Can't Find Miss Right?

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Chris that's the least of my worries,she will just have to stand in line :1 (103):

Oh you bad bad man you, good luck, more fun in the Phils :hystery:

• Like 1

lyno 47
Posted
Posted

I should be in Cebu in early oct  , so I will hand out tickets and she can take her place in the line cheers mate

• Like 2

Miguk
Posted
Posted

OH! so many new arrivals, have fallen foul of this situation Your comment is the right way to do it. Unfortunately, saying no, may just drive them away Then, we start all over again.    

Then of course you will go away with the idea, that All the ladies here, are the same ( I can Assure you they are not) just getting to meet the right one, will be time consuming.

I just meant act like you have none while you are getting to know people and making friends and such. Really it depends on the situation but at least don't flaunt money.

I have no easy answer either. I am a generous person, if I have I share. But I also can see a leech a mile away. In Ukraine I spent very generously and took people out to the best restaurants in town who had never been to a restaurant EVER. They all begged me not to pay and begged to chip in and when I insisted on paying they were so embarrassed and thankful.

They made me and gave me gifts later and invited me to their homes and prepared great meals. These people were, many times, dirt poor. Funny enough I had a friend who did ok and knew I didn't have a lot of money and he was sometimes the biggest sponge! Anyway once you find the right lady I have no problem spending money.

With my late wife I knew she was the one and on one of my trips to Mexico while we were dating I offered to buy her a dress and she staunchly refused. Once we had been married a year or two she reminded me of that occasion everytime she liked a dress or some shoes, she was only half joking. I could never refuse her anything she wanted to buy and she was always super careful with our money. Man I miss her...

I just made myself sad.  :23_11_62[1]:

You just made me sad reading that! :boohoo: Unfortunately women like that are a treasure....and treasure is hard to find anywhere.  Unfortunately, most of the time is is just the opposite in the Philippines.  If you go out you will be expected to pay....not only for her but for as many freeloading relatives that can connive to go along.  Of course there are exceptions but that is the general rule for the most part

• Like 1

El Negrito
Posted
Posted
Unfortunately, most of the time is is just the opposite in the Philippines.  If you go out you will be expected to pay....not only for her but for as many freeloading relatives that can connive to go along.  Of course there are exceptions but that is the general rule for the most part

Wow, that is too bad. I have had some experience with freeloaders so I am somewhat accustom to politely telling them no. Hope that helps me out.

RBM
Posted
Posted

You just made me sad reading that! :boohoo: Unfortunately women like that are a treasure....and treasure is hard to find anywhere.  Unfortunately, most of the time is is just the opposite in the Philippines.  If you go out you will be expected to pay....not only for her but for as many freeloading relatives that can connive to go along.  Of course there are exceptions but that is the general rule for the most part

Sadly often this is the case.

How I deal with this is first date, meeting, eating frenzy, what ever, I accept them to bring one friend if they ask.

If there is a second meeting, nope....not on your life, she can eat (and they do) until she is bursting, that's ok but just her. We have all worked for what ever we have so why squander it on free loaders.

There is the right chick out there, confusing as even me, fat old baldy feels at time like a movie start, how much more so for others.....

• Like 2

El Negrito
Posted
Posted
How I deal with this is first date, meeting, eating frenzy, what ever, I accept them to bring one friend if they ask. If there is a second meeting, nope....not on your life, she can eat (and they do) until she is bursting, that's ok but just her. We have all worked for what ever we have so why squander it on free loaders.

I actually believe in chaperon's while dating for many reasons. When I dated my late wife we always had one and I usually paid for them. I realize it is a different culture but if I noticed the chaperon taking advantage I would take the liberty of ordering for them or ask the girl to pick a different person next time.

• Like 4

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)
I actually believe in chaperon's while dating for many reasons. When I dated my late wife we always had one and I usually paid for them. I realize it is a different culture but if I noticed the chaperon taking advantage I would take the liberty of ordering for them or ask the girl to pick a different person next time.

Chaperones were a part of the culture until not so very long ago; when I was dating this lady in the early 90's they were a part of the thing:

AndrewandRuby_zps517ae8bb.jpg

The Mother of My Children. From Bataan and "a pure Tagalog".  She has UK citizenship, is deputy manager of a a care home, and found a new bloke and walked out four years ago leaving me with said kids,the elder of whom seems to be A Success and the younger is A Teenager 

Edited by Methersgate
  • Like 2

El Negrito
Posted
Posted
The Mother of My Children. From Bataan and "a pure Tagalog".  She has UK citizenship, is deputy manager of a a care home, and found a new bloke and walked out four years ago leaving me with said kids,the elder of whom seems to be A Success and the younger is A Teenager 

Pretty lady, but it stinks that she did that to you. Were you able to get anything from her to care for the kids?

• Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

Nah, didn't bother. She got her half of the house anyway, and we had twenty good years. Some in Manila, some in Subic, five in China and the rest here in the UK

That's not counting the house I built for her in Bataan, of course, or her college education, but with Filipinas that is par for the course. .

The main thing is I got my Decree Absolute a month ago, and I can go and do it all again!

Edited by Methersgate
  • Like 3

RBM
Posted
Posted

Pretty lady, but it stinks that she did that to you. Were you able to get anything from her to care for the kids?

Real sorry to hear that, sadly seems not uncommon.

At risk of going off topic I would be interested knowing how these situations stack up as opposed to same race marriages. Maybe should be discussed on a new thread. Have heard the divorce rate in Aussie with Filipinas is pretty grim.

• Like 1