Can't Find Miss Right?

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

Growing up, watching Filipino soaps and noontime variety shows was not encouraged, and there was no opposition from her.  She doesn't have the stomach for soaps, in any language.  Thank goodness I'm not hooked on Y&R. 

• Like 3

El Negrito
Posted
Posted
Finding Mrs Right in that social environment where such behavior is acceptable needs a lot of time and a lot of work and patience.  Thank god, there are still plenty of presh pish.......he, he.

:hystery:  :hystery:  :hystery:

Hilarious!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

As Time goes bye, we all read about the wrong type of lady,

A lot things are said about those that look for a "Sugar Daddy' my "Saviour" oh so many, phrases. 

We (The Foreigner) can be our own worst enemies, We give to freely and sometimes spend money on the wrong thing. This gives out the Wrong message in many cases. Not all Ladies will be Mrs Right by a long chalk.

We should of Course never put all the ladies we meet into the same box. Some are good and Some are (Well) not so Good. So when you are talking in the early stages, lean on this, as some inspiration. her character will arise, from the Questions we ask. :unsure:

I came across this little gem and thought yeah! Worth remembering, when looking for Mrs Right. :)

It doesn't say it all but..........?  post-2148-0-21536100-1407203117_thumb.jp     :thumbsup:

:tiphat:

• Like 4

El Negrito
Posted
Posted
We (The Foreigner) can be our own worst enemies, We give to freely and sometimes spend money on the wrong thing. This gives out the Wrong message in many cases.

Even if you have any amount of money it is better to act like you don't and then when you find that special someone spoil them.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Even if you have any amount of money it is better to act like you don't

Not that easily done here, All Foreigners are Rich, This, is what, they are taught. The  Object of the exercise is to weed, the Wheat from the Chaff.

Imagine! You are sat across the table in a coffee house (or Wherever) from a nice lady that holds your interest. Oh! Pleeeeze can I have it? I won't ask for anything else! :hystery:  til tomorrow yeah! And so it starts.

OH! so many new arrivals, have fallen foul of this situation

Your comment is the right way to do it. Unfortunately, saying no, may just drive them away Then, we start all over again.

El, I don't have an easy answer to this. I tend to think, not many will. It is a suck it and see Situation, that if you are on limited time, can and most probably will be, so very frustrating.

Then of course you will go away with the idea, that All the ladies here, are the same ( I can Assure you they are not) just getting to meet the right one, will be time consuming. Worth it in the end but.........................! :1 (103): On the other hand, I have heard love at First Sight Happens  :rolleyes:  and we all live happy ever after. Boy, I wish some days, I could be a Fly on the wall at some of these Courting Meets.  :)

JP :tiphat:

• Like 2

El Negrito
Posted
Posted (edited)
OH! so many new arrivals, have fallen foul of this situation Your comment is the right way to do it. Unfortunately, saying no, may just drive them away Then, we start all over again.    

Then of course you will go away with the idea, that All the ladies here, are the same ( I can Assure you they are not) just getting to meet the right one, will be time consuming.

I just meant act like you have none while you are getting to know people and making friends and such. Really it depends on the situation but at least don't flaunt money.

I have no easy answer either. I am a generous person, if I have I share. But I also can see a leech a mile away. In Ukraine I spent very generously and took people out to the best restaurants in town who had never been to a restaurant EVER. They all begged me not to pay and begged to chip in and when I insisted on paying they were so embarrassed and thankful.

They made me and gave me gifts later and invited me to their homes and prepared great meals. These people were, many times, dirt poor. Funny enough I had a friend who did ok and knew I didn't have a lot of money and he was sometimes the biggest sponge! Anyway once you find the right lady I have no problem spending money.

With my late wife I knew she was the one and on one of my trips to Mexico while we were dating I offered to buy her a dress and she staunchly refused. Once we had been married a year or two she reminded me of that occasion everytime she liked a dress or some shoes, she was only half joking. I could never refuse her anything she wanted to buy and she was always super careful with our money. Man I miss her...

I just made myself sad.  :23_11_62[1]:

Edited by El Negrito
  • Like 5

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

OH! so many new arrivals, have fallen foul of this situation Your comment is the right way to do it. Unfortunately, saying no, may just drive them away Then, we start all over again.    

Then of course you will go away with the idea, that All the ladies here, are the same ( I can Assure you they are not) just getting to meet the right one, will be time consuming.

I just meant act like you have none while you are getting to know people and making friends and such. Really it depends on the situation but at least don't flaunt money.

I have no easy answer either. I am a generous person, if I have I share. But I also can see a leech a mile away. In Ukraine I spent very generously and took people out to the best restaurants in town who had never been to a restaurant EVER. They all begged me not to pay and begged to chip in and when I insisted on paying they were so embarrassed and thankful.

They made me and gave me gifts later and invited me to their homes and prepared great meals. These people were, many times, dirt poor. Funny enough I had a friend who did ok and knew I didn't have a lot of money and he was sometimes the biggest sponge! Anyway once you find the right lady I have no problem spending money.

With my late wife I knew she was the one and on one of my trips to Mexico while we were dating I offered to buy her a dress and she staunchly refused. Once we had been married a year or two she reminded me of that occasion everytime she liked a dress or some shoes, she was only half joking. I could never refuse her anything she wanted to buy and she was always super careful with our money. Man I miss her...

I just made myself sad.  :23_11_62[1]:

You will be amazed by the firsts that many of the lovely people from Cebu for instance have never experienced. I am always amazed, taken back, and think how I take for granted the most simple of things. For instance a great cup of hot chocolate, going to a movie, flying on a plane, driving a car, wearing clothes that are not hand me downs, I could go on and on, about things that are so very normal for me, but are out of the normal for people living in the Philppines.

• Like 5

El Negrito
Posted
Posted
You will be amazed by the firsts that many of the lovely people from Cebu for instance have never experienced. I am always amazed, taken back, and think how I take for granted the most simple of things. For instance a great cup of hot chocolate, going to a movie, flying on a plane, driving a car, wearing clothes that are not hand me downs, I could go on and on, about things that are so very normal for me, but are out of the normal for people living in the Philppines.

Yes Mike, totally agree. I was amazed that some of those Ukrainians had never been to a restaurant. An American friend who was living there at the time said " You don't understand what a great thing you are doing for them" I think those are words of commendation and also caution. If you can treat people then it is OK but don't throw money around because what is normal to us is RICH to them.

• Like 2

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yes Mike, totally agree. I was amazed that some of those Ukrainians had never been to a restaurant. An American friend who was living there at the time said " You don't understand what a great thing you are doing for them" I think those are words of commendation and also caution. If you can treat people then it is OK but don't throw money around because what is normal to us is RICH to them.

Not sure if this is Philippines wide, but in Cebu, Sunday night is usually family night, which means the whole family goes out to eat if they are able. I am close with a few families in the Cebu area, one of my favorite things is to take them all out on Sunday nights for big meal together at Ayala.

Edited by Medic Mike
  • Like 4

El Negrito
Posted
Posted
Not sure if this is Philippines wide, but in Cebu, Sunday night is usually family night, which means the whole family goes out to eat if they are able. I am close with a few families in the Cebu area, one of my favorite things is to take them all out on Sunday nights for big meal together at Ayala.

:agree: