Handsome blokes, lady killers for sure. Look out Filipinas!

Edited by El Negrito
  • Like 2

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted (edited)

For myself I find less stress if both parties stay here in the Philippines and enjoy what the country has to offer.

Couldn't agree more with you, while many men take there much younger g/f / wife to there home country and things go well, from my past experience there a just too many distractions for the partner and especially if she is young and pretty, best to stay in country and enjoy a more uncomplicated life. JMHO.

Edited by frosty (chris)
  • Like 5

jon1
Posted
Posted
rom my past experience there a just too many distractions for the partner and especially if she is young and pretty, best to stay in country and enjoy a more uncomplicated life

I couldn't agree with you more. For me I also didn't want to move back home and end up with an "americanized" wife. Too often I have seen this happen where the new bride quickly assimilates into the western expectations and becomes the demanding wife that drove us away to begin with (there are exceptions, I am speaking in general terms). If you love her for her provincial ways, it's best to live provincial in her home country and reap the benefits. Otherwise it could be a doomed relationship.

• Like 1

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

rom my past experience there a just too many distractions for the partner and especially if she is young and pretty, best to stay in country and enjoy a more uncomplicated life

I couldn't agree with you more. For me I also didn't want to move back home and end up with an "americanized" wife. Too often I have seen this happen where the new bride quickly assimilates into the western expectations and becomes the demanding wife that drove us away to begin with (there are exceptions, I am speaking in general terms). If you love her for her provincial ways, it's best to live provincial in her home country and reap the benefits. Otherwise it could be a doomed relationship.

Yes Jon, actually happened to me with Vietnamese girl, sweet as pie, in her home country, became the wicked witch of the north when she joined me in my home country, complete and utter nut job, never again I said to myself. So now I am here and here I will stay and to be honest the g/f is happy because her family that she adores is close by, best of both worlds as far as I am concerned.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
best of both worlds as far as I am concerned.

Best in this world will do for me! :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

The main thing is I got my Decree Absolute a month ago, and I can go and do it all again!

Only way to move forward Andrew -- with a positive attitude!  Speaking of which, is your positive upbringing

of your two young men.  You inspired your eldest son Alex to become an officer in the merchant marine. 

A very big job and responsibility for a young man indeed.  

Your ex-wife may not have been the right one but look at what you produced:

post-686-0-78219200-1407647304_thumb.jpg

They're both chick magnets with an intriguing British accent, galavanting throughout the Far East region.  

Sounds familiar?

• Like 3

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I agree... but finances are making us consider moving to the US for 5 years.  I kind of need to actually retire before coming back to the Pi's ha ha  I just hope 5 years there does not ruin her!   :tiphat:

Methersgate
Posted
Posted
At risk of going off topic I would be interested knowing how these situations stack up as opposed to same race marriages. Maybe should be discussed on a new thread. Have heard the divorce rate in Aussie with Filipinas is pretty grim.

Here in Britain one marriage in three falls, at the moment. I don't think race and nationality has much effect on those figures. Certainly in our case they were irrelevant - a couple that can go through long separations, financial crises, five years living in a very foreign country for both of us has got long past that stage. Four and a half years after the event with everything done and dusted we are reasonably friendly - more so than most couples, because we collaborate on things like school parents evenings and so on. We even joke about a family holiday with both families once I am re-married. Her immediate plan is to get her mother to Britain as she is now frail following a stroke and I have offered to help with that if I can.

• Like 3